[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Bastion exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_o6z4mnpUaY1vnrfn9o1_540.png (398 KB, 540x587) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6z4mnpUaY1vnrfn9o1_540.png
398 KB, 540x587
Okay, bear with me. Generally, every character in Overwatch - or in any game in general - is supposed to appeal to someone. For example, Zarya appeals to both tumblr and /pol/, Genji appeals to weaboos, Torbjorn appeals to Team Fortress players, and Reinhardt appeals to people who still believe there will be white men in Germany by 2070.

However, there's Bastion. He's a robot. So is Zenyatta, by the way, but Zenyatta has lines, character traits and is some kind of cool monk - but Bastion can't speak. He doesn't have any characterization. The only notable thing about him apart from his minigun is his little bird sidekick, who appears during his emotes and victory poses. I'm puzzled and curious about Blizzard's choices here - why does Bastion exist?
>>
>>343506361
Bastion exists because somebody thought they had a good idea and nobody told them no.
He apparently does have characterization as a robot that mostly went against its programming, but you need to read more into the lore behind the game, and I couldn't give a shit to know more because I don't play it.
>>
He is the R2D2 of overwatch.
>>
>>343506361
Players who can't wait to be a useless piece of shit and turret and occasionally press M1
>>
Bastion is an important and essential part of a solid defense team.
>>
>>343506592
He's asking why he exists (lore wise).
Clearly you're a baddie who is STILL getting rekt by bastion.
>>
>>343506361
He's like the Iron Giant, imposing and potentially deadly, but is really just nice and curious about the world inside.
>>
File: bR1uR6ZbEf.png (43 KB, 237x330) Image search: [Google]
bR1uR6ZbEf.png
43 KB, 237x330
>>343506765
>bastion
>being helpful

Pick one
>>
>>343506361
Bastion appeals to people who enjoy pissing off autists
>>
>>343506361
Bastion is literally the cutest character in the game. Only a turbo autist would be unable to pick up on his characterisation.
>>
>>343506361
People who like the "cute and playful thing who is also a killing machine" trope... like, he's cute and innocent up until he destroys the enemy team. It's actually a common kind of character in games.
>>
>>343507620
Yeah, having a good Bastion on your team makes you nearly unstoppable.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.