[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought this game on Steam couple of days ago. Never played this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Bought this game on Steam couple of days ago. Never played this kind of game before, unable to get past the first murder questline.
I´m not one to be spoonfed, but this shit is fucking hard. Going out of town kills me, talking to every single NPC gets me nowhere either.

Can you guys give me some tips on how to start? Good starting classes, general advice. Anything would be appriciated.
>>
>>343497840
>Never played this kind of game before, unable to get past the first murder questline.
>I´m not one to be spoonfed, but this shit is fucking hard.
Steal everything that isn't nailed down.
>>
If you want to wreck, mage + rogue (both with lone wolf) is uncontested. If you want a more standard party, make one of your characters into two-handed fighter and pick magic racist nigger as mage support. If you get wrecked by zombos back away towards the city, the guards will help. You should be able to get at least to level 3 by doing city quests alone, talk to anyone, steal everything (have one character initiate the dialogue for distraction and steal with the other), press every switch and dig every grave ever (half of them will wipe your party for shits and giggles though).
>>
In combat, crowd control and focus fire are key. Minimize the damage your party takes.

As far as the murder quest goes, there's this meme perk Pet Pal that, among other things, allows you to talk to Jake's dog (it's something one of your characters should take in general, as some quests aren't even available if you can't talk to animals). That should give some pointers about how to proceed.
>>
>>343497840
>unable to get past the first murder questline.
did you visit the inn? there's a key something in the murder room.

>Going out of town kills me
left-facing (not from the harbor) is the lowest monster level direction

>steal everything that isn't nailed down
this anon is right as rain. use one character to speak to an npc, turning them around, and use a second (unlinked) character to stealth-nab whatever you please. No stealth skill, no problem. It's LOS based.
>>
>>343497840
Start fighting enemies on the west side of the map. east is where they are the hardest. Also the murder quest takes a long time to complete and you have to do many other quests before you actually finish it. I suggest looking at a guide because its way to fucking complicated to explain here, Also you can steal everything and there is no karma system in place. Paintings are worth a lot of money. As long as you don't get caught stealing really helps in the early game.

Don't brute force in battles. use the terrain and objects on the battlefield to your advantage.
>>
File: cute.jpg (64 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
64 KB, 500x364
Thank you, kind anons!
>>
>>343498824
I hope you have the ability to talk to animals, they can give you quests.
>>
>>343497840
Get a full 4 members party first (Unless you took Lone Wolf perk). Don't forget to buy spells/skills at vendors.

The game is solid comfy
>>
>>343500025
It's worth noting that both of your characters can have one companion so, if you have just one lone wolf character, you can have a third party member.
>>
>>343497840
gitt guud
>>
>>343500025
>Don't forget to buy spells/skills at vendors.
I had forgotten how much I disliked this part of their system.
I can't remember what they've said on skill aquisition in D:OS2 but I hope it's not as fucking stupid. At least re-usable skill books.

>read a book
>learn a thing
>book disappears
keep your shit together you fucking mongoloids. You're telling me you can carry tonnes of obsolete weapons & armor but carrying a book you've read once is out of the question? what kind of idiot heroes are these.
>>
>>343498389
>using one party member as a distraction while another robs them blind

that's pretty neato, I've got to get around to this game someday
>>
Back in the good old days, this game would be considered easy with how much it holds your hand.
>>
>tfw been playing divinity 2
it's been great fun
>>
>>343502891
using objects to block a stationary npcs los works too
think the cauldron on head from skyrim
>>
>>343502752
Worst part was the books was rng
So fucking stupid
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.