[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
The best Witcher game in the series
>>
>>343489009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIy0ji4PPx0
>>
>>343489009
yes, this is true.
>>
why is the traveling in these games such a bore?
>>
This time you pissed in a tornado
>>
File: witcherdryad.jpg (385 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
witcherdryad.jpg
385 KB, 1440x900
>>343489009
The art book for the collector's edition is pretty great too.

Thick with glossy A4.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Xh_oeQ2-E
>>
witcher 1 dialog is deus ex levels of both great and hilarious
>>
Romance cards were the shit! The Witcher 2/3 fell short for not adding the ability to fug any hot girl.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awySYbgS1z8&index=8&list=PLroAdVEaqxtyO0oCFk84dj2H-vaA9wnCj
>>
>>343489009
For once, OP is not a faggot.
TW1 > the rest.
>>
>>343489550
any more?
>>
As someone who just finished playing BaW, Witcher 1, and Witcher 2 and has read the first 5 Witcher books, no it is not the best game in the series. It is the worst game in the series and it's not even close. The combat is boring and tedious, alchemy is OP as shit and makes the game EZ mode but the final chapter (especially Azar Javed) is unbeatable without using potion, the story makes no sense and is fan fiction tier, the voice acting is garbage aside from a few exceptions, the map design is horrendous and forces constant backtracking, and the characters act nothing like they do in the books (especially Geralt and Triss) or in the other games. I thought this game was amazing back when I first played it in 2008, but reading the books and playing the other games makes it clear that all the great things from Witcher 1 are things Sapkowski came up with while the makers of the game bungled and screwed up everything they touched.
>>
>>343490867
Fair enough, I personally enjoyed the first Witcher game for it's humor.
>>
I'm hesitant to say "the best" since it's quite heavily flawed with a lot of clunkiness, low production values etc. but it certainly was my favourite as well.
>>
>>343489473
DIE SHIT EATER!
>>
Still think 3 is the best. Fixed all the major flaws of the first two games, and went 100 steps beyond that.
>>
>>343491307
the sequels were dumbed down console shit with far clunkier gameplay, actual QTEs, terrible UI designs, and many other annoying crap.
>>
>>343491540
>sequels are clearly better in almost every respect
>BUT THEY'RE ON CONSOLES
>COOOONNNNSSOOOLLLLEEESSS
PC elitists are a silly sort.
>>
>>343489009
>The best Witcher game in the series
I think most people would say 3. The base game has its issues but the DLC is very well done. I really think if 2 had DLC it could've been on par with 3, maybe even better. The first game is the most flawed but the atmosphere as well as the music makes up for its flaws. To me, the first game was the best followed by the 2nd and then 3rd. However, by no means are any of the games bad. The witcher series might be one of the only trilogy's were you really can't say had a bad game.
>>
your mother sucks dwarf cock
>>
>>343489009
>>343489257
>>343490404
>>343491540
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that everyone who claims Witcher 1 is the best game in the series suffers from brain damage.
>>
I personally liked 1 the most, but at the same time I think 1 = 3 >> 2. Not sure what it was but I loathed 2, I don't think I had an ounce of fun while playing through it. I played it directly after playing 1, and I've read Last Wish and Sword of Destiny, so I was really excited but I guess something just felt off to me about it or didn't click. While I loved Witcher 1, the combat was easily one of its weakest points but even still I found Witcher 2's combat worse.
>>
I can't call you wrong as I have yet to play TW3.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.