[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. I played Banjo when I was a kid, and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1400x788
I don't get it. I played Banjo when I was a kid, and I don't get it. Clearly plenty of people are excited, and I'm aware I'm an outlier, but looking at just the things we have seen this game looks like a complete mess to me.

sorry
>>
>>343430704
And you are entitled to your opinions.
I'm not gonna hate you for them, no matter how potentially wrong they are.
We haven't seen much and really won't for a while. However, one major defining factor is going to be the Toybox which we get later this month that will decide whether people will be majorly interested in it or not.
>>
then dont buy it faggot. not everyone likes the same games
>>
>>343430861
what do entitled means? non english speaker here
>>
>>343430929
Depends. Normally it means "it is your right to have this" when you use it like that guy did. The other common usage is "Don't be so entitled." which more like "You're a whiny baby who expects everything to be served to him on a silver platter." Hope that helps.

Also for future reference, try "What does entitled mean?"
>>
>>343430704
kinda in the same boat as you
it doesnt look very special at all, the character design is pretty poor
>>
>>343430704
That's fair enough.

There are bits I've seen that I'm not a fan of, but overall I'm happy with what they've shown.

But as another anon said, you don't have to buy, I like what I saw originally so I backed.
>>
I only backed it because
HOLY SHIT GRANT KIRKHOPE AND DAVID WISE ARE ON THE SAME GAME
>>
>>343430704
the character design seems off and soulless.
>>
>>343433282
>soulless
Got any words that aren't completely baseless and subjective?
>>
>>343433446

Nah bro I'm pretty sure he's sharing an opinion, not writing a college essay
>>
File: IDc0K6S.jpg (398 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
IDc0K6S.jpg
398 KB, 2816x2112
>>343433446

emotionless, bland, whatever fit I'm not a native English speaker.

Anyway my money is objective, and I'll keep her in my wallet. You can buy this shit game twice for me.
>>
>>343430704
thanks doc
>>
>>343430704
Maybe it's because you are too old for games like this. Stop being a manchild.
>>
>>343435556
Yeah, we only play MATURE games for MATURE gamers like us! Isn't that right anon?
>>
>>343430704
>Game releases on PC
>Modders make a Banjo and Kazooie skin for Yooka and Laylee.
>Change all instances of their names to Banjo and Kazooie, which won't feel out of place due to the jibberish animal speak.
Ta-da, Banjo-Threeie.
>>
>>343436035
Nice memes tips fedora.

On a serious note there is a difference between a game that should clearly appeal mostly to kids and more adult oriented games that don't have to necessarily glorify blood, guts, cussing and sex in it.

Only gamers would look at something like Yooka-Laylee at 30 years of age and think it should be made for them above anyone else. You don't see this with any other form of entertainment but gaming and that is because gaming has a manchild epidemic going on.
>>
>>343435556
>too old
>for games like this
Anon, literally every video game is meant for children. Even the M rating is for 17+.
>>
Ever since the e3 trailer I've been hyped, the other levels in the game look really gorgeous.
Also I'm hoping this revives 3D platformers.
>>
I bet five whole Murrican dollars you're one of those people that can't enjoy it because Banjo and Kazooie aren't the protagonists.
>>
>>343430704
delete this
>>
>>343430704
I really hope everything doesn't have the endless floating sky background in the actual game.
>>
STOP

if this kickstarter also fails I might consider selling my PC
>>
>>343433446
>"Lol your opinion doesnt matter because its SUBJECTIVE, unlike my totally objective opinion"
>>
>>343436560
Sometimes anons on /v/ can be so retarded. I truly hope you are just making jokes and aren't this stupid.

Games like Mario, Banjo and Yooka-Laylee are rated E. Sure E stands for everyone. However that doesn't mean that adults should be the primary target for games like this because they are not. It's children who these games are made for. Unless you have an outlier like Conker.
>>
File: Pepe_gun.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_gun.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
Any other /young/ faggots here?

I'm 18 and never played any of this platformer childish garbage. Fucking old ass nostalgiafags expect us to be excited for trash we've never played, while never shutting up about how good their literal shit childhood games were.

I could literally get AIDS today and probably feel nostalgic about it in 30 years in a weird way. Fucking grow up and get over your shitty reboots of games you only enjoyed because you were like 6.

In 10 years people will be demanding remakes of such ""classics"" from my generation like CoD4 and Battlefront 2. Then you'll know how I feel, but kind of in reverse I guess.
>>
>>343437446
You make a good point despite frogposting.

I had an N64 when I was a kid but I could never get into Banjo Kazooie. Felt like Super Mario 64 but shittier.
>>
>>343436391

>developers develop Yooka-Laylee as if they were making Banko-Threeie
>developers create new characters and replace everything BK-related for trailers and official release
>developers release Yooka-Laylee
>developers anonymously release Banjo-Threeie mod shortly after and let it go viral
>>
>>343437446
Why don't you try a platformer, anon? Maybe you'll enjoy them.
>>
>>343437081
It means the primary target for the game is everyone. Shouldn't you be shitposting on r9k?
>>
>>343430704

Post some actual criticism so we can get a discussion going.
>>
File: 503d1591afa96f6c00001df1.gif (804 KB, 238x165) Image search: [Google]
503d1591afa96f6c00001df1.gif
804 KB, 238x165
>>343437708
>>
File: 1463749530534.jpg (156 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1463749530534.jpg
156 KB, 474x595
>>343437708
>>
>>343430704
I'm starved for 3d platformers with good graphics
>>
>>343436482
>Only gamers would look at something like Yooka-Laylee at 30 years of age and think it should be made for them above anyone else.
No one implied this. You're pulling this out of your ass.
There are games targeting kids, and there are games that can appeal to everyone.
Same goes for movies. For example, Aladdin is something everyone can enjoy regardless of age. It's not something only kids are allowed to enjoy and anyone who doesn't is not a manly man.
Now puff out your chest!
Now say "TAX EXEMPTION!"
>>
All it is, is your tastes changed.

This looks like B-K. Every (valid) criticism of the game is JUST as valid a criticism of B-K; a nonsensical world, a stupid story, barely-defined characters, a mish-mash of gimmicks, no real challenge, collecting a jillion macguffins

That's B-K and B-T to a fucking t.

It's okay to not be excited for it. But realize that you aren't excited for it because you aren't really a fan of B-K; you may have fond memories of it, but the gameplay itself just doesn't do much for you.

Those of us who actually enjoy wandering around goofy worlds searching every nook and cranny for hidden nonsense look to be ABSOLUTELY getting our fill with this shit. The level expansion mechanic is genius as fuck, the movement mechanics and level design look well-married (quite a bit of stuff that seems logical but is insurmountable until you gain a minor tweak to your movement abilities, and then it's like a brand new level again), etc.

I don't even want to see the toybox. The toybox is the sort of thing DMC needs; a place where you and the mechanics can hash it out and develop a real feel for how they work. A game like B-K doesn't need a greyboxed level, because the level design IS the game. The worlds are all that matters.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>343438530
Anon, you're forgetting the freeform jazz
>>
>>343430704

If you actually grew and liked other games then this will likely bore the shit out of you because old platforming was neat back then, but too simple, especially in 2D games.
>>
>>343437708
Would they be able to get into trouble for that? I mean if you release it as a mod that nobody has to pay for, could that really be infringing on copyrights? It's just a mod.

Wonder if anything like that has ever happened. Devs making a game and then releasing a mod later, be it anonymously or upfront, that was a homage to something else entirely.
>>
>>343438530
and anyone who isn't a kid*
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.