[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I love Fallout 1, what other games should I play? I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
If I love Fallout 1, what other games should I play? I haven't played that many games, however, I've played through Bethesda's rpgs from morrowind and on.
>>
Fallout 2
>>
Arcanum
>>
The original Wasteland, Arcanum, and Underrail.
>>
Planescape Torment
Bard's Tale
Little Big Adventure

>>343510129
>>343510214
>>343510270
all of these
>>
>>343510129
>>343510214
>>343510270
Thanks!
Would it also be worth playing through Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 with the expansions? And if so is there anything I should read/download alongside the games?
>>
>>343510373
Yes
Yes, community patches that don't come with the GoG version, except for Underrail since that's a recent game.
>>
>>343510303
Thanks too! I remember being interested in LBA when I was younger but I ended up never really playing it, so I'm grateful that you reminded me about it.
>>
>>343510087
check my 5
>>
Not Fallout 2
>>
>>343510415
I'll be sure to download the recommended patches for each game. Thanks for the advice
>>
>>343510657
Yeah I felt like Fallout 2 lacked the strong atmosphere and perfect pacing of the first game. Due to the heaps of content they added to the game it starts to contrast with the player's value and makes the game feel extremely unfocused. Like in fallout 1, everything is indirectly targeted towards your quest for the water chip and/or to stop the master. Whereas fallout 2 attempts to give the player a clear goal then drops you into a world with a ton of miscellaneous content that gets in the way of that. I played it a long time ago though so I might think of it differently if I replayed it
>>
>>343510373
For BGs just get enhanced editions, but take a while and look for older versions on torrents. Recent patches fucked UI bad.

And seriously play Arcanum, it has the same touch as Fallout, but more fucked up with game breaking bugs and mechanics. If Fallout were tender love in bedroom, Arcanum would be a gangbang in backalley. It's really great.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.