[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when anticipated JRPGs were fun and full of wonder and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: derp.jpg (179 KB, 570x881) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
179 KB, 570x881
Remember when anticipated JRPGs were fun and full of wonder and charming characters? Remember when they weren't being produced for teenagers and twenty-somethings who were bullied and wanted to relive their high school years with OMG ANIMU characters and unrelatable, melodramatic themes?

Remember that?
>>
>>343513459
No, JRPGs have always been shit with a few exceptions, the same as now.
>>
>>343513459
Is this the "Jrpgs were better back in my day" thread?
>>
I'd like to see a more serious attempt at a JRPG, one that breaks away from anime tropes and bubbly personalities and brings in more of a colder, realistic approach. At the very least it'd be refreshing.

5GfourY3-0JL9N-KsixZN4
>>
>>343513835
Like this one?
>>
>>343513459
But that's who they were made for...
>>
>>343513835
what was the code for?
>>
The generic art style of most jrpgs is an instant nope as well, they're a shameful interest simple and plain.
>>
>>343513835
What was it?
>>
>>343513934
Thanks, anon, I'll check it out.

>>343514058
>>343514084
Honestly, I can't remember. I'm just picking them randomly off a list.

AQDZD-JA3PY-4DXPL
PHRR0-6V70W-5IQZM
TG7J8-METNQ-45HDB
7XA8G-RGGK9-LZHRZ
>>
>>343513459
Unfortunately I do
I wish there wad a way to wipe that shit from my memory
Fortunately I have an excuse to replay MegaNep V-II in a few days
Yay
>>
>>343514191
I got the third, it was Sideway. Never heard of it, gonna try it later. Thanks
>>
>>343514219
>Uzume is able to reopen the Sharing Field by draining power from the original Share Crystal; her and Kurome's life-force. The party successfully destroy Dark Orange in the Sharing Field, though Kurome orders her monsters to destroy Hyper Dimension before disappearing. With Hyper Dimension facing annihilation, Uzume orders Nepgear and Neptune to destroy the original Share Crystal, which will erase herself, Kurome, Zero/Heart Dimension and the monster hoard. With no alternative, Neptune and Nepgear comply to save their world. Uzume buys the party enough time to evacuate themselves and the friendly monsters, including Umio, back to Hyper Dimension. Zero/Heart Dimension disappears and the party return home with heavy hearts. Post credits scenes reveal that the monster hoard never reached Hyper Dimension. Later, Neptune and Nepgear are visited by Uzume's spirit, who promises to always watch over them.

gay
>>
File: jrpg.png (1 MB, 690x620) Image search: [Google]
jrpg.png
1 MB, 690x620
>tfw your favourite series died before going full waifushit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.