[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of reboot could actually save Resident Evil in this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: RE_REMAKE_MENU.png (954 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
RE_REMAKE_MENU.png
954 KB, 1680x1050
What kind of reboot could actually save Resident Evil in this generation of gaming?
>>
the 1 they are working on, Remake 2
>>
>>343525094
>implying they won't fuck it up
>>
>>343525094
People don't really know what which direction REmake 2 is headed; it could be like the original REmake with keeping the original gameplay but adding content, or it could be similar modern Resident Evil, like 4-6 or Revelations
>>
>>343525495
They can easily keep the atmosphere and ammo conservation of the first with the over the shoulder camera. Revelations 1 was fantastic, and Revelations 2 was not action oriented at all.
>>
A slow paced 1st person action puzzle game.

But not like what we're probably getting for RE7. They said it won't be like the demo, but I doubt that. They are obviously drawing inspiration from more recent games like Amnesia and Outlast, which were bad games.
>>
>>343525495
>>343525324
>>343525094
I personally don't think going back to the RE2 well will save the franchise.

Because... well first what happens in RE2make? The RE2, specifically the leadership isn't intact. So the notion of this being the extended special edition with the director/producer's vision realized isn't landing like REmake.

But let's say they improve upon RE2 using RE2's format and make additions that are generally appreciated. What do they follow up with? An RE3 or RECV remake would have different points to focus on. And they can't just keep doing HD graphics and reshooting cutscenes for revive a franchise.
>>
>>343525495
either way it would be better than anything we got since Remake1
>>
>>343526026
After RE6, it seems even more possible that an RE2 remake could absorb RE3's storyline as an additional campaign, and include elements and locations from the Outbreak games
>>
>>343526382
I honestly don't think they're going to put that much of a budget into the remake. Going by their latest releases it doesn't seem like they have much money for anything.
>>
>>343526562
You're probably right; expectations are high because people have wanted an RE2 remake for many years, but Capcom delivering something that'll make everyone happy might be an impossible task

I think the series going 1st person and bringing the focus back on the horror element over the action sequences just makes sense, considering 1st person horror games to put you right in the action have become the cliche in recent years
>>
>>343526026

The HD remaster of REmake 1 sold over a million copies last year. Clearly there's some demand for that type of game which likely motivated their decision to remake 2, and RE7's supposed return to survival horror as well (but that also has to do with the popularity of first-person horror games in general). I think the franchise is headed into a better direction for now, but we'll have to wait until we see any progress on REmake 2 to confirm.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.