[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can't enjoy literally any game anymore. I think age seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 30
File: 1412266614708.jpg (12 KB, 168x252) Image search: [Google]
1412266614708.jpg
12 KB, 168x252
can't enjoy literally any game anymore. I think age seriously has something to do with it I can literally find something wrong with almost every game. worst part is I used to play one fps very competitively so now I can't enjoy anythyhing else since that series is dead
what do /v/?
tl;dr I can't enjoy games anymore I think due to age
>>
File: 749308234324.png (62 KB, 302x238) Image search: [Google]
749308234324.png
62 KB, 302x238
As you get older, you become more critical of your games and your purchases. Your mom isn't buying it for you anymore, so that money gains much more worth when you're working for it. As a result, you want the best bang for your buck. I know that happened to me when I grew up.

You just need to find a good game series that you really enjoy and can overlook the flaws of. I'd recommend a simpler game that doesn't rely on having high def HD graphics, or a cheesy love story straight out of a JRPG. Go simple.
>>
Just stop playing games for 3 months. Not a single game, then play a game you're comfortable with and like already.
>>
>>343435072
>You just need to find a good game series that you really enjoy and can overlook the flaws of
I can't, I also prefer multiplayer because I bored of single player unless the game is really truly challenging like ninja gaiden or dark souls.
they're just too easy and I get bored idk this really fucking sucks
>>
It's not age.
You just spend too much time on a biased, jaded shithole. You probably spent more time here than playing video games even when you liked them.
Stop coming here.
>you're le here forever
>>
>I can literally find something wrong with almost every game
That's because there is something wrong with every game. That shouldn't mean you can't enjoy it. Try not being such a bitch, OP.
>>
>>343435236
multiplayer is dead tho. seriously, name a good multiplayer that's out right now? non co-op
>>
File: 4AVu9.jpg (503 KB, 1697x1767) Image search: [Google]
4AVu9.jpg
503 KB, 1697x1767
>>343434818
>I can't enjoy games anymore I think due to age

I'm gonna just take a wild guess here-- you're getting old and your life is taking you nowhere. You live with mom and dad still, most likely, and the crushing pressure of life is too much for you to escape into vidya with.

Get your life in order and the fun will return to the vidya.
>>
>>343435315
try not being so autistic and liking shitty games.
gaming is dead
>>
>>343435375
>name a good multiplayer that's out right now?
You'll just call it shit anyway. You've been conditioned to do so.
>>
Just stop playing games for awhile. Since you're desperate to enjoy games, you could also try playing games that you're usually too much of an edgy faggot to try, only do this if you're willing to give them an open minded shot though.
>>
>due to age
>implying it's not because you're leeching off your parents and don't have a job
>>
>>343435510
nope. seriously bonus points for mentioning an fps. don't even say destiny because its not remotely competitive. it's literally slower paced cod.
>>
Get off v. I come back for a few days, realize it's just console wars, reddit v wars and bias edgy teen train of thought without any evidence to support any claim when actual discussion is happening only to get overthrown by meme overflow which kills my enthusiasm because I realize nobody on the internet has to rationally think about what they say and that we as a people, on the internet, are actually moving backwards. See you in a few months v.
>>
>>343435607
Battlefield 3 is still good
>>
>>343434818
Have you only competed in FPS games?
>>
>>343435236
This is as true as it gets.When we were 7 years old even shitty and impossibly hard games were fun.So don't be so critical you fucks.
>>
File: George 2.jpg (15 KB, 390x382) Image search: [Google]
George 2.jpg
15 KB, 390x382
>>343435187
>dark souls
>in the same ballpark of ninja gaiden's challenge
>>
File: 1458601692082.jpg (54 KB, 465x627) Image search: [Google]
1458601692082.jpg
54 KB, 465x627
How old are we talking? Older than 27? My friend and I are approaching 30, we both have jobs and we both agree 2016 has been a great year for vidya. For the people here that don't find games fun anymore, what games did you like when you were younger? Are those games still fun?
>>
I'm also growing old and I'm still enjoying games, so nope it got nothing to do with age. It's got everything to do with your new adult circumstances.

I did take a break of a month or so because I had to travel throughout the countryside because of work, and when I came home I felt refreshed and willing to play. It also helps that I've deleted my backlog and now just play games on a whim instead of counting them off a list, I stopped buying games on steam summer sale because the more games I bought the less I was inclined to play any one of them.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 780x780
>>343435948
Right on. I'd like to say I'll be back in a few months but I know it'll be like a week.
>>
>>343434818
Wow anon, you're such an amazing critic. I really can't wait to hear you constructively criticize a video game.
>>
>>343434818
>can't enjoy literally any game anymore

>If I can identify a flaw in something I can't enjoy it.

I don't think the problem is with video games. That sounds like depression, Anon. You should carefully examine your life and consider either changing things or getting help or both. I know it sounds difficult, but it may make things much better for you in the long run.
>>
>it's you not games!

>literally everything is shorter and shittier quality

Unless you're implying my childhood was worse for not having DLC abd subscriptions like season passes
>>
>>343436004
lately I haven't been a huge fan of battlefield. I can see myself getting bored pretty fast when people just defend/farm kills to look good on the scoreboard. it's not fun to me. vehicles are pretty gay too. the overall movement feels like slower paced cod. pretty m uch any fps that has a fast ttk is awful to me too. seeing the person first should not result in a kill without fighting for it
>>
>>343436258
>denial
seconding depression
>>
age is not related is you becoming a jaded fag

Go outside for a walk
>>
File: 1456262378180.jpg (309 KB, 500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456262378180.jpg
309 KB, 500x1200
>>343436108
I'm 28 man. when I was younger I played a lot on n64 then got a ps2/gamecube then won an xbox.
went from socom to halo 2 and never looked back
>>
>>343436536
>jaded
half these games coming out are literally meant for children bro. im not jaded the gaming community is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>343435375
Overwatch is fun anon
>>
what's the point of even discussing anything anymore? it's just shitposting and the thread disappears.

but yeah man most games are insanely boring to me. the magic is gone

tried getting back into the witcher 3. it's so lame, the exploration, the world, the god awful combat and horse riding,

fuck i'd rather just watch a movie of the story the developers wanted.

i want an rpg with great loot, great combat mechanics, and depth of skill building.

most games are masquerading as open world movie adventures.
>>
Solve whichever applies to you.

1. Depression. Good luck with this one.
2. You pirate hundreds of games and have no monetary attachment to said games so you have no monetary obligation to try and play and enjoy them, the very second you get bored you move on to the next one and the cycle repeats.
3. You spend every waking moment of free time on something game related, be it a forum, a stream, a youtube channel, or on a game itself trying to force it.

Solve the issues you more than likely do have and you'll return to games if you have any desire to afterwards.
>>
>>343436764
You forgot one:
4. Games are getting shit due to catering to casuals and your hobby has changed to the point where you're no longer willing to put up with it. Find a new one.
>>
>>343436651
I don't find class based fps's fun and I never will. not to mention I heard it has that shitty 10 placement matches ranking system.
WHY THE FUCK IS EVERY GAME DOING THIS ITS AWFUL
>get one less kill than friend
>play the same matches
>one rank lower
>heavily basing it on kills instead of wins
yeah, because this is how tournaments are totally won right
>>
>>343434818
Are video games your only hobby? Get others if so. I split my free time between vidya and books. Vidya wise if its the sorry state this crap industry is in then I would highly suggest you turn your attention to older games.
>>
>>343436946
I bet you haven't played "half" the hard old games you're talking about. Perhaps if your taste wasn't so shit that you only enjoyed FPS or something, you'd know that there's enough old games to last you a lifetime.

Name some of your so called good games and I'll give you recommendations based on that, but if the games you like are past 2006 I'm not even gonna bother.
>>
>>343436956
Well, how would you do rank placement then?
>>
>>343436946

This isn't something that can be solved by OP himself, so your post is moot.
>>
>>343436946
He was talking about real reasons, anon, not the delusions you subscribe to in order to pretend the real reasons don't exist.
>>
>>343436764
>2. You pirate hundreds of games and have no monetary attachment to said games so you have no monetary obligation to try and play and enjoy them, the very second you get bored you move on to the next one and the cycle repeats.
Agreed pirating feels kinda like cheating and it just helps suck some of the fun out of them.
>>
File: rrrrr.jpg (53 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
rrrrr.jpg
53 KB, 600x300
>>343437330
halo 2 had a better ranking system and it came out in 04. basically you would climb your way up from level 1 based on wins/losses. you win enough in a row against people your level and you go up, lose enough and you go down. plain and simple. only problem is you could chill at the same level without playing and never de rank
im really sick of these 10 placement match bull shit. it's just so bad especially when you play with a full team and someone gets a higher rank just because they got lucky enough to get a few more kills even though they're evenly matched with you.
>>
>>343437310
>Name some of your so called good games and I'll give you recommendations based on that

>>343437454
Sure, bra. We'll talk in ten years.
>>
>>343435187

I used to play FPS games obsessively but eventually moved on to other genres. Had a blast with the first Dawn of War or the XCOM games (one and two, haven't played that TPS one). Try something else, like a good racing game or something.

On a different note, how's the newest UT?
>>
>>343435948
This guy gets it. My breaks from this place have become longer and longer because everytime I come back, I see just how shit this place is. Besides, I'm just happier in general when I'm not here for a week or maybe longer. I hope others leave this shithole as well.
>>
>>343437716
You don't even have good old taste.
I'd recommend torrenting an emulator pack and playing through everything.
>>
File: rank_images.jpg (83 KB, 528x396) Image search: [Google]
rank_images.jpg
83 KB, 528x396
>>343437330
>>343437616
now that we're on the topic of ranks. can we discuss how bad it is that it can literally match you with people who aren't even placed yet? how the fuck does it even know from one game
>>343437962
I really like the new UT only nobody plays it and I kinda find the maps not so great
>>
>>343437991
>You don't even have good old taste.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean, exactly? I played plenty of NES and SNES games, they just aren't on my 3x3. Haven't really gotten around to things like SEGA's consoles.

I feel like you don't have much of an argument here, you were saying something about me only liking games past 2006? There's been a definite shift in quality (and who developers catered to) between games from around 2000 and the games that we have now, and I don't see it getting better.
>>
>>343437716
Nearly all of those games have modern versions that aren't half bad, including Yu No in the near future.
>>
>>343434818

it's not due to age anon, because I have the same problem, as do a number of other people here that I've listened to.

You know what we all have in common? We all made the mistake of coming to /v/ and sticking around. This place is toxic, a cancer for the mind. /v/ finds something wrong with EVERYTHING no matter how small and insignificant. Even if you disagree with a lot of them that line of thinking is contagious.

It will kill your enjoyment of most if not all games. Get out and get away from here while you still can.

Good luck though, I tried already. We're here forever. There is no going back. This place is like a black hole. It's like some kind of living thing that feeds on negativity.
>>
>>343435375
I was in much the same boat at least a few times in my life. I was huge into TFC (original, not TF2 I bought TF2 on release and hated it) then when that ended I had a gaming depression much like yours. Then I found Gears of War and played that obsessively online for 3 years before it died completely and I hated the sequels. Last year Splatoon rekindled my love and I've been playing that obsessively. I continue to be amazed at how deep and nuanced high level play is (I'm S+ rank which is the top rank in that game). To me, Splatoon is the greatest multiplayer shooter game of all time which is kind of crazy considering I'm in my late 20s and previously played more adult oriented titles like TF/CS/UT2004/gears.
>>
>>343438248
Don't assume everyone who replies to you is the same person.
I just popped in to call your 3x3 shit. Play more games, I'm not telling you to just touch new ones.
>>
>>343438257
Shadow Warrior is completely different, Gothic and Silent Bomber don't really have modern versions (which, in the former example, I think is actually a good thing), Deus Ex is all right but doesn't get close to the original, Rance (and Daibanchou/Kichikuou) are pretty unique even in their own series, La Mulana is a proper modern remake and a shining example on how to make one, but in that it remains an exception.

Infinite Space's creators shat out NightCry which pretty much fucked them over financially from the get-go, Ace Combat has tumbled around and we won't know where it will end since there's barely any info on AC07. On that front, I remain optimistic.

I'd say they're pretty different from what we see nowadays.
>>
>>343438525
>Then I found Gears of War and played that obsessively online for 3
sorry I stopped reading there. gow1 didn't even have a competitive ranking system and it was shitty going against people who probably weren't even that good
not only that the netcode...the clunky ass movement compared to unreal championship 2.
everything was instagib except for pistols and rifles...terrible I just couldn't do it
and i'll never get into a class based fps either.
attack/defend fps's are also boring to me. I like the ones where its mostly based on kills.
I like even playing fields unlike cs where ct's have the advantage since all they need to do is wait. not only that the fucking terrorists still have better weapons just to try and balance it
absolute garbage. also I know pic is dated but still
>>
>OP is a jaded autist obsessed with numbers
I found out why he can't enjoy anything
>>
>>343438774
>I just popped in to call your 3x3 shit.
So you just want to be an asshole. I get the sentiment, happens to me plenty of times when browsing this site.
>>
>>343438998
>obsessed with numbers
what?
>jaded
not really, I think youre the fucking retard since you can easily enjoy retarded games meant for kids
>>
>>343439020
If I wanted to be an asshole, I could have just called your 3x3 shit. I'm telling you to play more old games. You haven't even scraped the lid.
>>
>>343439093
>retarded games meant for kids
so video games
the thing you're acting high and mighty about?
>>
>>343439129
Okay, what old games do you recommend then? You must have some favorites.
>>
>>343439242
>the thing you're acting high and mighty about?
how am I acting high and mighty? you're not making sense. yeah basically I m saying they're pretty much meant for kids and im not jaded, just old
>>
File: 4915797196_9e0ee933dd_b.jpg (183 KB, 720x514) Image search: [Google]
4915797196_9e0ee933dd_b.jpg
183 KB, 720x514
>due to age
>proceeds to spout insults to everyone with a negative reply and call a hobby mostly aimed at children shit
Uh.
>>
>>343434818

Honest question: how often are you on /v/?

I had a thought process similar to yours last year, and then I took a step back and realized games weren't the problem, it was me and /v/. I was spending more time on /v/ than playing games and whether you post or just browse, the /v/ mentality seeps in and before you know it everything is garbage or awful, or you recognize a flaw and think "I wonder what /v/ would say if I made a thread about this?"

I only come on /v/ and 4chan in general when I need to kill time. I'm waiting for a ride to a friend's house right now. This place can really do shit to how you feel about vidya, and the scariest part is how sneaky it happens. Get off 4chan.
>>
>>343439380
>and call a hobby mostly aimed at children shit
I ain't wrong though
>>
>It's not me, video games are shittier
>I'm not being jaded, I'm just older
Notice how you haven't left /v/ in almost an hour.
>>
>>343439468
I honestly don't go on here that often, this is actually the longest time in one sitting I've spent on here. i'll usually check it about once a day though.
>>
>>343435440
This is perhaps the most motivating thing I've read, I think I'm gonna go look for a job now
>>
>>343439527
You're still acting and thinking like a child, so age really has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>343439574
it's both, and yeah I just said to this guy that this is the longest I've ever spent on /v in one sitting. which is almost as long as I can play a game in one sitting without getting bored.
>>343439693
how?
>>
>>343439753
>how?
Constantly resorting to a scapegoat and insulting anyone who tries to prove you wrong.
>>
>>343438926
Well, GoW wasn't meant to be a competitive game recommendation. Splatoon was.
>>
>>343434818
I'd tell you to keep going back generations but you'd shitpost things like ghouls n ghosts or castlevania
sounds like a personal thing OP
>>
File: really proud of his boat.jpg (52 KB, 854x437) Image search: [Google]
really proud of his boat.jpg
52 KB, 854x437
Nothing to do with age, you've been condition to shit on everything for responses, or have also been hearing to much nitpickers on youtube completely destroy games for the smalles of reasons and have lost your sense of individuality when it come to forming an opinion on the games you used to like.
Video related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy1zDBW_UAw
>>
>>343439837
it's honestly how I feel about games though. I've been spoiled so now I feel like I can't enjoy anything else, especially fps's
>>343439892
I just get bored if it's for pure fun. especially when you have idiots running around trying their asses off. it really ruins the fun that im supposed to be having.
>>
File: 1466096111331.jpg (593 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1466096111331.jpg
593 KB, 3264x2448
>Life in a comfortable place
>Half a massive phsyical collection with many rare games
>Always have a half a pound of weed on me
>No GF

I literally cannot play enough games with the little time i have. One of the worst things you can do i get obsessed with a game and play only that. I did that with WoW and everything felt so unsatisfying, but i was just being a gigantic faggot.

Pic related me on the left.
>>
>>343434818
Yeah it's not age it's more that you're just a cynical asshole.
>>
>>343439753
>close-minded
>can't be wrong
>refuses to accept faults
>spent more time arguing with people here instead of playing games you claim to want to enjoy
you've got a severe case of /v/
>>
>>343440102
>Yeah it's not age it's more that you're just a cynical asshole.
I've considered the fact that I might be but honestly these games are just so bad. all of them. I'm also really starting to hate the people who play them and the gaming community as a whole.
>>
Gaming industry is ruined for me.
When people from the past try to unite and make a game in the old fahsion, it ALWAYS ends with a kickstarter disaster.
Multiplayer gaming is now only about milking.
AAA industry consists solely of trash, and this crap will sell because people have no standarts.
Even this ridiculous Battlefield crap about german niggers fighting british gooks will sell, simply because this market allows to failure.
>>
>>343440010
I play it for both fun and competition depending on mood and day.
>>
>>343438783
>Gothic and Silent Bomber don't really have modern versions (which, in the former example, I think is actually a good thing),

I hope nobody tells you about Risen.
>>
Just play old vidya and go in with no expectations.
>>
>>343440010
Why haven't you name dropped the "one fps" in your original post? Which one is it man?
>>
>>343440408
>I play it for both fun and competition depending on mood and day.
what the fuck could you possibly be playing competitively in 2016? don't mention a moba. don't mention a certain class based fps.
>>
>>343440468
Risen is more of a proper Gothic 3 than anything else. Sucked shit, since Gothic 3 is flawed by default.
>>
File: 1466108275686.jpg (584 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
1466108275686.jpg
584 KB, 2400x1600
>>343440304
Do what i did. Follow what YOU like. Stop following every news and press release. Im still playing fucking awesome PS2 games that i didnt get a chance to play. I dont need NEW games because the older ones are still new to me. I then buy the newer stuff when the price is down and i know which games that have all that stuff you listed to avoid. I also succesfully got back into anime using the same method. Theres plenty of good shit out there, its just not where your looking
>>
>>343440232
>but honestly these games are just so bad. all of them. I'm also really starting to hate the people who play them and the gaming community as a whole.
So you're just a cynical asshole then
>>
>>343440538
I did in one of my comments
>>
>>343440548
Splatoon. Follow the reply chain.
>>
File: 1466653696659.png (180 KB, 344x521) Image search: [Google]
1466653696659.png
180 KB, 344x521
You haven't touched half of modern games.
You haven't touched half of previous gen games.
You haven't even played 1/4 of everything prior.
You can emulate up to sixth gen, with some entries in seventh and eighth. Then there's the massive DOS world.
You have a massive pool of older games to play until the day you die if you have such a deep hatred for everything new. Age isn't preventing you from enjoying any of those, you're just being cynical and/or looking for excuses to continue posting here.
>>
>>343440548
>what the fuck could you possibly be playing competitively in 2016?
sounds like he's playing things he enjoys that you immediately dismiss
almost like he has a different opinion and can still enjoy things
>>
File: Opinion discarded.jpg (45 KB, 492x438) Image search: [Google]
Opinion discarded.jpg
45 KB, 492x438
>>343440619
> Do what i did. Follow what YOU like
That's exactly what I do, but some day we will all run out of these old video games. I suspect that not even Deus Ex or Morrowind are going to be as good next time I give them a run through.
Maybe it's just about time to grow out of it.
>>
>>343440709
>splatoon
i'll be honest I don't know enough about it. but how the shit could a console shooter ever be played competitively? you realize if there isn't competitive ranks the people you're going against probably aren't trying nearly as hard as you are. in fact you're probably going against 10 year olds so calm down. I would think im global in cs go if I just played casual all the time (even though im only dmg) not even a pc fps player
>>343440823
no he's not allowed
>>
>>343440969
>no he's not allowed
Act your age.
>>
>>343435440
>this will actually save lives
>a post made in a Chinese cartoon forum
>>
>>343441087
>imam take the moral high ground on dis
how about no
>>
>>343440969
>implying kids play splatoon

Nah they only play REAL FPS games like Call of Duty and CS, none of that kiddy shit.

Which ironically leaves adults or manchildren as they are often called as the main audience.
>>
File: shruglife_fullpic_1.jpg (50 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
shruglife_fullpic_1.jpg
50 KB, 550x400
>>343440969
>how the shit could a console shooter ever be played competitively?
Same way anything else can be played competitively: you play against another person.
>>
File: 1049032-flatteddie.png (700 KB, 825x619) Image search: [Google]
1049032-flatteddie.png
700 KB, 825x619
>tfw posting this on a video game board
>>
File: 1460862942427.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1460862942427.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
>Unironically recommending Splatoon after that FInal Splatfest announcment yesterday where Nintendo more or less passively announced there will be no more active support for splatoon outside of keeping the servers up.
>>
>>343434818
>age

no, you just got burnt out. you probably have a massive backlog.
>>
>>343441087
Try to concentrate really hard and flip that "thinking" switch in your head. Try to imagine a person who doesn't like MOBAs, CS or Team Fortress 2 knock-offs, and yet that wants to enjoy something without having to compromise with games with tightly knit/limited playerbases.

What would you have them play?

Dante Must Die: Don't use stupid fucking buzzwords like "you're jaded" or "other people can enjoy things, you can't".
>>
>>343441369
Not the guy who recommended it, but now it truly qualifies as a "competitive game" because it's dead.
>>
>>343441425
>Try to imagine a person who doesn't like MOBAs, CS or Team Fortress 2 knock-offs, and yet that wants to enjoy something without having to compromise with games with tightly knit/limited playerbases.
Okay, but now he comes in and sets the rule on what people can and can't like so it's okay to call him immature.
>>
>>343441223
lol except they're all probably playing for fun the way games are meant to be played unless its in a tournament or for money I guess. seriously I go on cod and I hear like a dog barking through the Kinect. its not remotely competitive without a true ranking system
>>
File: 1466893111605.gif (2 MB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
1466893111605.gif
2 MB, 400x316
I haven't been able to enjoy games nearly as much as I used to, in the last few years.
Some games used to make me totally autistic and I just NEEDED to keep playing them for weeks straight, examples like the Souls series, Terraria, Payday 2, TF2 and WoW.
Nowaday I research into what games I buy and I'm still disappointed most of the time. Some games I don't even bother to continue on after an hour. Even old games feel like a chore to play.
I start anything up, old or new, games I thought I'd love and games I used to love, and I'm just bored out of my mind. I feel like a lifeless loser, I feel like I waste away my life doing nothing. I blame this hobby for making me a friendless loser, I blame it for making me break up with the only girlfriend I ever had and still love and miss, etc. The only other thing remotely aking to an interest that I've found has been biking, but I'm too lazy and depressed to do anything about it.

What do?
>>
>>343441646
>its not remotely competitive
You're playing CoD with a dog. You're evenly matched. That's pretty competitive IMO.
>>
File: 1458902233788.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458902233788.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>actually using splatoon
>no irony
>100% serious
>fucking splatoon
>as an example of a competitive game
>>
2016 has been another shitty year for video games so far.

I think the only games I'm still playing now are from 2015 or earlier.
>>
>>343441679

> I'm lazy and depressed, why do I not enjoy things anymore?

God damn it, you answered your own fucking question.
>>
>>343441679
First you should stop blaming electronic entertainment for your own mistakes.
Next you buy a rope.
>>
>>343436946
This.
>>
>>343441643
>Okay, but now he comes in and sets the rule on what people can and can't like so it's okay to call him immature.
You're telling him how to behave on an anonymous fucking imageboard, you're both cunts.
>>
>>343441846
>you run around shooting dumb kids and manchildren taking a video game seriously
prime example of a competitive game
>>
I'm 33 and I still enjoy games, but I spend my free time between hobbies. I think being on this site with it's overanalyzing of every game or complaints of censorship can bring you down though. This place can make you think that video games and the people who play them are terrible people, when that's not true, it's just really negative here. OP you might just need a break from this site or find another hobby for a bit. Return to games later. They'll still be around
>>
>>343442016
My question is why are you taking it personally?
>>
>>343441745
only time it's competitive is if it's a tournament or there's actually competitive ranks. even in a tournament you could be against people who are out of your league depending on which tournament it is.
>>
>>343442520
>only time it's competitive is
When you're competing against someone else. Don't disregard the dog. Maybe it's good.
>>
>>343442143
People who actually take anything in this board seriously and base their further opinions on what thy read here instead of critically looking at every piece of information and making your own opinions should just neck themselves
>>
>>343442016
>>343442237
you're both pretty weird tbqh. you can't stop calling me jaded like a broken fucking record and now you're talking to that guy about why you're calling me jaded. lmfao
>>
>>343442656
>both
>targets one
You can stop playing pretend, OP.
>>
>>343442237
>anon says there's not much to play competitively in 2016, not counting mobas and Team Fortress 2 spin offs
>you're jaded!!111
>called out on the fact that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about
>moral h-highground.. you're too personal here!

is this fucking /v/ - video games or /v/ - social psychology and psychiatric treatment? did you misclick somewhere in google?

>>343442656
I'm just bored and can't play any vidya so I spend my time indulging in pointless fucking arguments, it's a hobby.
>>
>>343434818
Stop playing games and coming to /v/ for a year.
When you come back everything should feel fresh.
>>
>>343442764
>is this fucking /v/ - video games or /v/ - social psychology and psychiatric treatment?
not him but the entire point of this thread is to point out op is a little baby bitch that let /v/ ruin video games for him
so its both
>>
>>343440969
The motion control aiming is crazy good though it takes a few weeks to fully get used to. It's insanely superior to analog stick aiming. I feel like I have about 90 percent of my PC mouse aiming skills versus like 40 percent when I play console analog stick shooters. The kids are too busy trying be mature and cool amongst their peers so they play CoD and the toddlers don't typically make it above C or B rank leaving only older players or truly skilled under in the high ranks. Also, no voice chat keeps you focused on winning/playing instead of trash talking and listening to obnoxious kids.
>>
>>343435375
MGO and fobs
>>
>>343442749
>>targets one
because you've already asked him why he's taking it personal and defending me.
>>
>>343442857
that's what you think, there's been an undeniable shift in development priorities in vidya and it's only going to get worse with games like Uncharted or God of War becoming the standard

obviously there's shit you can enjoy despite gaming largely becoming shit, just like there's an exception to almost everything, but that's beside the point
>>
>>343442924
>defending me
You wish.
>>
>>343442891
>PC mouse aiming skills versus like 40 percent when I play console analog stick shooters
im pretty flawless with a controller but that's because I've been playing since the original xbox days
>>
>>343443051
>video games got worse
you fags say this every year yet refuse to touch all the good stuff you ignored in your precious 90s when you were focused on garbage like neopets and halo
>>
>>343436258
Everything felt longer and better back then because you were a kid. These last few years have been pretty good
>>
File: 1440727821852.png (262 KB, 463x373) Image search: [Google]
1440727821852.png
262 KB, 463x373
>>343443082
I don't need your defense
>>
>>343443051
>there's been an undeniable shift in development priorities in vidya
Yeah, that happens every gen. Video games have always been shit. You're supposed to cherrypick.
>>
>>343443174
again, what people do is beside the point

look at releases and standards from the year 1999 and then come back and look at what sells the most nowadays, if you can't agree with me here that games have gotten worse in that regard, you're fucking delusional
>>
File: cotd_email_1435096181_00032.jpg (36 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
cotd_email_1435096181_00032.jpg
36 KB, 390x219
>>343443174
the original halo trilogy was great though. way better than any shit fps that's out now.
>>
File: henry-staffordshir_2314959k.jpg (80 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
henry-staffordshir_2314959k.jpg
80 KB, 536x536
>>343443493
>the original halo trilogy was great
>way better than any shit fps that's out now
>even an inferior DOOM is better than all three
>>
>>343434818
cut yourself off from games and more importantly /v/ for a good while then come back
>>
>>343443637
>>even an inferior DOOM is better than all three
doom's multiplayer is trash though. im not talking about campaign.
>>
>>343443493
>the original halo trilogy was great though
It really wasn't.
>>
>>343443763
so I guess you were a cod4 fan then huh. I thought it was pretty gay how it was pure aiming and who sees who first faggot shit to be honest
>>
File: WE MUST STOP POSTING said Toad.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
WE MUST STOP POSTING said Toad.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
>>343443921
>I guess you were a cod4 fan then huh
No, that was just as bad.
>>
>>343434818
Get off /v/. No joke this place sucks the joy and fun from fucking anything.
>>
>>343443109
Nice, I grew up only playing PC shooters since Doom and Wolfenstein 3D days. I refused to play console shooters since the controls felt terrible, but I have many friends like you who are the opposite. How I got into playing gears is a long story... Anyway, if you do get into Splatoon one of my alt NNIDs is Derp9001
>>
>>343434818
>what do /v/?
maybe you could shitpost for two hours and realize you prefer arguing with literal strangers instead of playing games
>>
>>343440304
Wasteland and PoE were good
>>
>>343444251
Shadowrun games were infinitely more enjoyable to me, even if gameplay in these is less complex than both Wasteland and PoE.
>>
>>343444086
>No, that was just as bad.
good taste, I didn't even buy it.
>>343444190
I would still say that pc fps's are far more competitive. I don't really feel like it's fair when people can hardly aim with a controller especially if the game doesn't know how to properly match people which is literally every fps now.
>>343444207
lol
>>
File: 1466813019810.jpg (48 KB, 558x533) Image search: [Google]
1466813019810.jpg
48 KB, 558x533
Enjoying games is it's own kind of suffering.

I cannot possibly play EVE, stay in master league of starcraft2, be active on 2b2t.net, be active on my favourite ss13 server, all while keeping up with important game releases.
>>
>>343444406
I agree overall, but the motion control aiming is seriously almost as good as mouse. The matchmaking is also very very good for solo ranked, never takes more than 20 seconds to get a match started and the player skill seems right. Only thing that sucks is quad squad matchmaking is poor if your lower ranked because most people that play in full squads are high ranked so you just get matched up with people way better than you so don't quad squad until you're already skilled or at least prepare your pooper.
>>
>>343445528
wait it actually has ranks? also how can you tell if the game doesn't really have a huge skill gap? do you think there's a skill gap at all?
>>
>>343445528
You're... Stupid autocorrect
>>
>>343445602
Yes I has ranked mode and ranks. You aren't allowed to play ranked until you play at least about 6 hours of unranked play.
>>
>>343445602
Skill gap is huge in Splatoon. Skill ceiling extremely high. Look at Thatsrb2dude's videos
>>
>>343444985
>play EVE

Neat I do this professionally its called having a fucking job
>>
File: ecn46Er.gif (1 MB, 750x324) Image search: [Google]
ecn46Er.gif
1 MB, 750x324
>>343446026
well meme'd famalaram
>>
File: 20141223_234646084_iOS.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
20141223_234646084_iOS.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>343434818
Smoke some weed

what's wrong with you?

Elementary solution to the problem you mong.
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.