[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to scratch my MMO itch. I haven't kept up at all.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: skyforge.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1060) Image search: [Google]
skyforge.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1060
I need to scratch my MMO itch.

I haven't kept up at all.
Is skyforge any good? It looks pretty.

Recommend me anything though
>>
>>343460503
Only good MMOs right now are Final Fantasy XIV and The Secret World, and they are both themeparks.

Black Desert is the only alright sandbox to an extent, but the classes are gender-locked, and you need to pay for anything that makes you unique (Armor in the game doesn't change your appearance, only microtransaction costumes do, need to pay for pets, and home items.) Also it
is a grindfest. It is also a general rule to avoid Korean games.
>>
>>343460503
There's nothing.
Last year there were so many mmo's i was hyped for
black desert online and tree of savior ended up being shit

nothing satisfies me anymore

since you ask about skyforge, i thought it was kinda cool, but repeating same dungeons over and over again gets tiring. also you gotta grind a lot to unlock classes.
>>
>>343460503
It's garbage. Also there's a system in place where you'll never be able to reach the top players (the ones playing from day 1). Even if you pay an absurd amount of real money

Customer supp is trash and have been scamming people for more than a year, refusing to refund for example
>>
Elders scrolls online is fun if you have people to play with. Either way it's pretty comfy.
>>
>>343462107
This. I'm waiting on player housing to come out in the fall.
>>
>>343461859
Explain this system, anon?

But it still looks like a good dress-up simulator.
>>
>>343462381

there's a weekly cap on gems you can earn
>>
Current GW2 after expansion and everything is pretty decent. It's not as much of a Zerg fest and there are a lot of things to do to keep you entertained for a few weeks as a free player until you decide to buy the expansion or not
>>
There are a few decent WoW private servers from before it became completely shit.
>>
Warcraft: Legion PTR. New talent trees and specs are working with the exception of Demon Hunter. I only recommend it because it's free.
>>
Ffxiv is the mmo for me at the moment. It's got really solid gameplay and a bunch of awesome quality of life design choices. The biggest issue is the player base which, while generally being nice, is bad. Also don't bother with the ps4 version, you will just drag others down.
>>
>>343462381
You collect "gems" to unlock nodes on a sphere grid. They're given as end-of-mission rewards, or randomly drop. There's a cap as to how many gems you can get, resets and increases every week. For example, you'll be able to collect 2k of each color gem (red, blue, green) and next week it'll be increased to 4k.
Those aren't exact numbers, but it upsets alot of people. And any unused cap rolls over. So if you don't play for a week where you have a 2k cap, the next week will be increased to 4k AND the 2k cap of the previous week will be available.

A fun game though, I had played it during beta and dropped it because of other games. Came back two weeks ago with INSANE cap limit and they have catch-up bonuses and pickup bonuses on weekends.

Another thing that freaks people out is having the one character that swaps classes. So you create your look and as you go around the sphere grid unlocking new classes you can just hotswap between them.
I enjoy being able to be dps and swapping to paladin whenever I need to be a tanky fuck. But some people want to have multiple separate characters.
>>
File: 4L_jkv2s88l.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4L_jkv2s88l.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>343460503
Play FFXIV for 2-3 months hntil you beat the story and you are done, you'll get your money's worth and your itch scratched
>>
>>343462107
>>343462161
Yes ESO is great! We have a general on /vg/
>>
Planetside 2 is fun...

NC here, where my freedom lovin' blueberries at?
>>
How's albion online? It looks pw2 as fuck, especially with the different starter packs you can buy but I like the crafting and non combat stuff
>>
>>343465331
>That shout chat
>>
>>343462107
This.
I have played many mmos over the years(including wow and ffxiv) and this is the one that kept my interest. If you like a mmo with great rpg elements this is the way to go
>>
>>343465331
Live free, brother.
>>
Maybe not relevant for you but I managed to scratch my MMO-itch by buying and playing Street Fighter V. It's pretty fun even though I'm very new to it.
>>
GW 2 is fun
>>
>>343460503
Anarchy Online is still the best MMO running (currently celebrating their 15 year anniversary as we speak). but the playerbase is so low that if you are logging in during NA times and are below max level you will be playing alone.
>>
>>343460503
I play a lot of mmos and sky forge was way over hyped from /v/. It's boring, changing specs/classes takes forever, the game play is pretty bland, and the levelling up process is not fun.

I would recovery either vindictus or tera. Personally, I would forego current tera because it is terrible optimized and has been introducing a lot of gender and race locked classes. Vindictus is fun, but very easy and heavily instances. You will probably never quest/level up with another player outside of a few dungeons, and if you do, they will be very high level and sap all the fun out of it.
>>
>>343460503
FFXIV is worth checking out, the game is currently going through its "burning crusade" phase.
>>
Legion is shit, Wildstar is dead, Black Desert Online is a bot fest, and Heavensward gets updated too slow.
>>
>>343460503
Skyforge is neat. Closer to PSO than an MMO though. No healer class, hardish encounters. Probably the top 2 in the genre right now for raiding. Pro tip: make an account now, and then if you ever decide to come back to it later, you'll still have a bunch of shards when you come back. I haven't played since launch but I have plenty of shit to unlock characters with.
>>
File: 1456942813691.png (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456942813691.png
23 KB, 640x480
>>343465331
>Selling your soul to corporations is freedom
At least we don't die believing an outright lie in the Republics
>>
File: gw2peg.jpg (281 KB, 1124x1544) Image search: [Google]
gw2peg.jpg
281 KB, 1124x1544
GW2 is alright if you didn't play and enjoy GW1. WvWvW is dead
>>
>>343460503
This game was great on release but as you probably know, it's made by Allods Team which means it's got ridiculous p2w elements and extortionate micro transactions that are a necessity to be competitive. Stopped playing about about 2 months after release because I knew where it was heading after experiencing the same thing in Allods online. Such a shame too, both games are pretty damn good
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.