[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying Light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Dying_Light_Original_Score.jpg (24 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
Dying_Light_Original_Score.jpg
24 KB, 280x280
Why does nobody talk about Dying Light?

Good game, Good campaign, DLC, Multiplayer, etc.
It was basically what Dying Light should have been, but better.

Yet this game flys so far under the radar, why?
>>
>>343503893
>It was basically what Dying Light should have been, but better.
what? you mean Dead Island?
>>
>>343503893
>It was basically what Dying Light should have been, but better

wat
>>
>>343503893
>It was basically what Dying Light should have been, but better.

I assume you mean Dead Island. And yeah, it's a pretty neat game. The problem is that it's somewhat old and there was little replay value or intrigue to the plot. Thus there's not much to talk about these days. When it came out most seemed to think it was surprisingly good even if the story was basically nothing and the final "boss" is a QTE.

It's honestly why I hate the idea that we're getting a Dead Island 2 instead of a Dying Light 2.
>>
>>343503893
So fucking boring game
>>
>>343503893
have 50+ hours in it, very fun game
not much to discuss though
>>
>>343504214
>I hate the idea that we're getting a Dead Island 2 instead of a Dying Light 2.

Same but rumour is they're making more expansions like the following, exploring different mechanics each time
>>
>>343504069
>>343504082
>>343504214
Im pretty high, butbyes I meant Dead Island
>>
Swinging around Old Town with the grappling hook was GOAT, but the game was just empty. Fun as shit the first time around, but empty as in little replay value, or anything else of interest.
>>
>>343503893
>Why does nobody talk about Dying Light?

because everyone is fed up with zombies
>>
>>343503893
There's not much to discuss.
>>
>>343504323
Considering the age of the game they might as well just make a sequel. Especially considering the endings to the DLC if they're canon in any way. Hard to continue the main character's story after being nuked or turned.

Though it is possible that Dead Island 2 is going to take from Dying Light. As long as the combat isn't total ass and some parts of the parkour are brought in then I'd be down.
>>
It's a great game.
Probably the most fun I had last year, but it's one of those one playthrough deals, nothing to obsess about.
>>
There wasn't any real story to speak of, so anyone interested in discussing anything about that apsect of the game is out. The mechanics, while interesting and fun, are hybridized versions of Mirror's Edge, Dead Island, etc. So, not particularly original. The game doesn't have a unique aesthetic either, it's just 'grimy third world shithole + zombies' which has, once again, been done before.

Basically, the game is a cool trailer. Everyone loves killing zombies, and they managed to make the game itself not boring enough that you could finish it on the merits of gameplay alone.

There's just... not that much there. It lacks whatever Just Cause has for making the game itself fun to fuck around in.
>>
I played through it once singleplayer on release and then played through it again multi before the following came out. Multi makes it 1000x better but I thoroughly enjoyed it single
>>
>>343503893
>Dying Light was Dying Light but better
>>
I wish we got a game like that set in one of the major cities.

That would be neat as hell.
>>
>>343504807
fug dat
the second half was shit compared to the first because of all the high rises
>>
>>343504398
>running through old town
>survivors who need help nearby marked
>it's the double faggot arena
I would rather fight the infinite volatiles while escaping that one tunnel than fight one more hulk faggot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.