[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth getting ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Is this worth getting ?
>>
>>343526595
My brother liked it but I got bored of it. It's combat is a lot like assassins creed with the addition of special moves you can do after certain combo levels

The main thing I got bored with was almost eveything you do results in getting swarmed with tons of orcs
>>
I found it boring, only get it if you really want to kill lots of orcs
>>
It has the repetetion that most beat em ups do, but if you're in the mood for that and you like the feel of Batman Arkham-style combat its good fun. It's pretty easy. Essentially an orc terrorizing simulator.
>>
>>343526595
It's good, but gets boring fast
Also I noticed some of the environment assists are copy pasted from assassins creed , no really
>>
I liked it enough for 2 playthroughs. But don't expect too much out of it. If you can tolerate assassin's creed and Batman Arkham mechanics, then go for it.
>>
>>343526595
bought it 2 days ago. I have 20 hours played and I just finished the main story line. Tbh really fun. Lots to do. Buy the DLC one "game of the year edition" very cheap but adds a lot to the game IMO.
>>
No.
>>
File: 20160629111633_1.jpg (480 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160629111633_1.jpg
480 KB, 1680x1050
Honestly, I was surprised by how much enjoyed it. The main story kind of sucks, but the nemesis system is actually pretty great. Fucking around with the orc captains and playing challenge modes is just so much more fun. No idea about how the DLCs are, since I never tried them. I'd say get it if you don't mind the Bamham combat and find it for cheap.
>>
>>343527532
>The main thing I got bored with was almost eveything you do results in getting swarmed with tons of orcs

That's part of the reason it's so great though.

>surrounded by pissed off Uruk
>wraith blast, knocking most of them away
>grab one of the champions, using his body to block the incoming archer fire
>brand him into being your unwilling servant
>throw him at the rank and file to slow them down
>draw Azkar, the wraith bow of Celebrimbor
>time slows down
>rapidly headshot the remaining champions and shield Uruks
>draw the ranger sword Urfael as time catches back up and Uruk's explode backward
>finish mopping up
>dozens of dead Uruk all around you
>the complete sense of satisfaction as you RP walk away
>>
>>343526595
>arkham style fighting system
>nice graphics
>nemesis system is really cool and fun to play with
>horrible ending, like seriously the ending sucked hard
>a bit repetitive gameplay wise but decent

but for 10$ or whatever it costs right now you cant go wrong, definitely a good game could have been much more though because the story was rather weak if you ask me.
>>
>>343526595
Pretty fun game and definitely worth trying. You can get the GOTY edition for $5 on G2A though.
Only get it on steam unless you're really unsure since you can get a refund.
>>
File: boss fights.jpg (130 KB, 1000x550) Image search: [Google]
boss fights.jpg
130 KB, 1000x550
>>
>>343526595
Its pretty boring tbqh. I picked it up for 10 and got my money's worth if that tells you anything. Nemesis system was pretty awesome but got boring after a while. Game just honestly felt half finished and lacking in content. I finished it in less than 12 hours. Combat was fun but mindless and the story just basically shat on anyone with a love of tolkien.
>>
>>343526595
Yes I loved it. It's a great hack and slash with a really cool enemy system. I had a blast getting the platinum trophy. Once you learn how to make enemies loyal to you it becomes really fun. Making captains turn on their warchief as he's about to challenge you is soooo satisfying.
>>
It's pretty good, especially if you are into LOTR. Game has brutal yet simple gameplay that gets more fun the more you play. It is an easy plat too
>>
For the sale price, yes it is, definitely. Game desperately needs a sequel or spiritual successor that fleshes out the Nemesis system, tones down the combat so you have to rely more on manipulaton and stealth playing as the puppetmaster the game wants you to be, and separates it from the LotR canon so Tolkien fans can have therr franchise back and mostly unmolested.

It's biggest flaw is that by the end of the game, like every action game, you're too effective at killing everything to actually have to rely on the Brand, and the Nemesis sytem is at its best when you die a lot
>>
>>343526595
Its shit. You might as well play an assasins creed game. they're the same game, Except shadow of mordor has a more boring open world
>>
>>343529968
Unless you're big on historical urban architecture the Nemesis System alone gives Mordor far more replayability than your average Assassin's Creed. The former is a condensed version of the latter, it has less pretentious story filler and just as good combat, less weapon variety and a barren world but more interesting ways to manipulate your enemies.

Besides, the only Assassin's Creed worth buying at a similar price at the moment is Black Flag, who's worth it mostly for the boat combat.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.