[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of the newer Kirby trilogy, which was the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: New Kirby games.png (3 MB, 1408x2504) Image search: [Google]
New Kirby games.png
3 MB, 1408x2504
Of the newer Kirby trilogy, which was the best?
>>
>>343435304
3>2>1 unless you want to play co-op
>>
>>343435891
/thread
>>
>>343435304

I only recently played them, but I found Triple Deluxe to be up there with one of the best Kirby games ever made.

I only recently got in to the series
>>
>>343435304
Robobot>RtD>Triple Deluxe
>>
>>343435304
bot>rtd>td
>>
File: 1467303352204.jpg (44 KB, 229x231) Image search: [Google]
1467303352204.jpg
44 KB, 229x231
>>343435304
RtDL best coop (by default)

Triple Deluxe best OST

Robobot best adventure
>>
>>343436129
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
Robobot for single player, Return to Dream Land for multiplayer.
Triple Deluxe is not as good as people make it out to be.
>>
Robobot > Return to Dream Land > Triple Deluxe
RtDL is best if you want co-op
>>
>>343437159
Newfag
>>
>>343437294
It was really nice looking - being the first portable 3D Kirby - with a great OST and a lot of nostalgia pandering so most people left on a high note.
>>
>>343435304
I've only beaten triple deluxe, haven't played robobot, and only got halfway through return to dreamland.

That said, Robobot is best, followed by Triple Deluxe, and then Return to Dreamland. As others have said though return is best for multiplayer by default. I should also point out, the three games I think build on each other, so I imagine whatever comes after Robobot will be the next best kirby of the bunch.
>>
>>343437890
>haven't played robobot
>That said, Robobot is best
Nani
>>
>>343435304
RTDL
Robobot
Triple Deluxe
RTDL does some things better than Robobot and Robobot does some things better RTDL.
Triple Deluxe does nothing better than those two.
>>
Triple Deluxe has ASTHETIC
>>
Kirby Fighters Deluxe had the best Dedede boss fight. Beat up 61 mini Dededes with toy hammers then the big man with two clones then giant Dedede with fountain of dreams power.
>>
>>343438863
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZBStYy7oSg&index=9&list=PLF448BE4103D8D03F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkUvCSfW-NU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-99X3XbcPc

Triple Deluxe has the better main theme and arguably OST
>>
>>343438528
Exactly. These latest kirby games really aren't that different from each other in terms of gameplay. But I know that Robobot's robot builds upon Return to Dreamland/Triple Deluxe's Super Abilities/Hyper Nova respectively, in a way that I've wanted from a kirby game for a good while. Essentially, it acts the same as the hypernova, but it has more depth because unlike hypernova which only has select uses, the robot combines that aspect of hypernova with essentially, an animal helper, for a new set of unique variations on powerups. Bringing back pretty much everything else from the other games, like the arenas, more minigames, etc, while having such similar design makes Robobot is I daresay the better game objectively, although there are missing elements. No co-op being a major example.
>>
File: that's really nice bitch.jpg (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
that's really nice bitch.jpg
646 KB, 1920x1080
Planet Robobot had a better gimmick than Super Abilities/Hypernova

really brings back the vibes of the Animal Friends
>>
>>343440283
I concede you don't need to play it to realize it's the better gimmick out of the three, but there's more to a Kirby game than just that

I want to believe you didn't watch a let's play and are just speculating about the quality of the game and its mini games
>>
RtD > PR > TD. This isn't difficult.
>>
>>343437321
Says the one that doesnt recognise the pasta
>>
File: 1457147175759.gif (1 MB, 540x600) Image search: [Google]
1457147175759.gif
1 MB, 540x600
>>343439885
>that boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUanj9b46n0
10/10
>>
File: robin mask metaknight.jpg (90 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
robin mask metaknight.jpg
90 KB, 240x320
the one with borbnightmare ultra plus: the revenge 2: eletric boogaloo
>>
I wish you could select wish boss to fight in the arenas, especially the true arena. I'd like to fight the Star Dream Heart as plain Kirby and try to really learn the fight instead of just cheesing it with ESP like I did when I just wanted the clear, but it's pretty fucking boring tearing through all the other bosses to even get an attempt. There's no reason you couldn't have both this and the boss rush mode which is just what the arenas are right now.
>>
>>343440723
I did watch some let's plays. I spoiled most of the game actually.

I believe that games should be experienced first before passing judgement, I really do, but these 3 kirby games look to play so similarly to me, that I think it's at least somewhat fair to make the assumptions I did. I mean just look at how exactly the same most of the abilities are. I have to say though I am basically solely basing my rating on the games' unique mechanics (super abilities, hypernova, and robot).

I actually thought for example, that Robobot's final boss was actually a missed opportunity that Triple Deluxe's final boss actually handled better to me.
>>
>>343442906
http://www.strawpoll.me/10635722
>>
Robobot
>>
Rainbow Curse.
>>
1>3>2
>>
File: 1446066038173.jpg (68 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1446066038173.jpg
68 KB, 960x960
>>343435304
boss design: 3 > 2 > 1
gimmick design: 3 > 1 > 2
level design: 3 > 1 > 2
OST: 3 > 1 > 2
prove me wrong
>>
>>343446604
Bosses are okay, nothing too special. Most of them draw way too much from previous bosses. The only totally original one was Susie, but I would have rather she sent something else after us so Haltmann could actually be fresh: 1 > 2 > 3
Gimmick is okay: 3 > 1 > 2
Level design is pretty good: 3 > 2 > 1
Robobot has less than 15 actual new songs, all the good ones are either remixes of classics or a remix of the title screen. Green Greens and Robobot Title Screen are like 50% of the entire OST. Those leitmotifs get repetitive really fast: 1 > 2 > 3
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.