[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: DiddyKongRacingDS.jpg (104 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
DiddyKongRacingDS.jpg
104 KB, 960x720
What went wrong?
>>
>>343457331
It's a piss poor port.

Also, where the fuck is my sequel? DKR is literally the GOAT kart racer.
>>
It fucked blowed
>>
>>343457504
Wait for Playtonic to make Yooka Laylee Racing next.
>>
>>343457789
More appropriately, it'd probably be Yooka-Laylee Pilot

and suck
>>
hows the n64 one?
>>
>>343457331
Tiptup best racer.
>>
>>343457331
>Removing Pirate Lagoon

David I love you man but why?
>>
>>343457789
would kickstart
>>
>>343457331
>extra levels that look and play great
>create-a-level
>random Rarefaggots replaced by actual DK-related characters
I don't know what went wrong. It's one of my favorite DS games, even considering I beat the original.
>>
>>343459278
handling is worse than dkr (hovercraft being almost unplayable) , useless tuning system, awful touch minigames, you have to do stupid shit to get a boost at the beginning, worse music, no tech besides abr sliding, even more unbalanced than dkr.
It's an awful port and makes the original look bad.
>>
>>343460242
>worse music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EXURv4SuU
The original compositions are actually great.
>>
>>343459278
>random Rarefaggots
You mean the characters that grew into their own roles and series instead of being reduced to party and sports fodder?
>>
>>343457331
the roster
the music
censored taj
>>
>>343457504
crash team racing GOAT kart racer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqBegMRdRTg
>>
>>343460501
Yes.
>yfw it could've been Timber-Kazooie and Pipsy's Bad Fur Day and nothing would be different
The games are classics, but the characters themselves are all really generic garbage.
>>
>>343460680
Are CTRfags the most annoying Kartfags around?
>>
>>343460660
>censored taj
The voice acting in general was shitty in the DS version
>>
>>343459217

IDZ HABBEDING
>>
>>343457331
>no analog
>nerfed diffuculty
>>
>>343460392
they aren't bad, but they dont feel right for dkr.
same thing happens with gba dkc3 imo
>>
>>343461034
Plus in that case, you're talking about horrid GBA sound.
>>
>>343460748
And yet they still went on to star in memorable games and become memorable characters. And funny you mention Pipsy and Timber, they were actually gonna appear in their own games. Diddy Kong Racing was the platform for Rare to jumpstart their new IP's.
>>
>>343460803
They're the meleefags of Kart-Racers
I like CTR, but DKR is better on everything else (CTR beats it on Tech & Track Desing)
>>
It would have been the better version if they didn't botch the hovercraft controls and make the second races against the bosses touch controlled.
>>
>>343457952
Fun as fuck. What a great game.
>>
>>343460687
Will Fitz ever come back
>>
>>343461887
_______________________No___________________
>>
>changed sound effect for raghag elephant

i dropped it right then and there
>>
They changed Taj's voice to that of a pedophile.
>>
>>343457789

Nintendo should have Playtonic develop the DKR sequel.
>>
>>343460803
Pretty much. Some friends of mine still glorify it over Mario Kart although CTR hasn't aged so well in contrary with MK64. Not to mention that most CTR stages are shameful rip-offs from MK64.
>>
>>343460937
That didn't stopped Mario Kart DS from being awesome.
>>
What was the hovercraft even good for? I recall that if you "did something right?" with them they'd have a windstream coming out of its fan and that for some reason, Krunch is really great with them. Similarly, planes. I recall the windmill stage + planes = 90% of the map in boost if you got good boosting.
>>
CTR > DKR > SSART > DOGSHIT > MK
This is the objectively true
>>
>>343464951
All-Terrain Speed
If you wanna get more complex, Hovercraft is the most difficult vehicle in the game to master, Snaking+Timed A-Tapping is not an easy task.
>>
>>343465305

So basically, since Krunch has the best top speed/handling ratio, he's really good with the hovercraft since he can use his good handling for snaking whereas everyone is awkwardly gimped?
>>
>>343457331
Is it true that in the N64 game you can unlock Drumstick just by plugging in four controllers to the system?
>>
File: Wizpig.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Wizpig.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
What the hell was his problem?
>>
>>343461430
well melee and ctr are the vastly superior games in every way that isn't fluff. substance >style, melee>smash 4, and ctr>all other kart racers.
>>
>>343465505
He gets slightly better, but not good overall.
T.T and Drumstick still dominates the game
>>
File: JUST.png (90 KB, 250x324) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
90 KB, 250x324
>>
>>343467394
His voice in the N64 version was so perfect

Also, apparently his initial stands for "Time Trial?" That's such a stupid name for a character. When I was little I always thought it stood for "Tick Tock."
>>
>>343468631
His name is actually Tick Tock
>>
>>343468631
It's tick tock. Or was, maybe it's retconned for the sound Muslims make.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.