[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pros/Cons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: StarOceanV.jpg (64 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
StarOceanV.jpg
64 KB, 300x200
Pros/Cons?
>>
anything to say about this game at all?
>>
Going by reviews, combat and related systems are solid, the rest of the game is allover the place.
>>
>>343454918
pros
The visuals are alot better then i thought they were probably the best since 2
Music is ofc great
Welch is great
Framerate is great and having all 7 people on screen is great
Crafting being back was nice
Finding portals in the map to give super challenges are great aswell.
Enjoy the combat

Cons
Fidels outfit is far too futreistic in a town thats supposed to be undercivilised
I miss blindside
The map is automatically explored meaning we cant explore it and get bonuses for exploring 100% of a map
Welch is not playable
Story is just rubbish so far its nowhere near as good as 2 (i dont think the series will ever be as good as 2) but so far its not as good as 3 either cause fidel isnt the focus of the game its just some dumb amnesia girl.
Meet the party too quickly 6 hours in and ive met all 7 of the cast already would prefer exploring more and seeing the cast more.
Not as long as the other games
>>
>>343456982
but im really enjoying the game so far would still be playing it now but friends came round so played overwatch instead
>>
>>343454918
>Cons
>It's Star Ocean
>>
>>343456982
>Meet the party too quickly 6 hours in and ive met all 7 of the cast already
>prefer exploring more and seeing the cast more.
Wait. If you got the entire party later in the game, wouldn't that mean that you would see less of the cast? Either way, that is the most arbitrary con I've seen about this game.
>>
>>343456982

Sounds like I will enjoy the game. My first game was Last Hope and bad stories aren't a big deal to me.
>>
File: CmPqXRyUMAAnN-U.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CmPqXRyUMAAnN-U.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
>>343454918
WORTH
EVERY
PENNY
>>
>>343457875
how well are the HD panties detailed?
>>
>>343457278
its more about there not being any extra/secret characters like welch for example. And other star ocean games limit the maxiumum characters you can recruite meaning you need multiple playthroughs to recuite other characters and get to know their viewpoints etc.

Cause this game really wants to recapture star ocean 3 by the time i was 6 hours in i think i had only met 4 characters but i got a pretty good grasp on who fayt was and cliff and really liked that duo. Before the dumb twist i do think 3 has a pretty good direction.

I dont have a problem with SO5 but it defo has problems that hinder it compared to some of the other games. Each star ocean has it's problems though

Leveling doesnt seem to add any skills. They're learned only through finding tomes. Sucks for those who grind and want to get some of the skills only
>>
>>343456982
>The map is automatically explored meaning we cant explore it and get bonuses for exploring 100% of a map
that exploration part was super fucking autsitic, you had to run into the very edge of the map like retard
>>
File: LOLIBUTT.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LOLIBUTT.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
>>343458792
HD panties?

mfw even the loli's butt has jiggle physics... lul
>>
>>343460162
How are the map designs for the dungeons and fields? Are they a step above SO4?
>>
>>343460417
not seen dungeons yet but the fields are similar to SO4 but theres alot more open space in fields.

Theres also like additional skills but there more about finding extra items exp and fol. These are like mining, herbing and fishing. There indicated only by a color but they give something extra to look out for ontop of enemies while exploring the overworld
>>
I still gotta play 3, how is this compared to 2? I loved 2.
>>
File: 1467334073834.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467334073834.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
Look at this big pro right here.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.