[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Beckett.png (915 KB, 957x957) Image search: [Google]
Beckett.png
915 KB, 957x957
what the fuck was his problem?
>>
He was a cynic who was right all along but lost his nerve towards the end when shit got too real. He's basically Lisa Simpson from that one episode when they uncover the angel skeleton.
>>
>>343504004
he was too enlightened by his own intelligence and therefore euphoric.
>>
>>343504004
only guy you can trust, other than mercurio
>>
File: 1354858296530.jpg (2 MB, 1200x2268) Image search: [Google]
1354858296530.jpg
2 MB, 1200x2268
Hang on. I can fix this thread.
>>
>>343504004
he was best bro
>>
It's been a long, long time, but from what I remember he was a canon npc in the pen and paper game. In that one he actually did believe in the Antediluvians and various other black magic and prophetic stuff as he had discovered the evidence of it himself. However he had to publicly pretend not to believe in any of it, since denying the existence as a lot of that stuff was the official policy of the Camarilla. This was possibly because the leaders of it just wanted to live in denial and enjoy their massively long lives in peace for as long as possible, and possibly because the leaders of the Camarilla were all actually slaves of the Antediluvians. So basically him cynically mocking everything was a part of the public persona he needed to use to keep himself from getting assassinated and/or mindfucked.
>>
he was a sneering LA gawth
>>
He was a supernatural creature who believed in secular humanism, i.e. an idiot.
>>
>>343506248
It obviously wasn't supernatural to him you dolt
>>
>>343506161
>sneering LA gawth
Vampire the Masquerade in a nutshell.
>>
>>343504004
Annoyed with how vampiric embraces enhances superstition.
1. It is a fact that vampires are not real.
2. Now that I'm a vampire everything that I didn't previously believe is a fact.
>>
>>343506248
You're implying that nonsecular humanism is any better
>>
>>343505289
Gangrel merits are really retarded because players want to fucking avoid frenzy to begin with.
>>
>>343504004
>only guy who tried to help you in this cruel world of vampires is a werewolf
>>
>>343506490
He's a Gangrel you retard.
>>
>>343506528
i was pretending to be retarafdb you fuckin idiot
>>
>>343506478
not really. going into frenzy turns you into a killing machine, it's an interesting play style

thats kind of the point with the clans, they offer something different and keeps the game fresh after multiple playthroughs
>>
>>343506084
wasn't he working for the Camarilla? why would he cooperate with lacroix if he was at risk of being assassinated?

where do you find this stuff out anon, im an intrigued retard
>>
>>343506635
>they offer something different

except for the Ventrue lol
>>
>>343507162
mind control.
>>
>>343507162
Mind control in convos and being a super tank is fun
>>
>>343506161
He's not actually from LA, and is one of the small handful of people, vampire or otherwise, that isn't a goth.

He pretty much is incapable of sneering though, which is a little-known vampire weakness.
>>
>>343506248
See, once you become something, you cease thinking of it is supernatural. He rightfully understands viewing himself as a magical creature turns you into a crazy faggot; he's also part of a subset of predatory creatures that are the second most likely on average to turn into crazy faggots.

He accidentally fucked up once, and ended up with animal eyes. Unlike pretty much everyone in his position, he didn't take this to become a weeping furfaggot with special snowflake traits. Instead he decided to become the most rational vampire in history.

The fact that he's wrong is irrelevant. His line of thinking allowed him not only to live until the end of the world, it let him survive the fucking vampire apocalypse.

And of course, he was 100% right in the game.
>>
>>343507841
>>343507927
you can dominate as Tremere as well altough it's suboptimal compared to thaumaturgy
>>
>>343507990
>isn't a goth
He looks and acts like he can fit right in with Fields of Nephilim or something
>>
>>343506790
I think it was just personal curiosity for the sarcophagus.
>>
>>343505289
>fixing thread
>not being ISOLATED

I'll help you, anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyUV1eyETtc
>>
>>343509493
It's not even the best track in the game I don't know why it's so memetic.
>>
File: vampire bloodlines beta tester.jpg (123 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
vampire bloodlines beta tester.jpg
123 KB, 375x500
>hating on Beckett

neonates
>>
Who is the most boring clan and why it is ventrue?
>>
>>343506790
I used to play the game and read all the sourcebooks back in my embarrassing goth phase. Like I said, not so much "finding it out" as "vaguely remembering." It's just me being way too old to still be posting on 4chan /v/.
>>
>>343509821
Toreador is close second.
>>
WHERE ARE YOU TAKING US!?
>>
>>343509341
He's dressed like Indiana Jones. Having long hair is a requirement for being a Gangrel. And his eyes are like that because he lost his shit once.

At no point does he act like a goth. He explicitly takes the piss out of acting all dramatic (though this doesn't stop him from being immensely snide in the most polite way possible).

Nice of you to know Fields of Nephilim though.
>>
Was it only the Malkavian characters that saw the true nature of the driver in the end?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.