[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you realise the adventure series were average at best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (78 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
78 KB, 460x215
At what age did you realise the adventure series were average at best?
>>
>>343420653
Never. They are still the best Sonic has ever produced.
>>
I was never under the impression that it was above average. I was 9 when SA2B came out though so maybe I was too old, I never played SA1. Too many of the level types were mediocre for me to call it a masterpiece or anything, and the movement while not as bad as 06 had issues like accidently flying straight up in the pathways of the jungle level
>>
Probably 22 when I realized I only still played SA2 for the the chao garden. Mildly embarrassed.
>>
>>343420653
21-22 when it came out for Steam.

That is, I can now see the flaws it has. It's still one of my favorite games and I have SO much fucking fun playing it still.
>>
>>343420653
When my favorite ecelebs told me that they were shit.
>>
It's weird how childhood has a way of distorting games. When I go back & play old titles I had autistic rage over when I was younger it's actually frightening how hollow it seems compared to the actual memory
>>
>>343420653

When I first played them as a kid. I didn't care though since the atmosphere and music were God-Tier and there was a Chao Garden.
>>
I always knew....I just didn't care because I had so much fun.
>>
>>343420653

When I first played them, probably about 12
>>
About 10 years ago. Adventure 1 was alright, but Adventure 2 sucked.
>>
File: CIMG0567.jpg (470 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0567.jpg
470 KB, 1600x1200
fun little story.

Met jon st john at a launch party, and asked duke himself what the fuck direction the VOD ADR gave him in the booth to make biggs.

He said "I got in the booth and he said 'give me the biggest retard noise on the planet. We want full on glue eating poop smearing retard'. So I gave him what he wanted. I made the lowest IQ, dumbest fucking retard noises you could ever possibly imagine for a good 40 seconds straight. He said 'go about 5 steps more retarded and we got our voice'"
>>
>>343420653
SA2 still has shadow's best skating animation.
>>
/v/ has taught me I should be ashamed of enjoying games they blacklisted.
>>
>>343420653
High school. Must've been 16.

I remember still defending the games to friends up to that point.
>>
File: 1458439840959.jpg (227 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1458439840959.jpg
227 KB, 1536x2048
Ages 7 - 9 i literally lived for sa2b. I thought it was the greatest game ever.

Then on my 10th birthday my parents bought me shadow the edgehog
It hasn't been the same for me since
>>
>>343420653
SA1: 2008
SA2: Still great and still the best arcade-style 3D platformer to exist

To this day, I don't know any platformer that's more exciting than playing Sonic/Shadow's SA2 stages.
>>
>>343425301

I don't know many platformers more tedious than every other SA2 stage.
>>
>people ACTUALLY defend Sonic Heroes
>>
File: jetsetradio.jpg (250 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
jetsetradio.jpg
250 KB, 980x551
>>343425301

You should check out more arcade-style 3D platformers.
>>
>>343426270

If you played it on anything but PS2, it was better than Adventure.
>>
I find them more fun than the old Sonic games, fight me.
>>
>>343426270

It's great. I don't see how people can praise Adventure 1-2 gameplay while shitting on Heroes. Heroes has more depth and no stupid filler character levels (aside other teams' stories, which thankfully are separate from each other, so you can go Team Sonic the whole way in).
>>
>>343426443
The game had slippery as shit controls on every platform, get fucked.
>>
>>343426785

>Sonic Adventure didn't
The only thing worse made significantly worse was grind rails, but if you used the dpad it was much better.
>>
>>343420653
When I bought them on steam. They definitely are average, but I still enjoy the nostalgia trip of replaying them sometimes, especially 1.
>>
>>343420653

I dunno, some years ago, I replayed it recently and yeah it felt just slightly above average, the only fun levels were sonic and shadow's and a handful of knuckles and rouge's, everything else just sucked and was more of a hassle just to get to the good levels.

But one thing I still think that's great about the game is the presentation, the soundtrack is fucking great with stuff like butt-rock, techno, hip-hop and even jazz, that gives it a very early 2000's feel, and the story and voice acting was really cheesy but charming in a b-movie kinda way.

Also Chaos are the biggest time sink ever, holy shit.

My consensus is that I'd still replay it for nostalgia's sake but I wouldn't really recommend it to someone that knows little to nothing about video games, because they'll get the impression that video games fucking suck, because the game is pretty damn flawed and only someone with an attachment to the game or someone that appreciates games for what they are will enjoy it.
>>
>>343426713
You still have to beat the game with every team to get the real ending like in sonic adventure.
And every team was pretty much the same.
>>
Day 1
SA1 is better
>>
About 20, I came to the realization that I only enjoyed playing as Sonic in those games, or Sonic and Shadow in SA2's case.
>>
>>343420653
When I first picked it up on Gamecube, I remember I took it back within a week.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.