[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for people that have played nintendo remakes (zelda,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1463951795531.jpg (109 KB, 697x938) Image search: [Google]
1463951795531.jpg
109 KB, 697x938
Question for people that have played nintendo remakes (zelda, mario 64, starfox, and so on and so forth).

Do Nintendo fuck with the source game a lot? Did star fox have new memes added in to make it appeal to a new generation? Did they fuck a lot with the original Mario 64? What about the zelda 64 remasters? and the TP/WW ones?

I'm asking because a lot of people are currently talking about, and trying to get, a TTYD remaster. I'm just wondering, why? Why let current nintedo fuck with or add things to the original game that don't belong there? Why not just play the HD texture pack version on dolphin, where it'll look and run better?
>>
Depends on the game. Star fox was more or less a direct port with better graphics, the Zelda remakes include some new items to make the games fit better on their new system, and the Mario 64 remake is more or less a complete revamp with new playable characters, levels, and features
>>
Mario 64 and Majoras mask got more radical changed that either make the game better or worse than the originals.
>>
>>343472835
>>343473280
How about dialogue and memes? I just have an awful feeling that if they did a TTYD remake they'd add in a bunch of memes through relocalization at treehouse. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
>>
there's no need to play remakes. the originals are ALWAYS better.
>>
>>343473561
The only stuff that was changed dialog-wise was what was needed for the other changes. If they remade ttyd I can't imagine them making a ton of dialog changes. Especially just to add memes
>>
>>343473561
Treehouse didn't go full meme mode until a few years ago. Anything released before that is safe, anything after not so much.
>>
File: 178565344223.png (263 KB, 520x377) Image search: [Google]
178565344223.png
263 KB, 520x377
>>343471549
Is this some sort of shitty bait thread just to talk about how /v/ hates NoA because "muh censorship"?
>>
Nah most remakes Nintendo do are just graphical overhauls with some added optional tutorial stuff. I they do do a revamp of ttyd it'll probably be fine
The worst thing they've done recently is butcher translations trying to make it work better for a western audience like in fates
>>
They can and do improve what they want regardless of what you or I think. What does it matter the original always still exists so go play that, we're only getting more content that you don't need to play.
>>
>>343473996
no? how does it even appear that way? i'm asking if they fucked with classic games when they remade them, because i've never played any of the remakes and there's a lot of talk about ttyd being remade.
>>
>>343474216
i mean, if you read the OP that's what I said. the original TTYD has an HD texture pack now and it runs better on dolphin than it does on an original gamecube, so i'm just wondering why people want it when it could potentially get fucked with
>>
>>343471549
I'm sure Ninty of Europe will do a fine job.
You're only at a loss if you live in NA.
Or if your European game contains work by NoA.
>>
>>343471549
>Did they fuck a lot with the original Mario 64?
Yes, plenty.
>>
>>343471549
Anything added to Zelda or Mario was an improvement but I haven played Starfox
>>
>>343474340
Nah op nothing like that ha happened, the closest thing I can think of like that is in the starfox remake where they slightly changed some dialogue.

The meme shit your talking about is mostly through recent NoA translation fuck-ups.
Most Nintendo remakes are almost entirely cosmetic ones
If they did remake ttyd I can't imagine them changing much dualogue
>>
File: 1464994989212.gif (1021 KB, 421x389) Image search: [Google]
1464994989212.gif
1021 KB, 421x389
>>343471549
I kinda see what your point is. Nintendo is pretty good with its remakes.

Mario 64 DS
>added 3 more characters
>added more stars
>updated some enemies' models so they resemble the current designs
>added tons of Download Play minigames a lot of people unironically enjoyed
The controls might have been shit with an 8-direction pad for a 3D platformer, but it's not the devs' fault.

Kirby SuperStar Ultra
>way better art direction
>Download Play full-game multiplayer
>added more chapters
>added a fucking insane True Arena

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver
>great art direction; best Pokémon sprites so far
>excellent music remakes and also let you play the game with the retro music
>kept Kanto in
>added tons of post-story legendaries
>had the fucking Battle Frontier

Other Nintendo remakes, I haven't played them. Star Fox Zero is pretty much a Star Fox 64 remake and apparently the only thing stopping it from being fucking amazing are the gyro controls.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.