[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the Dust has settled... Actually, that was the joke.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 2500x1200-Vista.jpg (470 KB, 2500x1200) Image search: [Google]
2500x1200-Vista.jpg
470 KB, 2500x1200
Now that the Dust has settled...
Actually, that was the joke. What the fuck happened to Dust? Did anybody actually even play this?
>>
This game proves CCP doesn't have any idea what it's doing. Why in their right mind would they make a console fps then try to tie it to one of the most niche MMOs out there?
>>
>>343511458
The tie-in thing was kind of a cool idea.

But the game happened, and then ZERO talk about it ever. Like it just fucking disappeared.
>>
File: 449_600.gif (986 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
449_600.gif
986 KB, 500x270
>>343511250
Reminded me of 2142 so I liked it. There aren't any others that feel like this and planetside is shit. That's the only reason I played. All I want is another game like 2142, I just wish ea had no part in its development
>>
>>343511250
>Actually, that was the joke
heh
you tried

i bet you dont even play this game
>>
>Let's make a spin-off game to our hardcore sandbox MMO that actually ties into it
>Now what would make our dedicated PC playerbase try out our new FPS game?
>Let's put it on consoles and never market it.

What could have possibly gone wrong?
>>
>>343511250
Sony happened, since it was an exclusive contract.

They made a console exclusive shooter tie-in for a PC exclusive MMO. There may be a bit of overlap on players, but nowhere near what it could have been if it was on the same console. Like I had corp mates that would muse at playing it at points during downtimes, but only if it was also on PC. Kind of like how Hearthstone was made with the idea of "Let's have something fun for DPS to do during ques, but make some money off it", but now with FPS.

I heard they're trying to make a new one that is PC based, but I haven't really checked in on it. If anything, it'll go the route of old Dust, since CCP have great ideas, but they toss something out and then switch to the next thing, leaving lots of dodgy choices in place at points. Such is the issue with content creep in MMOs.
>>
>>343512130
This, for real. Hilariously retarded move.
>>
>>343511250
They made it console exclusive for a game that has its playerbase on PC.
Of course it was going to flop, not to say that EVE is already dying.
>>
File: Itsbetterthannothing.png (2 MB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
Itsbetterthannothing.png
2 MB, 1400x900
>>343512192
This is why I can't stand the console fight shit. If everything came out for every system life would be nice.
>>
>>343512381
Pretty much. Sony hyped it up as a big deal in Home (who even remembers that existed by now?), as well as had special promos and minigames for promotion.

Then by the time it's all said and done, a moderate shooter comes out, and it has mixed reception with how it works on EVE. It reminds me of how Planetary Interactions was touted as an amazing new feature inbound, and then the end result turned out to be much more mundane. I think DUST only worked with faction warfare corps, instead of being something Joe Blow's WH corp could utilize, which limited the interaction between the two games by quite a bit.
>>
>>343512727
It was supposed to have much more integration, but I think it's just going to be dropped in favor of the new pc shooter that comes out at some point, and valkyrie.
>>
>wod online died for this
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.