[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when you had to actually walk to instances, even if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: scarlet mon.jpg (34 KB, 580x267) Image search: [Google]
scarlet mon.jpg
34 KB, 580x267
Remember when you had to actually walk to instances, even if they were on the opposite side of the world in enemy territory?

Why, it took almost an hour to get there, not including the Horde players trying to start trouble with you.

Then you had to run the instance, which was a pain in and of itself. The mobs were packed tighter than a can of sardines. If you're lucky, you might've made it through with some crowd control and pulling techniques. Then when it was all said and done, the item that you needed never dropped. It just never did, fifteen runs of it and you still never got em. Either that, or you had to roll for it. I never was good at rolling.

I miss those times.
>>
File: 1464633794806.png (33 KB, 281x355) Image search: [Google]
1464633794806.png
33 KB, 281x355
>>343456573

>You'll never spend ages trying to put together a complete group
>You'll never add each other because you worked great together, and call upon each other for future dungeons
>Your server will never have a list of known Needers who need every drop, and get avoided by all the players
>>
Rip nost
You were great, even tho you had chinks.
Godbless,

Last time i had that much fun playing wow was in 2006.
>>
The players and devs judged that it wasn't a good use of your time so they removed that entire part.
All people want now is to repeat the same content every day as fast as possible, they don't care about the adventures they could have had on the way to the entrance, getting killed by an opposite faction player is almost seen as griefing.

It's sad.
>>
>>343456747

Nothing like sending a whisper to a buddy to see if he's up for an instance run. Two competent people in an instance was all it took to really ensure a decent chance of getting to the end.
>>
>>343456573
Casuals happened.
>>
>>343459519

>play wow
>like to read quests
>get kicked from group cuz I wanted to read quest
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_032506_115703.jpg (116 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_032506_115703.jpg
116 KB, 800x600
>>343456747
>You will never run on foot to SM every again with your party
>>
>>343456573
>nothing like pointless tedium
>nothing like spending the same amount of time to do a dungeon as it would take to outlevel the dungeon in the first place
>>
>>343460074

Hey man, I really needed that whirlwind axe for my Night Elf Hunter.
>>
>>343456573
yup, some of my best memories are from running through enemy territories to get to an instance with friends or even random people you picked up in general chat who needed to go there too.
>>
Played an undead engineer mage from vanilla to TBC, hearthstone set to burning steppes for MC/BWL access, can teleport anywhere, had gnomish teleporter to Tanaris.

I'd get anywhere within a few minutes, then spend hours making water/food for party members.

Good times.
>>
I think the only reason we went to MC and BRD was the promise of loot and glory, I know every friday was a high because I might get a new weapon. Still I think pvp was the best. Being on vent with premades, guild vs guild, drama and garbage and laughs as I grinded to r14 and before every fight you'd get hype because you knew each of your opponents. Down to playstyle and even personality at times.
>>
File: wot.jpg (31 KB, 224x213) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
31 KB, 224x213
>played in wotlk
>never got to experience vanilla/tbc or any other expansion
>can't relate with everyone in this friend
>mfw
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.