[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I allowed to play this game with stealth? I'm at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Dxcover.jpg (125 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
Dxcover.jpg
125 KB, 362x450
Am I allowed to play this game with stealth? I'm at the first mission at the North Pier and I have no idea how to take out the circling guard around the box non-lethally. If I go on the boxes he discovers me, and when I get off I always make a sound. What do?
>>
when in doubt, prod with the prod
>>
Just kill them all
>>
>>343427587
What the fuck. I don't want to play this game by killing everyone. I had a feeling that's what this game would turn into
>>
Yeah, stealth's a bit iffy and you don't get a lot of feedback but it's totally doable.
The prod and police baton can insta knockout people if you hit the back of their necks, and the tranq crossbow makes people panic but they will fall asleep in a few seconds. You can shoot them with multiple tranqs to speed up the process.
>>
>>343428221
The GEP gun takedown is the most silent way to complete a mission
>>
>>343429145

it's also the most effective way to take down Manderley
>>
>>343429145
>>343428731
I saw a video where he stunned both guards. Might as well do that since there's no other way of avoiding the situation. If I jumped off the box, would the mercenary guard detect it or just the enemy patrolling?
>>
>>343429296
Yeah the AI is very receptive to jumping. Keep in mind you don't have to kill/knock out every guard. It isn't worth the hassle.
>>
>>343428221
I say that because I stealthed my way through it and then some asshole comes in and kills everyone anyways and calls me a pussy cuck
>>
>>343429503
Yeah thanks for the advice
>>
You won't get spotted while leaning. Hide and lean around corners to spot enemies.
>>
>>343429810

you can but guards will take a while to go on full alert.

three things you need to consider

1)conserve prod ammo because it's pretty rare in the levels you might want to go non-lethal
2)the assault rifle has an underslung grenade launcher that is PERFECT for destroying security cameras without too much collateral damage
3)hacking tools are far less rare in the later gameand you can start destroying doors and shelves with dragon tooth anyway, on the other hand, lockpicks are always valuable.
>>
>>343427250
Anon it aint mgs european extreme. Don't worry about ghosting the game. A lot of the best nonlethal strats like the gas grenade + tranq dart combo or pepper spray in general is not ghosty at all.

Also try the other pathway for Liberty Island. The north entrance is more of a guns blazing entrance.
>>
>>343428221
Does it matter that much to you that you DON'T want to kill people?
>>
Deus Ex isn't a stealth game.

Human Revolution was in fact the first Deus Ex game to feature stealth.
>>
crossbow gets tranq darts for nonlethal takedowns, just make sure you hit the head.
>>
>>343427250
crouch up behind him and hit in the small of his back with your police baton. this buttslap technique is the best way to conserve prod ammo.
>>
>>343430434
For the prod it is better to do stealth takedown in the back. I think when the enemy is alerted prod to the head is more effective though.
>>
If you have gas grenades throw one and run in and prod or baton the guy. Gas grenades are great, even if you want to kill the enemies you can just stun them with the grenades and easily headshot them afterwards. The gas only lightly damages you so don't worry about exposure
>>
>>343430315
Not really, no.
>>
For the record, the first two missions are the only times the game notes whether you used lethal or non-lethal methods to neutralize people.
>>
Wow, I just walked past the guards and it was fine.
>>
you only really really have to kill like 2 or 3 people in the game (which are "bosses", sort of)

stealth is encouraged and rewarded, plus it's fun anyways
>>
>>343427250
>Am I allowed to play this game with stealth?
That's how you're supposed to play
>>
Get a knife
>>
>>343427250
> Wanting to play stealth in a 90's Looking Glass game

Play fucking Thief then
>>
>>343427250
Throw boxes around, or just prod/baton everyone. Nonlethal is pretty easy in dude sex
>>
i only go stealth when it's against cops or soldiers that have nothing to do with the Majestic 12.

but if it's Majestic 12 or Chinese shits, i get the dragon tooth out.
>>
>>343431756
>you only really really have to kill like 2 or 3 people in the game

Navarre is the only character in the game that has to die. Though I guess Lebedev technically dies later even if you save him.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.