[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong with pic related? just won a science victory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: beyond earth.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beyond earth.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
what went wrong with pic related? just won a science victory in civ 5 and it linked me to the store page for the game. but i heard its not that great
>>
It's a good game tbqh I don't understand the negative press
>>
Alpha Centauri is better despite being 15 years older.
>>
The gameplay was too simple. Only people with an IQ of 80 found it challenging enough to be fun.
>>
>>343483131
Basically this.
>>
>>343483998
It's literally the same complexity as regular civ 5
>>
Bampu
>>
>>343485871
And regular civ 5 is braindead compared to earlier civs.
>>
>>343485935
Civ 5 is a terrible game and no one should play it
>>
>>343485992
Yeah but then you'd have to play the older games.
>>
>>343483131
This but it's essentially the greatest example of its genre period. Back when AAA worked to fit more and more things into a game, not less.
>>
It's bad, just like CIV5.

It's just not a competently made bad game like CIV5 is, so the power fantasy of tooling around with your 3 cities while effortlessly beating off the idiotic AI with the terrible 1 unit per tile system while wondering who thought global happiness was a good idea as you fill your tourism buckets isn't quite as appealing to the average person who was too stupid to master CIV4.
>>
>>343486604
Civ 5 with BNW is decent though

The only cancerous thing is the production times. On epic it can take 10+ turns to build basic units like swordsmen.
>>
>>343485935
what do you mean by regular? as in vanilla?

because 4 is the worst Civ without xpacs
>>
>>343487309
Well that IS the long game setting.
>Shitting out units every turn on Quick
>>
File: 1465342644609.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1465342644609.png
7 KB, 420x420
>>343485992
I played Civs 3-5 all at launch and enjoyed all of them. I will enjoy Civ6 on launch and the again when they finish the X-packs
>>
>>343487309
I tended to play Civ 4 on Marathon and Civ 5 was way too fucking tedious for me.
>>
>>343487442
You're thinking of 3, the game that required you to luck into an early Great Leader if you wanted any sort of military victory.
>>
>>343481432
one thing is that theres no post game screen

you'd expect that once the game is over there'd be a breakdown of how everyone went but in BE it just gives you a "you won" or "you lost" screen and if you lose it doesnt tell you who won or how
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.