[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About a month ago my fiancee (then girlfriend) and I decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: WP_20160604_002.jpg (888 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160604_002.jpg
888 KB, 1520x2688
About a month ago my fiancee (then girlfriend) and I decided we wanted to get married. Since then, she has expressed disapproval about how much I play video games, which was never an issue before. Last week, she even told me that I need to think about selling my video game collection to make room for her to move in once we officially get married. She even went so far as to look up the prices for a lot of my games on Amazon and tell me I'm dumb for hanging on to "toys" that amount to thousands of dollars.

I only play video games for a couple of hours a day and hold a full time job at a lab. A lot of these video games were gifts from my parents as a child and hold a lot of sentimental value, which I told her. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm afraid telling her no will make her think twice about the marriage. What should I do?

Pic related is a good part of my collection.
>>
>>343469061
i know it sounds silly now anon, but take this as an indication of the future of your relationship. if she doesn't like a hobby of yours, even if you think you can handle giving that up, you'll probably end up resenting her at some point because she seems like a controlling type.

it's one of the reasons why i was completely up front that i am forever a turbo nerd to my girlfriend, who has happily enough, embraced the culture.
>>
1. normie reeeeee get out
2. don't be a pussy and keep those games
>>
I'll buy your collection for 1/10 the value all together right now.
Otherwise just tell her that video games are no more a child's hobby than however much time she spends on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube and it's a hell of a lot better too. Also tell her that you're a fucking adult with a job and if you want to play video games you can and will. You can't let someone throw all your shit out just because they think it's childish because her mentality is a lot more childish.
>>
File: 1414354407793.gif (49 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1414354407793.gif
49 KB, 128x128
>>343469061

>he fell for the golddigger meme
>>
If you cave on this now, better be prepared for the day you have to "prep the bull".
>>
>>343469061
Old pasta
>>
you're a faggot
find a new fiancee you spineless fuck
>>
>>343469061
Tell her no, if she forces you to give up shit she's gonna do that the rest of your life. And if it come down to her moving out, be happy, she was a bitch anyway
>>
You are very lucky she revealed her true nature before you tied the knot, assuming this isn't a troll.
>>
>>343469508
Is it? Good, no one should be this beta.
>>
>>343469061
fuck that keep your games.
>>
Dude never change for a lady unless you're beating her or cheating on her

Honestly that sounds kind of self-centered of her man
>>
>>343469061
There's only one way to win this scenario.

See, cuz if you get rid of your collection, then you're a spineless, pussy-whipped man-child who succumbed to her demands and she will always see you as weak.

So you gotta say, bitch, I do what I please, you don't like? Hit the road. Obviously don't use those exact words, but that's the only stance where you come out on top.

Women are always trying to change their man, it's in their DNA to do that. You gotta be a man, and tell her what's up.
>>
>>343469061
Pasta, but for any NORMIE reading, if you change now you'll just be expected to change everything until you get bitter and then she cheats on you.
Tell her hell no now.
>>
File: IMG_3675.png (284 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3675.png
284 KB, 600x558
>>343469061
I feel this is pasta.

Either way if your future wife moves in she will have a closet or several drawers filled with more clothes than you have video games. Also her clothes and shoes will be way more expensive than your video games.
>>
My wife embraces everything I do to the point of annoyance. She insists I buy new games and graphics cards the moment they come out because she wants me to have the newest and best things.

You have to take their faults and strive to be best you can be. People here will tell you to leave her, but if you truly love her you will find a way to make it work. Just because she wants you to give up a hobby doesn't mean you're going to be prepping the bull, but you also shouldn't give up a hobby because she says to.

It's all about finding a fair middle, perhaps tone down on the vidya, as long as she agrees to giving you a decent amount of time per week to be by yourself and enjoy what you do have.

Talk to her and find a way.
>>
You'll get tired of her after a year, the rest of a marriage is then about coexistence, not love, it's not worth it, just find another girl that can be your friend later down the line since you two will lose your spark not even halfway in
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.