[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever played video games with your parents /v/? Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: VpWhGAf[1].png (1 MB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
VpWhGAf[1].png
1 MB, 1124x1024
Have you ever played video games with your parents /v/?

Did you ever ask them to beat a level for you cause you couldn't
>>
I use to have my mom type in the cheat codes for vigilante 8 second offense because I couldnt remember how to spell characters right

she also sold my copy of future cops LAPD because of the sky captain dialogue being annoying
>>
dumb kotposter
>>
>>343521653
>Did you ever ask them to beat a level for you cause you couldn't
That must be the ultimate humiliation.
>>
>>343521854
You try beating the giraffe level of the lion king I'm 23 and still can't do that shit
>>
>>343521854

I must've been 5-6 when the Tarzan tie-in PlayStation game fell into my hands. I don't know a single 5 year old with the stones or coordination to kill that leopard
>>
i remeber playing strikers 1945 on ps1 with my father
>>
When I was really little I couldn't beat the desert tank level in Starfox 64 so I had to ask my older brother for help
>>
I played sports and fighting games with my dad, I stopped playing with him when he started complaining like a child after being beat.

My mum mainly played video games on her own.
>>
>>343521653

I tried to get my dad to play N64 with me, I think. He wasn't into it. He eventually got a Wii which he never used.

I had a friend who I thought was amazing because he could the 100m in International Track n' Field on PS1 in like 8.5 seconds. Then his dad did it in like 6.5. Blew my mind.
>>
>>343521653
Back in the days I played Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia 2 The Shadow and the Flame, Pushover, Prehistoric, Commander Keen, Bio-Menace, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure and few others with my mom.

With dad we played mostly Wolfenstein 3D and Doom / Doom 2.
>>
>>343521653
My dad, my little brother, and I would play CTR almost every day when I was a kid. He also really liked Kingdom Hearts for some reason.
>>
>tfw my dad use to watch me play all the halo games
>he loved the story and lore so much he bought us all the novels
>everytime a new halo comes out he asks me about it
>didnt have the heart to tell him how bad halo 5's campaign was
>>
My mom and I used to play Streets of Rage together.
My dad bought a ps2 just so we could play Katamari Damacy.
>>
>>343521653
I still cant beat my dad in AoE2. His wall meta is too strong
>>
>>343522004
Fuck those ostritches. Nowadays I can either do the entire level in one go or I just fuck up every single ostritch section.

Best version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grDN5VKHmjE
>>
File: MarioSMBW.png (222 KB, 191x296) Image search: [Google]
MarioSMBW.png
222 KB, 191x296
My mother plays Mario Kart and NSMB with me. Also other Mario sports games.

She can't really into 3D though which is why she likes NSMB. She's 57.

I feel like it's my fault that she'll never play 3D games because shortly after Mario 64 came out I went outside with friends across the street or something. I came back inside and she had just sat down and was trying Mario 64, I acted like a complete little brat to her and wanted to play, so she basically just said fuck it and gave it to me. I immediately felt bad and tried to convince her to come back. She never tried it again though. Been about 20 years since then.
>>
>>343521653
I used to play games with my dad on saturday nights.
>>
>>343525823

Also, my dad is 70 and doesn't do video games at all. Very rarely can I get him to play something like pac man.
>>
My dad had to do world 8 for me in SMB.

My mom had to help me with Zelda all the time. Then when I was slightly older I needed my moms help with death mountain in LTTP cause it was spooky. Too much cave.
>>
I play fightan with my dad

he's significantly better than me And he's helping me get better
>>
>>343521653
Used to play some puzzle games and racing.
>>
My parents have always played games. When I was a kid I used to play two player SMB and SMB3 with my mom, she was actually pretty good and beat the games by herself several times. My dad used to play Street Fighter 2 on my SNES, then he graduated to Medal of Honor for the PS1. Man he loved those games.

I miss playing co op with my mom honestly, those were good times.
>>
I've played Portal 2 co-op and part of TimeSplitters 2 co-op with my dad.
>>
>>343521653
Played all kinds of games with my dad.
Lots of old rpgs. The Wizardry series, Myst, Mighy and Magic, Diablo, etc. Lota of good memories.
>>
The only game my father plays is Tetris. He is an engineer/architect
>>
>>343521653
>Have you ever played video games with your parents /v/?
Yes, a long time ago.

I was better than them at everything we played by age 4, not joking. So no.
>>
>>343521653
My father always hated videogames but sometimes makes jokes about it
My mother and her sister played that cow race in Wii party.
A lot of fun because of the mii versions, but the only one :/
>>
>>343521653
I played co-op in Final Fantasy Explorers with my mom. Really disappointed in the lack of story though. She kept playing solo but I got bored and stopped.
>>
>>343522004
Are you talking about the ones with the monkey's? If so, it is made intentionally harder due to game rentals back then. After spending a certain amount of time on it the difficulty will change.
>>
>>343521653

That's what I had an older brother for.
>>
>>343521653
when I was young my mom played centipede, joust, and space invaders on my Atari 2600 with me. my dad played golf and pole position 2.

also chopper command was hot shit. I'm old (turning 35 soon).
>>
>>343521653
Used to play Time Commando and Mech Commander with my dad. I was actually the one that got past the parts he couldn't figure out.
Neither of us understood english
>>
When I was very young my siblings and I got my father to play Heart of Darkness since we were too casul to play that. We watched while he played. He got as far as some cliff wall with a giant worm in it that would eat you while you tried to climb, some time after the village of the goofy winged dudes was attacked. He rage-quit after that and none of us picked it up afterwards.
>>
My parents both don't care about video games. I guess they just spend a lot of time working and don't have time.

How can I get them to start playing /v/? I honestly think it'd be kinda good for when they get older. I feel it'll give them something interactive that they can occupy themselves with instead of rotting in front of the tv.
>>
File: 1309287595346.png (149 KB, 384x304) Image search: [Google]
1309287595346.png
149 KB, 384x304
My father would practically COACH me in vidya when I was like 5-8 years old. He'd sit there and watch me play and tell me what I should do if I fucked up or got stuck.

I was able to play FF7 without knowing a word of English because he'd sit there the whole time and translate it all for me. Taught me some basic English, that. FF8 I was able to play alone, not that I understood most of it yet.

In retrospect, I chuckle recalling him being a little awkward about the Honey Bee Inn incident when I was asking what's going on.

I never actually played anything with him though.
>>
File: image_15.jpg (55 KB, 684x577) Image search: [Google]
image_15.jpg
55 KB, 684x577
>mom got Motion Sickness playing Mario Kart 64 with me
>never played a game again

>I got Motion Sickness playing EVE Valkyrie on PSVR at Best Buy yesterday
>mfw
>>
dad played baseball, I played baseball so I bought a baseball game when I was in high school. My teammates played it too even though they dont really play vidya
>>
>>343521653
I played tetris with my mom. she beated my ass back then. Now, she plays mostly slow paced games because disease is destroying joints in her body. And she can't play long because of the pain becomes unbearable after some time sitting front of PC.
>>
>>343529962
your bullshiting me. they have an EVE demo at Best Buy?
>>
>>343530145
EVE Valkyrie is a VR space flight sim.
It also sucks.
>>
>>343530145
>>343530321
What I mean to say is that it's not the MMO but rather a Space Shooter in the same universe.
>>
not at all. My dad wished he hadn't let video games into the house because I'm not going out at all, I think because when I was much younger I was spending some time outside and not inside the house.
>>
I used to play Halo split screen with my dad. He was terrible but i'd always let him win.

I'm pretty sure he had to do the library for me because I was a pussy
>>
>>343525430
343 lore is objectively better than Bungie lore though
>>
>>343521653
Mom was aces at pokemon puzzle leauge
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.