[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post ITT unpopular video game opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: image2.jpg (212 KB, 882x900) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
212 KB, 882x900
Post ITT unpopular video game opinions
>>
best 2D mario is 2/USA
best Zelda is Wind Waker
>>
>>343454079
>windwaker
>unpopular opinion
that's TP or SS familia
>>
Alien > Alien 3 > Aliens >>>>>> Alien Resurrection
>>
>>343455021
Alien>Aliens>>>Alien Resurrection>Alien 3
>>
competitive modes ruin the fun of good games because they turn everyone into a tryhard
>>
I like DLC in some cases i think its a good way for developers to add further content on an already finished game.

especially if its good bundles like the mario kart 8 pack.
>>
>>343453729
I unironically enjoy DSP's reviews
>>
Mario 64 is tough as shit
>>
File: 692.jpg (189 KB, 588x393) Image search: [Google]
692.jpg
189 KB, 588x393
>>343453729
>The Legend of Spyro was good
>Dust: An Elysian Tail was a fun game
>Wind Waker was Boring
>Tf2 Is still fun after all these years
>Story>Graphics
>Elora x Hunter > Bianca x Hunter
>>
>>343455526
Literally who are you quoting?
>>
>>343455460

only part I ever found truly nightmarish was anything involving walljumping but that's just because I'm godawful at that in games in general and can never get the hang of it. Even after I learn it I tend to lose that ability as soon as I start it up again.
>>
>>343453729
I have no issues with DLC as long as the game is already able to stand up on its own.
I enjoy Fates' localization
I have fun with video games
>>
>>343453729
There is nothing wrong with Bed of Chaos

Birth by Sleep is a shit game
>>
>>343453729
Bioshock 2 is better than Bioshock.
>>
File: Peppy.png (458 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
Peppy.png
458 KB, 436x436
Pokemon hasn't been good since gen 2, and only subpar since gen 3.

Nintendo should just discontinue WiiU now and get it over with, it's a disgrace.

Zelda 2 is the best Zelda game, and any Zelda with a control gimmick (DS titles, Wii titles) is absolute unsalvageable garbo.

Dark souls and monhun aren't hard or challenging, they're just poorly designed and the difficulty comes from the bad design. That's artificial difficulty, and I dont care if that phrase makes you cringe because its true. The community for both are complete circle jerking, circular logic defending ass.

JRPG's suck ass now, and honestly are just waifushit pandering. They have nowhere near the depth of creativity that went into the older titles. No it's not nostalgia goggles either no matter what you say. It's become a streamlined genre to be sold to pathetic faggots that jerk off to their characters, not made out of love or creativity. Even when the games have some shining attribute to them, it's ALWAYS at the cost of something else sucking. Like if the story is good, the combat, enemies, area design, and music selection suffer and are shit.

Starfox snes>64
>>
Dark Souls 3 is the worst entry in souls, even worse than DaS2
Atelier Sophie is the second best atelier game, and all of the Arland games are massively overrated by nostalgia.
The Monster Hunter series is outdated and archaic as shit, and could be massively improved by touching up and modernizing it.
Mainline Pokemon is a scam.
MOBAs aren't inherently bad, the assfaggots shitposting comes from millennial memers who've never played it or salty rts babs who don't understand why their scene actually died.
>>
FPS is the most boring genre of game.
>>
>>343453729
Uncharted is actually a good series.
>>
>>343456380
>That's artificial difficulty, and I dont care if that phrase makes you cringe because its true.
That isn't artificial difficulty no matter how you try to put it. Like it's not even close to the proper definition, and those games aren't difficulty to begin with.

You also clearly don't play many modern JRPGs. Your opinions are unpopular for a reason.
>>
>>343456657
>monhun
>controls like shit
>Gives the monsters more mobility than the player
>makes player mechanics suffer so you have to wait for opening rather than creating them with skill

Yes there are more openings and ways to manipulate the monsters than the average player sees, I understand that as I played 3U and tri in depth. That said though, the abilities at hand given to the player and the abilities of the monsters are like they're from 2 different games, the design completely clashes and feels out of place. That is not good game design, and figuring out how to get around bad game design doesn't make you good, it just means you're willing to sit and deal with bullshit that no one should have to deal with in a properly made game. It's LAZY DESIGN.

Let me reiterate that immediately so you get it, it's LAZY DESIGN.
>>
Dark Souls 2 improved upon Dark Souls 1 in many aspects, and is a far underrated game. Sure, they fucked up online matchmaking, and the map layout is screwy (yes, I know about Iron Keep). But the variety of locales and the enormous SCOPE of the environments more than made up for it. Plus, everyone forgets that the entire second half of Dark Souls 1 kind of sucked.

From a gameplay perspective, Pokemon isn't very fun. I do not enjoy playing it and have zero interest in the series as a whole. Trust me, I tried.

Ocarina of Time is the most overrated game in history. I can't get over the fact that the size of the playable world is fucking TINY. It also runs like absolute shit, even for the day. I had just purchased Half-Life back in 1998 and was playing it at 60 FPS, so switching to Ocarina of Time's 20 FPS was something I could never get over.

Competitive arena shooters are the truest test of video gaming skill. Period. A close second is 1CC'ing a bunch of difficult shmups.
>>
>>343453729
Aim assist isn't that bad on consoles, controllers have too small a design to be accurate and any match that isn't instagib or something similar would be painfully slow without it.
>>
>>343455861
That's the general consensus around here anyway.

>Overall Story
Bioshock > Bioshock 2

>Overall Gameplay
Bioshock < Bioshock 2
>>
>>343453729
I like having fun
>>
I hate the main Pokemon series.
I hate the blinded fanboys on /vp/ that defend everything Game Freak does.
>>
>>343455526
Wild guess here, you're a furry/brony
>>
>>343453729
Walking simulators are not games and should not be regarded as games
>>
Every other Zelda not listed > Zelda II = SS > ALttP > every Toon Link game

No real point in elaborating beyond that, this summarizes the unpopular part.
>>
File: 1431202535192.png (233 KB, 541x582) Image search: [Google]
1431202535192.png
233 KB, 541x582
>>343453729
Criminal Girls was a decent game despite the crappy port NISA did.
>>
I stopped caring about graphical improvements back in the 6th gen with games like Silent Hill 3 and Metroid Prime 2. I can't think of a game that has wowed me on a technical level since because I just don't care anymore. Artstyle is another matter entirely but in terms of tech, I haven't cared about games pushing the limits of platforms in years.
>>
>>343455204
This is the correct order, good job anon
>>
>>343456635
>uncharted
>good
This is unpopular opinions.
though we both know uncharted is still pretty good.
>>
The Crash Bandicoot original trilogy are all solid games
>>
Pokemon stopped being interesting after the 2nd gen, I can't believe how people are willing to shit on games like Assassins Creed or CoD saying that they are all the same game when Pokemon has been doing that shit since 1996, the games are a terribly bland JRPG with a shit story and a shit combat (it's bad even for jrpg standards) and don't even try to defend it with the whole "Super deep competitive" side of the game because that is just pure autism.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.