[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: happening.png (26 KB, 1332x480) Image search: [Google]
happening.png
26 KB, 1332x480
IT IS HAPPENING
>>
Is this for Rance Quest? 6?
>>
>>343508156
Arunaru was the translator for 6 before Alicesoft license happened and he had to do Haruka, so probably that.
>>
File: 1.png (5 KB, 760x111) Image search: [Google]
1.png
5 KB, 760x111
No, it's not.
>>
>>343510714

how does he know when he's going to die? Can he tell me when I'm going to die?
>>
>>343510714
I hope he dies right now so I can laugh in his dead face about him being wrong.
>>
>>343510856
I alluded to the same thing, perhaps someone 'll take me up on it and hit him with a truck tomorrow.

>>>/jp/15479496
>>>/jp/15479507
>>
>>343508156
>>343508814
Mangagamer haven't done a game as old as Rance VI before.

And yes Shuffle was released half a year before Rance VI but Mangagamer translated Shuffle back in 2009.

Rance VI is 12 years old next month and without Rance VI there is no point
>>
>>343511369
It's old, but I believe it holds up. I recently played the game, and while the resolution is small, gameplay is still solid. For all the dungeon-crawler eroge that has been released after it, it's amazing how much better it is.
Unlike games like Raidy or Bunny Black, you're not dungeoneering only in flat spaces, but most areas also have element of depth to them, so it's not nearly as dull.
And the story is proper JRPG fair, with everything you'd expect from a proper game going on. I seriously hope MangaGamer releases it, so English audience can also experience the game.
>>
>>343511742
It's a great game.

My favourite in the Rance series but I think Mangagamer will want something shinier and go for the inferior Rance Quest or even Rance 01
>>
>>343511926
I actually think Rance Quest has best gameplay in series, but with story in equation it definitely loses 6, not to mention that most of the characters actually get proper focus in that, rather than just single quest, if even that. And with all the characters from earlier games making appearance, you really wouldn't enjoy Quest much without having played others.
...And I also hope that they do 5D, since that introduces Rizna and Copandon, who is my favourite character in series.
>>
>>343512984
Quest just isn't as fun without VI and as you say has no plot until magnum.

And then IX really, really needs VI

Best plan would be
VI+5D, 01 + 2, 03, Quest, 04, IX, X
>>
For reference, the /jp/ autists say that mangagamer will probably announce something alicesoft related at otakon, which is next month
>>
>>343513705
and the alicesoft/rance general reckon Escalayer will be it
>>
>>343513134
Them going in Japanese release order would also work. 5D+VI, Sengoku, Quest, 01+02, IX, 03... But they'd really have to step up release speed for this.
And I know Sengoku had the fan-translation, but TakaJun's work wasn't really that good, not to mention that most of engine problems which caused text to be left in Japanese could be fixed now. MG would be foolish not to do it.
>>
>>343514221
They are still butthurt over Haruka.
>>
>>343514221
>Escalayer
Good. Hope it does well. They've got a good thing going with Haruka which is also great. Better to expand upon that and open the doors to Rance after having already established themselves.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.