[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just installed Homebrew on my 3DS and I for the life of me c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1467432290434.jpg (58 KB, 592x588) Image search: [Google]
1467432290434.jpg
58 KB, 592x588
Just installed Homebrew on my 3DS and I for the life of me cannot figure out how to install any damn games to the thing. Something involving CIA files or installing FBI?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
I used this guide, could anyone help me out on what to do?
>>
FBI is an application that installs .cia files. Do you have a game in a .cia format?
>>
>>343538842
you didn't you fucking spammer, you don't even own a nintendo system, all you do is advertising piracy with the hope it "hurts" nintendo
>>
>>343539118
As if piracy ever need promoting.
>>
>>343538842

http://pastebin.com/xENC5Ys7

Follow this guide to replace your emunand's Health and Safety application with FBI. Then you can use FBI to install .cia files.
>>
>guys I just completed part 1 of 5 why can't I get everything free yet???

Did you even fucking try?
>>
>>343539039
I have ZeroTimeDilemma in a cia file.
I was watching a video of a guy installing fbi but he was using a different program on his 3DS than I was. Wasnt sure if I could download it with homebrew on there and not brick the thing.
>>
>>343539118
Enjoy getting fuck in fhe ass by Nintendo.
>>
File: 1463196428247.png (380 KB, 599x462) Image search: [Google]
1463196428247.png
380 KB, 599x462
>>343539475
>http://pastebin.com/xENC5Ys7
Ahh, I'll try this. I couldnt find this in the Homebrew tutorial and it seemed like Step2 was for solving an error in Step1? Not the best at this so thank you anon.
>>
File: 1467297652413.png (309 KB, 700x586) Image search: [Google]
1467297652413.png
309 KB, 700x586
>>343539856

If you only did part 1 from the Plailect guide, you shouldn't be trying to install FBI yet. Just having the homebrew menu installed isn't enough; you're still messing with files in your sysnand which might fuck your shit up.

Part 1 is installing the homebrew menu, part 2 is using the homebrew menu to downgrade your 3DS to version 9.2, and part 3 is making a copy of your sysnand that you can easily mess around with and restore backups of if it breaks somehow.

If you want free games, follow parts 1-3 then do the FBI injection in the new NAND you created in part 3.
>>
Why this thread is here: I tried hacking my old 3ds when the old ironfall demo could be re downloaded from the e-shop. I only wanted gba emulation and it was fucking terrible.

If I used any of the current hacks, can they play gba/snes/etc games without massive slowdown?
>>
>>343538842

CIA files are packages containing 3DS games.

You can use FBI, DevMenu or a bunch of other alternatives to install a CIA.

>>343541615

If you hacked it now you could use GBA injections which are running on close to native hardware and perform just fine.
>>
>>343542098

I'll look into anon, thanks. Didn't want to dig out my SP for nostalgia.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.