[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Megadimension Neptunia VII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 21
File: megadimension neptunia steam.png (844 KB, 1200x847) Image search: [Google]
megadimension neptunia steam.png
844 KB, 1200x847
Damn, IFI is going all out with its upcoming Megadimension Neptunia VII PC release. They're even uploading an artbook and a soundtrack!

Anyone getting this release in a few days? And if you already have Megadimension on PS4, what do you think of the game? I heard it was the best Nep yet. Neptunia thread.
>>
Iffy-chan would've been really cunning if she had uploaded Nepnep on the last day of the Summer Sale instead of the day AFTER the Summer sale

40% discount on a new game when everybody is plotting their last-minute buys. it would've been genius. genius like a nep!
>>
File: 34178863_p1.jpg (275 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
34178863_p1.jpg
275 KB, 600x660
>>343445043
>>
I wish they'd put the steam page up already
It'd be nice to know the actual price
>>
File: 1462799132557.png (35 KB, 642x356) Image search: [Google]
1462799132557.png
35 KB, 642x356
Meh. Hyperdimension Neptunia on PC was a mistake. The series is a meme and the fanbase cancerous all thanks to the epic steam audience. The games "niche series" status is lost too and whatever sanctity the games had went into the toilet. The games got devaluated to shit too to the point you can call them steam shovelware.

I used to waste my money on expensive LEs and I bought plenty of games from Compile Heart but honestly the whoring of their games and the treatment Idea Factory gives to the original fans has put me off. I'm basically boycotting whatever they will shit out. Apparently my money was not good enough, apparently the meme audience is better. Good for them.

Might pirate Nep VII out of curiosity but I'm disgusted by how things turned out, so I'll see.
>>
File: UniMaid1.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UniMaid1.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>343443574
It's currently the best Neptune experience. I was particularly delighted to see the all the new animations for Uni, Rom and Ram.
>>
File: 2015-09-12_00018.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-12_00018.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
>>343445929
You're a cynical one.
The games are not by any means shovelware, however, and to call them that and yet consider yourself a """""""""""fan""""""""""" seems incredibly....lacking in perspective. The games have not been "whored out", and the audience is the same as its always been, just bigger.
>being pirate scum

Well I for one will be purchasing it and will enjoy the game, its artbook, and its wonderfully awesome soundtrack (I love "Absolute") while you sit your cynical ass here being mad about video games.

Oh, and you can find legitimate reviews too if you actually took the time to look for them Mr. Lazy.
>>
>>343445929
The nep fan base was shit before steam, case in point, you.
>>
File: simply epik steam review.png (102 KB, 609x1064) Image search: [Google]
simply epik steam review.png
102 KB, 609x1064
>>343445929
>all thanks to the epic steam audience
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (133 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
133 KB, 600x857
Why the fuck would I rebuy a game I beat months ago by now
>>
The fanbase has been like that since the anime.
>>
>>343445929
Why are console peasants crying again?
>>
>>343447808
Because they think that we are responsible for the death of Vita.
>>
>>343443574
Only played an hour so far but it's just more nep as far as I can tell. Battle system saw some changes but I still don't care for it.
>>
File: n-chan vs neppit.png (1 MB, 1131x635) Image search: [Google]
n-chan vs neppit.png
1 MB, 1131x635
This obvious pandering is obvious.
>>
File: Le funny meme review xd.png (27 KB, 706x227) Image search: [Google]
Le funny meme review xd.png
27 KB, 706x227
>>343446494
It's just my opinion and I'm doing the best thing I can in regards to that opinion: voting with my wallet.

>The games are not by any means shovelware, however, and to call them that and yet consider yourself a """""""""""fan""""""""""" seems incredibly....lacking in perspective.
Yes they are shovelware in the sense they are cheap, mediocre, released fast and capitalize on a certain audience to buy them without thinking and now that they are whored out on steam for pocket change this is more true than ever. I liked the original trilogy despite its flaws and I somehow enjoyed the spin offs but let's be real here for a sec, the games are pretty bad all things considered, even by weebshit standards.

The games have been whored out as much as possible, rebirth1 was even in a humble bundle and they regularly go under $5 on steam. If Nep VII being 40% off is not whoring then what is it?

>Oh, and you can find legitimate reviews too if you actually took the time to look for them Mr. Lazy.
Oh great, 1 non meme review for 10k super funny meme reviews, it totally means PC is not cancer!

I've been following the game since the Japanese release and I've played the japanese demo. I know the game is not bad but it's just that everything surrounding the series since the memage by steam faggots and how I got buttfucked by Idea Factory for putting some trust in them is really putting me off.

You just buy 3 copies for $10 on "le epic steam sale xD" make a funny review and you should be able to continue the meme. I'm out.
>>
>>343447678
>And if you already have Megadimension on PS4, what do you think of the game?
I never implied you would. I sometimes rebuy games admittedly though, so its not out of the question. Having a game on multiple platforms is nice.
>>343447909
>>343447808
Please don't start the platformwar shitposting. Just ignore the cynic.
>>
>>343443574
i have only five neet bucks atm, and i doubt my pc will even be able to run this
>>
>half a fucking year to get a straight console port
>hard locked resolutions because the Japanese haven't seen what a computer looks like since the MSX2
>need to count on weebante to unfuck the resolution locks, right after he shills the fuck out of the game on PCGamer and cries for his Japanese overlords to look at 30K sales at 30 bucks a piece as a worthwhile platfprm

Why is it okay when Japan does it?
>>
>>343446494
t. autistic anon

go take your meds kiddo
>>
>>343447909
You can't behave. When a niche game with a decent following gets ported to PC the fanbase is flooded with cancerous meme spewing shitters and never recovers. It's like when you play a comfy MMO and one day it turns free to play and suddenly servers are flooded with BRs.

There's also the fact that it always attracts console wars shitposting.

The current handheld generation is coming to an end, there is nothing to kill in regards to the Vita.
>>
>>343443574
>digital artbook and sountrack
Le garbageman.jpg
>>
does this game recycle 70% of the content just like the other neptunia games? that's what turned me off from buying them
>>
File: 50389195_p0.png (2 MB, 2150x2150) Image search: [Google]
50389195_p0.png
2 MB, 2150x2150
>>343449064
It doesn't.
>>
>>343449215
really? if so, i'm kinda interested, then
>>
>>343448801
This shit only happens with Vita games, no one says a thing about console games. VC got ported to PC, no one cared. Neptunia gets ported to PC, muh ruined community meme. Onechanbara gets ported to PC, no one cares. Shinovi Versus comes to PC, muh ruined community.

Or maybe Japanese games, regardless of the platform, have horrid fanbases. Its not like Japanese games aren't favorites for socially stunted autists.
>>
>>343443574
>I heard it was the best Nep yet
That's not saying much
>>
>>343448118
>mediocre
I'd disagree. I think the games are fine titles. Certainly not the best out there, but little things like placement on the battlefield affecting whether or not an attack misses or hits and how many characters it hits is a nice thing to see, and many other elements of the battle system of the games (from what I've played), add a bit of depth and uniqueness to the JRPG market where once upon a time so many were just turn based RPGs, including Neptunia itself in its first release. Being able to slowly nick down at an enemy's HP while lowering their other bar so you can strike it down faster with different attacks is nice, and the game is designed where low skill players will feel the need to grind, while smarter players can utilize the game store to buy better equipment which legitimately has an ample effect on one's ability in battle, whereas in most JRPGs upgrading your equipment doesn't mean TOO much.
>whored out on steam for pocket change
Once again, they are not being whored out. They are being sold on another market, allowing for the game to continue to sell and thrive in more places than one so as to increase profits and offer the chance for an even larger consumer base to enjoy the game. And that it has, as the series is more popular and successful than ever.
>muh 1 non meme review
We can play this game all day. If you're going to take the time to take SIMPLY EPIK XDDD reviews I'll do the same.
>buttfucked by IFI
You were no such thing. You have not been mistreated. You still get high quality LEs and get to enjoy them. Its just that now more people get to enjoy such luxuries.
>>343448801
You aren't right in the slightest, and in fact games not being available on all platforms at the start is what truly attracts console war shitposting.
And handhelds are far from dead. You're delusional in every meaning of the word.
>>
How does such a shitty dev manage to stay on the market for so long? Is this the power of weeaboos?
>>
another free game , thanks for beta testing
>>
>>343450130
>>343450056
Please don't shitpost
>>
I already beat it on ps4 but I would like that OST.
>>
You're all faggots.
>>
>>343445929
>>343448118
>complains about memes when the series itself is full of them
Oh, they irony
>>
File: neppit.png (106 KB, 1328x620) Image search: [Google]
neppit.png
106 KB, 1328x620
>>343450653
Here.
>>
I gave up half way through Rebirth 2 when I realized the translation was utter trash. Did they do the same with the rest of the games?

Maybe I should try that fan retranslation mod
>>
File: 621423532.jpg (73 KB, 423x523) Image search: [Google]
621423532.jpg
73 KB, 423x523
>>343450653
>>
File: 1441685647187.jpg (110 KB, 614x491) Image search: [Google]
1441685647187.jpg
110 KB, 614x491
>>343449507
Is that the legendary PC user "taste" at work here? Because if you find Neptunia games good in any department including characters and writing you have very low standards.

The combat gameplay is repetitive as fuck, every enemy is fought with the same strategy and stronger foes are just the same drill with higher numbers. Dungeons are copy pasted small levels with invisible walls everywhere and completely lack consistency with the world.

The only thing Neptunia has going on for it is that it's stupid, brainless fun. You can disconnect your brain and look at cute girls.

>Once again, they are not being whored out.
They are being whored out. The original fans were pumpin enough money to keep the company affloat and even funded an anime. They're taking the games, devaluating them to shit and throwing them out to the worst possible audience, how is that not whoring?

>They are being sold on another market
The meme market. What a great market is that, who doesn't want to sell their games on a market filled with entitled poorfag autists that never buy anything under $5?

>allowing for the game to continue to sell and thrive in more places than one so as to increase profits and offer the chance for an even larger consumer base to enjoy the game. And that it has, as the series is more popular and successful than ever.

What you're basically saying is that more quality people are going to play it which means more profit which means bigger consumer base which means the series get more popular than ever. Now answer me this. How is that a good thing? Name one niche game series that got better when it exploded in popularity.

>You were no such thing. You have not been mistreated. You still get high quality LEs and get to enjoy them. Its just that now more people get to enjoy such luxuries.
I were though, all things considered. I wouldn't be "boycotting" IFif I wasn't butthurt. It's the only company with EA from which I absolutely refuse to buy anything anymore.
>>
>>343450056

they make games that players want

this is the primary difference between indie japanese developers and indie western developers: one understands that pleasing the customer = profit. The western indie feels entitled to earning a million Kickstarter/Patreon bucks a month from misogonerd gamers to let him live in SanFran Bay in exchange for a shitty, preachy 90-minute long SJW lecture.

One of these options is hot garbage, the other is NEPNEP
>>
>>343450056
Yes deal with it and stay mad faggot.
>>
>>343445929
If anything the game being available on more platforms is the best course of action for a company.
>>
>>343451357
Stay mad kid, your opinion is shit.
>>
>>343451695
When console sales tank because either console fags leave or people just "wait for le pc port:^)" said company is going to be left with the insanely profitable steam audience.

There's a reason why Jap devs don't want to release their pc ports in Nipland. And there's a reason why they wait 6+ months before porting in the west.
>>
>>343451394
>One of these options is hot garbage, the other is NEPNEP
So both are hot garbage?
>>
>>343443574
What is the price of the PC version of Neptunia VII?
>>
>>343451939
At least I'm not making shitty posts like >>343451939 with nothing but memes, name calling and literally zero argument.

I'm not even mad friendo. OP asked for opinions on VII getting whored on steam and I gave my opinion on the subject. I chose to ignore Idea Factory. They seem to be doing fine without me and I'm not losing sleep over the series. You just buy "3 copies" during the steam sales, write some funny reviews for reddit and everyone is happy.
>>
File: truly this is an awful review.png (201 KB, 610x2038) Image search: [Google]
truly this is an awful review.png
201 KB, 610x2038
>>343451357
>the original fans
What do you mean by this? As the series got more and more releases, more and more fans jumped to the scene. There are no original fans, just someone who liked it first and then more people who liked it afterwards with the same level of increase in fans as ever.
>pumping in money
And now fans are giving them even more money, making money on multiple different markets. More money for devs that make good games is always good, as it means they get to live happier more comfortable lives as well as make even more higher quality games. Its not whoring one's self out to try and make more money; that's just good business sense. One should strive to build a market and improve the value of one's company so as to do more as creators. Perhaps one day Compile Heart will be as strong as companies like NIS or perhaps go even farther to be comparable with Square Enix. And that would be a good thing. It'd mean more, higher quality games and more well paid devs. You want the developers of these fun games to keep getting more don't you?
>devaluing them
The games have not been devalued. They grow cheaper over time in the same way all games tend to, but not devalued. They are not being whored out.
>throwing them out to the worst possible audience
Not at all. There is no difference between people gaming on one platform versus people gaming on another. The platform itself is the only difference.
>meme market
See above. Also I can post more reviews.
>never buy anything under $5
What about all the sales these games get on launch day? Sure, more people buy these games on sale. But then again you can go on PSN right now and people are buying these games since they're also on sale on PSN (or at least they were) at around 70% off.On another note,what if I were to go through my game PC ports and explain how much I paid for each and every one of them?You might be surprised to find that a good many sold well above $5.Lower prices tends to bring in more purchases.(1/2)
>>
>>343452131
>Insanely profitable PC audience
>Each PC port sells substantially less than the game before
>>
>>343452679
>muh funny reviews
>>
>>343446494
I'm too ashamed to own any game like this in my library.

All free for me. Only one that got a pass was VC
>>
File: 49175725_p0.jpg (936 KB, 1281x1080) Image search: [Google]
49175725_p0.jpg
936 KB, 1281x1080
How would you convince someone to try V-II if they got jaded by the previous games? I've read some opinions that it's made improvements, but not enough for me to get burned.
>>
>>343453420

to be fair, i think re;birth 2 launched with a lot of issues that damaged its word of mouth. Iffy sort of punted the port job, which is really odd when you consider re;birth 1 was fine. What the fuck did they do to make >muh guard break ruins FPS >muh shitty integrate graphics card makes the game crash >the game blackscreens (most likely due to codec pack interference that Iffy-chan can't really be held responsible for; I remember when I had to un-fuck TiTS:FC blackscreening when a movie played thanks to codecs issue on my end)
>>
so are the gooks happy with this does anyone knows?
>>
>>343454058
If you're here you want to try it.

Just accept it and download the game
>>
File: 1376515839333.jpg (46 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
1376515839333.jpg
46 KB, 350x296
>>343454616
そ、そんな・・・!
>>
>>343452995
>>343451357
>quality people
I said more consumers. This means more "quality" people and more "not quality" people.
>how is this a good thing
I already answered this. The developers make more money for making a good product. They get more rewards for good work and are able to make even more good works.
>Name one niche game series that got better when it exploded in popularity
Monster Hunter? Its more popular than ever and its games keep getting better. I'm not personally a fan of the series but the games are clearly increasing in quality.
And as another answer to "How is this a good thing": More people get to have fun. And that's what's most important. (2/2)
>>343452582
They haven't said yet. They keep saying its 40% off and that the bonus stuff will give a 10% discount but won't give the actual price.
>>
File: salsa.webm (333 KB, 608x342) Image search: [Google]
salsa.webm
333 KB, 608x342
>>343445929
>>343448118
>>343451357
>you will never be this fucking mad over video games
>>
>>343452131
>There's a reason why Jap devs don't want to release their pc ports in Nipland.

Because the PC versions would disrupt the price fixing Japanese devs have grown so fond of ever since the Japanese market was monopolized?
>>
>>343454164
Black screen usually happens when transitioning between 2d and 3d sequences when your PC loads the content either too fast or too slow. The game wasn't tested properly on a large variety of hardware configurations when porting it to PC. Obviously this doesn't happen on the consoles where performance is constant, but for some weird reason of all Rebirth games the second one has it the worst. I had to stop downsampling from 4k to avoid these problems (AA + AF forcing through video drivers works fine).
>>
File: nep hail meme.jpg (26 KB, 399x295) Image search: [Google]
nep hail meme.jpg
26 KB, 399x295
Some people don't realize how Neptunia proves Monsoon right
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.