[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I give my grunts mechs or ayyy powers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: XCOM Enemy Within.jpg (186 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
XCOM Enemy Within.jpg
186 KB, 970x546
Should I give my grunts mechs or ayyy powers?
>>
>>343501231
mechs to be OP and fucking awesome
ayyy if you like the color purple
>>
File: Hot mech on mech action Xcom.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Hot mech on mech action Xcom.webm
3 MB, 800x450
Build like 1 or 2 badass mechs for fire support, a smany psychics as RNGesus gives you and the rest regular grunts.

Fuck juiced up roid soldiers, I like muh sleeves

Except Duke Nukem, no sleeves and all the Juice for him
>>
>was about to buy this game
>see that there is an option to save scum when you miss a 99% shot

I know there is ironman mode or whatever but ugh, just don't give us the option. It's like having the option to lower difficulty settings in Dark Souls if you get stuck on a boss. Too tempting and takes away the intensity/punishment.
>>
>>343502358
Just don't fucking do it then
>>
>>343502358
save scumming like a motherfucker is tradition anon... cmon, admit it, we all do it
>>
>>343502358
>Too tempting
Don't blame your own weakness on the game.
>>
>>343502358
Dark Souls doesn't have a failure state. You die and try again. The RNG screwing up an Ironman XCOM playthrough after 30 hours stings a little more than that.
>>
>>343501231
> buy this game on vita, cause it sounds like a pretty good game to play on handheld
> runs like absolute shit

Damn it, I just wanted a good strategy to play on my handhelds, and fire emblem doesn't cut it.
I guess it should be expected from firaxis
>>
>>343501231
Mechs trivialize many otherwise dangerous enemies and encounters due to their insane durability and close-quarters combat.

It makes the game really piss easy considering the alium's strategy is to bumrush 100% chance melee shit at you while your squad misses like fucktards and dies in one melee.

You still need ayy psionics to deal with fodder and the story missions though.
>>
>>343501231
A couple of guys with meme skin totally breaks the game
>>
>>343503689
I will reply to you and ignore the other posts because you seem to 'get it'.

But that's kinda my point. I would prefer it to be like Binding of Isaac; if you die then tough shit. It's like if you're going to base your whole game around not wanting to lose these shots then don't have the option to reload it.
>>
>>343503417
It's not that simple. It's like i avoid the temptation and just bruteforce my way through it all. Then go somewhere like here to discuss the game and i'm surrounded by plebs who just save scummed. I can't tell who beat it legit. You could make the argument that dark souls players can summon but save scumming is worse it's just like flipping a coin until it rolls what you want.
>>
>>343501231
chop up Zhang for maximum effect
>>
mimetic skin on a sniper is absolutely ridiculous
>>
>>343503841
it ran even worse on android even after another wave of downgrades. neo-firaxis is the worst

ROTK XIII PS4 soon, praise jesus for remote play
>>
>>343501231
I got the base game for free with Xbox gold.

Is the expansion also free? I'm assuming not.
>>
>>343505248
>>343505076

i haven't played it yet, but from what i can gather

1. There is ironman mode so maybe use it.

2. Reloading a save doesn't just make the game instantly ezmode. Towards the end of the game it gets severely autistic and even reloading your shit will still leave multiple continents in Panic mode by the time you end the mission.

Just play in ironman mode but i imagine it will kick your ass harder than you are thinking it will. As pic related said, Xcom will make you understand that 75% isn't good odds.
>>
>>343505248
lmao what
you wont play a game because of some dick measuring "i beat it on hardcore" bullshit on internet forums?
>>
>>343506147
no

it's more like i'm discussing strategies and shit and a bunch of people who savescummed are giving me suggestions when why the fuck should i listen if they just re-rolled until they got the odds in their favor, capiche? I feel like you know what i am saying in these posts but you're just a little bitch who wants to defend save scumming. Whatever floats your boat bro, but one day you will beat a game without doing lame shit and actually feel some achievement out of it.
>>
>>343506637
i beat it without savescumming, thank you very much.

don't play it then, it's your loss.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.