[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought this Command & Conquer game from some pawnshop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So I bought this Command & Conquer game from some pawnshop when I went out of town and when I came home to try it out it would give me an error message (cyclic redundancy check) and after doing some research, I found out that it means my disc is damaged in some way, I'm not too broken up about it since it cost a dollar, but is there some way to repair discs, and if so, is it worth or should I just pirate it?
>>
>>343478250
I don't think you can do much beyond buff scratches. the newer command and conquer collection is better but requires origin, it's only 20 bucks I think.

C&C1 and 2 and Red alert have been legal freeware forever.
>>
>>343478761
How do I go about buffing scratches though? I actually had the collection on my laptop but that disc broke so I but another one for my new computer, which also turned out to not work
>>
>>343479023
There are kits you can buy, Aleratec made a really good one but its hard to track down these days, it's the worth the investment if you do a lot of this kinda thing like me.

Otherwise there are some homemade techniques like using toothpaste

http://m.wikihow.com/Repair-a-CD-With-Toothpaste
>>
>>343480248
thanks, btw you mentioned that the first 2 and Red Alert are freeware? Do you know where I can find them? I'm not really trusting the sites google brings up
>>
>>343480370
EA use to host them but I'm guessing that's no longer the case

Not exactly sure, the freeware releases are literally just the disc images anyway, probably don't work on modern systems.
>>
>>343480853
That sucks, looks like I'm gonna have to bring out the old laptop if I wanna play them now
>>
>>343481090
If you want red alert 1 dune 2000 and command and conquer remastered for free just download openRA it's pretty good
>>
>>343481347
It's not quite finished but its getting there, can vouch for this.
>>
If the codes are still good, I think you can redeem them on Origin
>>
>>343483884
This did not work for me when I tried it.
>>
>>343485458
pretty sure they would change the codes considering you can find all of them in one google search
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.