[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I beat Deus-Ex early this morning before going to bed, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: deus ex.jpg (125 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
deus ex.jpg
125 KB, 362x450
So I beat Deus-Ex early this morning before going to bed, and I absolutely loved it.

I have to be honest, I am usually not into the whole "Sure the gameplay isn't amazing but the story and atmosphere make up for it" type games, but after putting up with the first two missions and becoming used to some of the game's quirks I became instantly hooked and now I consider it one of the best games ever made.

I feel after I beat this game I am going to be hard-pressed to find any other game with as much meaning and with as much attention to detail.

What other games should I play /v/? Games with lots of "richness" I suppose?
>>
>>343452336
Bloodlines, trust me
but make sure you have community patches
>>
>>343452336
thief 1 and 2
system shock 1 and 2

>>343452801
and this
>>
>>343452336
Human revolution is quite good
>>
I'm willing to say Invisible War has better plot.
>>
>>343452876

I have played these games I don't consider them anywhere near as good as Deus Ex. Thief 2 is pretty good as a stealth game. I never liked the System Shock series for how clunky everything this. Deus Ex can be a little clunky but the world and the plot sucks you in so much you don't even notice it.

>>343452801
>>343452948

Was planning on playing these, I played Bloodlines before and I didn't really like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme going on and I didn't understand the mechanics but now that I beat Deus Ex I think I will appreciate it more.
>>
File: deus_ex_shower.webm (3 MB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
deus_ex_shower.webm
3 MB, 638x360
>>343452336
don't worry you will replay it every year
>>
>>343453332

I already spoiled myself on the ending for that game and the fact JC Denton is the badguy is dumb as shit.
>>
>>343452336
Deus Ex is all about the gameplay you flaming homo. It wouldn't be half the game it is as a linear corridor shooter.
>>
>>343453421
if you're not affraid of walls of text try out Planescape
>>
>>343453450

How the fuck do you get up that high? I never even noticed you could jump in from the roof.

I basically just found the secret door entrance while fucking around the room and killed everyone in it. It's not so secret when you can hear shitloads of computer buzzing coming from the other side of the wall.
>>
>>343453705
JC is not a bad guy, but it is possible to kill him. Some of the factions you can join might request you to do it, or you can make that decision yourself.

Also, you're dumb.
>>
i love the level designs

fuck who knew that there was a lab that had the sword in that chinks apartment and how shady she was when you visited

its been a few years and i played drunk so i'm sure someone can help me out here
>>
>>343453902

it would be fucking dogshit if it was linear, because the gameplay is really a mangled mess of bad AI, experimental RPG/FPS shooting, and barebones stealth.

It's the level design and all the options the game gives you that makes it fun to play. And then they go levels beyond by hiding so much little content that explains the game's world and the questions the game asks about the future of technology and such.

It's not the basic plot of the game that impressed me as much as how much little detail was inside the plot.
>>
>>343454258
It blew my mind when I found a huge fucking MJ12 base in the sewers of New York in the beginning of the game and there's a bunch of dead MJ12 soldiers lying around
>>
I sure hope you saved Paul, OP.
>>
File: johnson-thumb.jpg (180 KB, 550x370) Image search: [Google]
johnson-thumb.jpg
180 KB, 550x370
>>343454102

No, you're dumb. It was a mistake to even include JC Denton in the sequel because of multiple endings of the first game.

They had to retcon that JC made all 3 choices at the end instead of 1 choice, and it's just fucking dumb.

Also how is he NOT being bad? Helios seems morally ambiguous until you have the conversation with the AI inside Everett's apartment. Then an AI capable of such things seems a lot more totalitarian than it seems. And JC is the Helios Half-God in the sequel. So the game is forcing you to accept that your decision in the first game doesn't mean fucking jack shit.

What they should have done is make a Deus Ex sequel that either has nothing to do with JC Denton or put it in a different universe altogether.
>>
>>343454974
Yeah, that's like, your opinion... man.
>>
>>343455089

And my opinion is smarter than yours, deal with it.
>>
>>343455215
Nah, I think my opinion is better.
>>
File: 1455913111717.png (343 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455913111717.png
343 KB, 1024x1024
>>343452336
Thieves 1, 2 and even 3(many people hate it, I liked it though)
System Shock 1, 2 and alpha demo of the 3rd one
And after that, if you feel like you can enjoy an extremely flaved(and somewhat obscure) gem, EΨƎ: Divine Cybermancy
>>
Deus Ex? More like Deuce Sex, because this game is fucking shit.

I start the game, and some old guys are talking about some boring shit. Something about a plague, I guess. The only cool part was when they were talking about me being a supersoldier.

My hopes were dashed as soon as the game started. Considering I'm a "nano-aug" (what the fuck does that even mean?) the fact that I die in a handful of pistol shots is shitty.

Guns and melee in this game are both broken. It takes forever to line up a shot and bullets do laughable damage.

I couldn't even bear to finish playing the first level. Fuck this game, and fuck /v/ for calling this turd a great game.
>>
>>343452336
Congratulations you have taken your first step into a larger world of actually good video games
>>
File: 1409082796286.jpg (4 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
1409082796286.jpg
4 KB, 125x119
>>343456667
>>
>>343452801
only correct answer

One of the few games I like even more than Deus Ex.
>>
>>343453979
You can climb walls with LAMs.
>>
>>343454397
It's one of the plants used to spread the plague into the water network.
I think there was a sidequest related to it if you talk to some specific person one of the several times you visit New York. One of the hobos? The arms dealer? Can't remember.
>>
>>343454397
i didnt actually find that place until my third run through the game.

i fucking love this game.
>>
>>343452336
>Sure the gameplay isn't amazing

The gameplay isn't perfect but Deus Ex does a lot more right than people give it credit it for, most importantly it does a great job of marrying player choice and consequence to gameplay. Plus the level design was pretty good, one of the things I hated about IW more than universal ammo was how tiny the levels were.

>>343453332

IW failed to have any sides I wanted to join which is a huge step down from the first game. I did like the twist for one of the endings, the Yes Man style ending.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.