[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loved Asylum and City, are Origins or Knight worth playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: hqdefault.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
Loved Asylum and City, are Origins or Knight worth playing?
>>
>>343419903
Knight is pretty fun, I bought Origin and Asylum but have yet to get to them, but I played City.
>>
>>343419903
If you liked Origins, Then Knight will be no problem.
>>
>>343419903
origins sucks dick
knight is good though
>>
>>343419903
Knight is still a fun time, though be forewarned they kind of go overboard with the Batmobile. If you get Knight, Season of Infamy and Matter of family DLC are worth looking into. Origins is passable but suffers from minor bugs, a delayed counter, and dumbed down crime investigations. But the funny thing is Origins arguably has the best constructed story and definitely the best Bane.
>>
File: 1467262168955.jpg (45 KB, 715x712) Image search: [Google]
1467262168955.jpg
45 KB, 715x712
>Six-pack on armor plates

What's the fucking purpose
>>
I haven't played Knight, but I can tell you Origins is pretty boring. It's based around these bossfights that are all shit.
>>
File: Batman-Arkham-Knight-contro.jpg (99 KB, 1100x900) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Arkham-Knight-contro.jpg
99 KB, 1100x900
>one button
>>
>>343420481
It's form fitting armor that contours to batman's body.

Muscles are shaped that way because that's how the body moves. So the armor needs to move as the body does.
>>
The combat and stealth of Knight is really good but the story and Batmobile are awful, though the Season of Infamy DLC was really good better story than the main game
>>
Knight is good except the batmobile is shit and overused
>>
>>343420481
intimidate
>>
>>343420675
Honestly there wasnt enough stealth sections
>>
>>343419903
Knight is surprisingly good. I didn't even mind all the Batmobile parts too much. Origins is complete shit, though.
>>
File: 1466349620899.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466349620899.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>343420835
plebe

Origins > Asylum > City > Knight

if you disagree you are literally a redditor
>>
City > Asylum >>> rest
>>
>>343420992
>Origins better than Asylum
Yeah right buddy.
>>
>>343419903
Knight is worth buying for the Endless Predator challenge map alone!
>>
File: original.jpg (671 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
671 KB, 1200x1200
>Origins
Decent if you take it for what it is; a glorified Arkham City expansion pack. Electroshock gloves are fun, even if they're overpowered as fuck. A few B-tier villains with some decent bossfights, tacked on multiplayer can be ignored. The scene where Bruce explains to Alfred why he does what he does as he's begging him not to go back to the city on Christmas Eve with all of the assassins after him is GOAT.

>Knight
Good enough story mode but everyone and their mother knew who the Knight was going to be. Batmobile shoehorned into every conceivable area of the game, from Riddler's collectibles and horseshit racetracks to the monotonous sidequests you have to do, like chasing down APCs. Anticlimactic confrontation with the Knight, no bossfights that don't involve the Batmobile or a tank combat mission. Deadshot and Azrael were wasted potential personified.

City > Asylum > Origins > Knight
>>
File: 1456950968840.jpg (62 KB, 475x454) Image search: [Google]
1456950968840.jpg
62 KB, 475x454
>>343420992
>Origins better than Asylum/City
>>
>>343419903
No, unless you like playing the same shit over and over.
>>
>>343421190
>Deadshot and Azrael were wasted potential personified.

That really bothered me...
>Play as Azrael and complete the trials Batman gives
>Go back with him and learn St. Dumas are controlling him
>All ends on a really bad note of "KILL BATMAN or don't it really doesn't affect the story in any way"

That and the Batmobile just bothered me so much...still it did have a ton of sidequests to do that were pretty fun. Wish Manbat got more love.
>>
>>343421668
I thought for sure Azrael's last challenge was going to be a fight against Batman himself, and we got that bullshit instead. Holy fuck I was mad.
>>
File: nep.png (1 MB, 739x859) Image search: [Google]
nep.png
1 MB, 739x859
What's 1966 batman of video game?
I would very much like to play that
>>
>>343420464
Shit opinion
>>
>>343419903
yes. just don't expect them to hit the same levels of asylum or city.
>>
I love all 4 games. Origins is criminally underrated. The story is easily the best. Only problem is it's a bit buggy and chugs on consoles. Not sure how it does on PC.
>>
>>343421190
Best opinion I've seen yet
>>
>>343420992
>origins better than any other arkham game.
>>
>>343420992
>Origins > Asylum > City > Knight

Contrarian as always. Good ol' /v/.
>>
Knight, yes. It has some shitty moments with the Batmobile, and WAAAY too much tank combat at times, but the story itself is pretty great and seeing how certain batman villains react to some of the endgame stuff is great. And the PC version is in MUCH better shape, honestly the better choice now if you can run it OK. And the DLC is hit or miss, but the one that adds the 4 villains to it is worth picking up, since it has some closure on some of the City plotlines.

Origins? No. I felt like I wasted my time on it and as a whole was useless to the story. I would avoid.
>>
has arkham knight been fixed on pc yet? at least fixed enough for a 970 to run it at 60+ fps on high?
>>
>>343419903
Origins has the best boss fights objectively. It was buggy at launch but some of this was fixed. It's basically City again, very similar map, combat is slightly slightly less crisp and the riddler stuff is a chore. But overall it's a very fun game. Also has a lot of cool extra costumes.

Knight is really good, but there's way to much Bat Tank and Batmobile segments, it's very over saturated in that regard. But the story is solid and the combat and stealth is the best it's been. There's a good amount of side quests as well. They're on sale on steam atm if you're on PC. Knight is much more manageable on PC now as well which is good.
>>
>>343422536
Yep. I played through it on my GTX 970 and i7-4790k a few months after they started patching it. For the most part it is very playable and I was able to crank up everything besides the gameworks shit at max for most things, but there was 2-3 areas where it dropped to the 30-40 FPS range. There is also a occasional frame drop when using the grappling hook, but it isn't bad.

Some of that shit should be fixed now though, since they released a shit ton of patches since then addressing performance.
>>
>>343419903
Origins, sure. Knight, nah.
>>
I'm gonna do it, /v/. $35 for Knight and Origins. It's happening.
>>
>>343419903
I have a four year old PC with a 680 GTX. Is the game even playable?
>>
>>343420467
>delayed counter,
How delayed?
>>
>>343423354
For the first 3 games? Yes.

For Knight? It will be, but you might want to turn down a few options for it to run at a smooth 60. From what I can see, the game gets about 40-50 on average for a 680 GTX and older CPU.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>343422542
Blackest Night skin was god tier.
>>
>>343423724
City runs very smooth.
I was very enthisiastic about the series but the backslash against Knight optimization stopped me.
If I get only City like graphics and engine with a few plus that would be enough, but I remember seeing people with better rigs struggling with the lowest settings.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>343424141
was good but brightest day was god tier
>>
>>343419903
Asylum > Knight > City
>>
City>Asylum>Origins>Knight
Knight would be better if it didn't have the damn Tankmobile for everything, and if you weren't able to tell who the Knight was immediately if you knew anything about Batman.
>>
>>343425819
>if you weren't able to tell who the Knight was immediately if you knew anything about Batman

that shit seriously was the most obvious plot twist I've ever seen in any form of media.
>>
>>343419903
City>Asylum>Knight>>>>>>>>>>>>>huge power gap>Origins

THIS IS FACT.
>>
>>343425819
I was spoiled by who the Knight was before I played but when I finally got around to it, it turned out to be so obvious anyways I'm actually upset they tried to claim it was a new character entirely.
>>
>>343425819
>>343426263
Citybros UNITE!
>>
if you love one, you'll love them all. stop being a faggot.
>>
File: batglasses.jpg (62 KB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
batglasses.jpg
62 KB, 1024x769
>>343425819
Goat order, anon.
>>
>>343427026
Literally this, if you really liked the other games and need more to scratch your Batman itch then both Origins and Knight are good. Knight is slightly less good with a worse villain catalog and the literally "FUCK YOU" moments by making iconic bossfights into the same generic tank fight. It's basically the Dead Space 3 of the Arkham series where it tried to do something new. Whether it clicks or not is up to the player.

Origins is underrated and over-hated in my opinion. The game had a decent origin story with some really good bossfights compared to the more scenic scripted fights of AC.

AA > AO > AC > AK
>>
>>343425819

Asylum = City

One is much more open and feels way different. Asylum is practically Metroid.
>>
>>343420992
kek what a tryhard contrarian

>>343420576
how hard are the ar challenges
>>
>>343419903
Knight is good despite what the internet says about the PC version, which has been patched up a ton and runs fairly well.
>>
>>343426263
Nope
See>>343425819
>>
Asylum is the only good game in the series
>>
Asylum was great. Good use of tight gameworld real estate, good villain cast that didn't feel like was bloated up for the sake of having villain fanservice, Riddler actually gave out riddles instead of challenge pads.

City was good. Tried cramming too many villains in and the game world was bigger but not as intimately comfy as Asylum. Riddler trophies were much more inspired by ASSCREED shit and management telling them to have an arbitrary high number for marketing reasons which meant you had less fun riddles and instead tripped over a fucking Challenge Pad every few steps.

never played origins since it still doesn't have a GOTY edition. same with knight. Fuck WB/Rocksteady and their love of tiny nickle and dime DLC, you package that shit up.
>>
Origins is a solid game
>>
>>343419903
I can't get Knight to work properly on my computer. It's a decent rig but as soon as I put FPS from 30 to 60 it shits itself and the game is unplayable.
>>
>they've already shit out 4 of these games and are probably going to shit out more until everyone's sick of batman

capitalism was a mistake
>>
>>343419903
Arkham Knight is like Assassin's Creed 4 if the boat sucked ass.
>>
Am I the only one who didn't hate the tank sequences? There were too damn many of them, and the overall driving wasn't great, but I'm about halfway through Knight now and it isn't making the game significantly worse. Imo the biggest flaw is those fucking Riddler trophies
>>
>>343433969
Loved them.
Not enough stealth opportunities in my opinion, some of the towers with goons, two face quests and couple of main story missions, rest is just wrecking a big group of muppets all at once. The most entertaining part is intimidating shumcks, hanging them from gargoyles and whatnot.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.