[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm late to the party /v/ and only just bought this in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: mgsV.jpg (277 KB, 1400x764) Image search: [Google]
mgsV.jpg
277 KB, 1400x764
I'm late to the party /v/ and only just bought this in the summer sale.

You were right, for once. It is garbage. In your opinion, what went so very wrong?
>>
its alright
>>
Kojima hasn't made anything worthwhile since MGS3, simple as that, move on
>>
>>343476860
Kojima went wrong. Nigger lost his mind. Even if we ignore the repetitive missions, the awful story, the shit characters, the fact that game is worse than its own demo and the game that the gameplay was based on (peacewalker)... Fucking Kojima just had to put his name all over the goddamn place and even went so far as to put himself in the game. Who even does that? Fuck off, Hideo.
>>
>>343476860
"Open" world hubs limited to two particular settings with a lack of dynamic change in soldier placement, terrain destruction, and whatnot made this game boring very quickly.

Plus the multiplayer component was shit.
>>
>>343477753
PT
>>
File: venomsit.jpg (113 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
venomsit.jpg
113 KB, 1600x900
God damned fucking redditor trogs buying the looney ballooney game demo that got all the upboaties on r/games. This is why skyrim is being remastered and 2.5 good games come out a year.
>>
>it's another ''can /v/ craft an opinion for me, i'm incapable of having my own'' episode

It's my favourite.
>>
>>343478842
>Kojima went wrong. Nigger lost his mind. Even if we ignore the repetitive missions, the awful story, the shit characters, the fact that game is worse than its own demo and the game that the gameplay was based on (peacewalker)... Fucking Kojima just had to put his name all over the goddamn place and even went so far as to put himself in the game. Who even does that? Fuck off, Hideo.

Are you serious? Did he really put himself in the game?
>>
Kojima lost his co-writer
>>
>>343476860
The story that everyone had unrealistic hype for got muddled and confused. They ran out of time. Not a great time frame in the canon either. As a game it's fantastic but it doesn't have the same characteristics of the other MGS games.
>>
>>343476860
were you the one that was asking people if you should buy it a week or so ago?
We all fuckin warned you bro
>>
>>343476860
I'm actually very fond of open world as an exploration fag, but there's literally no purpose to the overworld as it is in this game. It's literally just corridors through rock = canyon with nothing to look at or discover.

Also, no mouse controls in the menu is a fucking gaffe.
>>
>>343478842
Skull face is a good character
>>
>>343480928
He was in Peacewalker. I don't remember him in V (he might have been a soldier you could get for your base) but rescuing him was the objective of one of the missions in GZ.
>>
>>343483254
How on fuck is Skull Face a good character?
>>
>>343479936
He said he thought it was bad. Nice one kiddo
>>
>>343483254
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>343483254
Shitty VA, shitty motivation, shitty design.

Honestly son, you better have a good reasoning behind liking this fucking disaster of a character.
>>
File: 1461168308869.jpg (80 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
1461168308869.jpg
80 KB, 640x539
>>343483254
>>
>>343483380
>>343480928
Yes. He was in both gz and tpp. Tpp version has him wearing his dumb glasses that also got a mention in the game.

You don't destroy the fourth wall to put yourself into things. He's completely full of himself despite none of his ideas nor creations being his own.
>>
>>343484185
>despite none of his ideas nor creations being his own
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>343476860
It made little to no attempt to feel like a Metal Gear game.

The open world was divided by linear canyons with nothing to explore.
Little to no level design just the same few empty buildings and tents.
Few missions were unique. It's like the game was developed using Bethesda's radiant quests.
Game requires player to Fulton hundreds of guards to develop new equipment that you won't use because you must Fulton more guards for higher level equipment.
Children steal Pequod and MGSalanthropus and Venom just goes back to doing repeat missions
>>
>>343476860
Lack of features. Game needed more cool shit

>Patrols and battling squads/factions
>Ability to control your copter or at least have a gunner or be able to rappel out of it
>Drab level design
>Limited sneaking opportunities
>Animals aren't as interesting as MGS3 i.e. can't use them to scare guards, can't get bonuses for eating them, can't use them to lure/attract guards
>Buddies mostly for assault and tracking purposes. There's no real stealth options with them besides D.D.'s bark/distract
>Bosses were mediocre. Old MGS bosses had a lot of neat gimmicks and alternate ways to beat them while making it 1v1 faggut. V's bosses are escaping from a fire guy, a little kid, a giant robot that looks dumb and has some tedious attacks, bullet sponge Skulls and some sniper skulls which are actually good
>no sense of verticality. Rock climbing is highly underutilized, no piping or rock climbing of the larger bases
>Dumb AI. They should chase you in cars and helicopters and tanks. Bad guys should try and flank you and work together.
>Pay wall and MB hording/gathering/grinding.
>>
>>343484408
He stole plenty of elements from his favorite movies to put them together in his games.
>>
>>343486750
Everything is influenced by other things. I thought you mean he didn't have anything to do with the games.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.