[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eh. Should I get this pos? I hated DaSII and after playing it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 91HbzjrYu1L._SL1500_.jpg (339 KB, 1204x1500) Image search: [Google]
91HbzjrYu1L._SL1500_.jpg
339 KB, 1204x1500
Eh. Should I get this pos? I hated DaSII and after playing it once never touched it again. I never played the DLCs though (on account of how much I thought DaSII sucked).

Still I'm thinking about getting this, not sure. What do? Is the online still kicking on PS4?
>>
(you)
>>
>>343414697
Maybe. All the DLC areas are a million times better than the main game. The re-balances and enemy/item placement also vastly improves the experience.

That said, it really depends on what you hated about DaSII. If you hated the changes to the core gameplay mechanics and controls then it's not like that got massively changed even in Scholars. If you hated the enemy placement and level design though then maybe, many enemies are remixed into less shitty places and the DLC areas are fantastic and more like DaS1. Personally, even though I also thought it was shit, I just bought it to go back to because DaS3 has shitty replay value in comparison.
>>
>I hate this game, should I get it?

Just shut the fuck up OP
>>
>>343417858
did they at least fix the shitty af hitboxes?

I also hated how i-frames were tied to a stat even though the animation stayed the same but that's obviously not gonna go
>>
>>343414697
>Should I get this pos? I hated DaSII
>I thought DaSII sucked
You should be able to figure this one out on your own, OP.
>>
>>343418464
maybe they improved it idk
>>
>>343418620
They did improve it. But going by what you thought about the original it's the equivalent of putting some sprinkles on a turd.
>>
>>343418324
>shitty af hitboxes
I'm not sure, but that's more a problem with having i-frames tied to a stat. If you level it enough to get a decent amount of i-frames then you don't really notice it.

Why do people say this though? The only hitbox issue I can think of is the fact that the game treats your starting position of your roll as a hitbox for most of the animation, but I've only seen that in action when I have really low ADP.
>>
2 is my favorite, fuck the retarded 12 year old nigger posting that it's the worst one on every thread
>>
>>343414697
>Dark Souls 2
>pos
Kill yourself

>>343417858

>All the DLC areas are a million times better than the main game

Anon there is absolutely nothing special about the DLCs
>>
>>343417858
>enemy/item placement also vastly improves the experience.
Eh, they just added more statues to block your way, placed the keys to the DLC areas in random locations, and some of the new enemy placements, like the ones in the Iron Keep and Drangleic Castle, are just plain awful and nonsensical.
>>
I liked Dark Souls 2 quite a bit, and the DLC content took it to a whole 'nother level.

But, if you're getting it for the next gen, you have to find the keys yourself. If you had DLC content in previous generation, keys were auto put in your inventory.
>>
>>343420461
>Anon there is absolutely nothing special about the DLCs
I agree that DaS2 is good but c'mon, way to make all of us pro-DaS2 fans look like fucking retards.
>>
>>343419059
(You)
>>
>>343414697
Bruh, Dark Souls 2 was great. If you hated it, you should just quit video games. It's obviously not a hobby for you.
>>
>>343420691
How is the DLC so amazing? Crown of the Sunken King had really bad level design, The Old King wasn't any better or worse than the main game, and the Ivory King is the only one that had really good level design.

The real crime is that those DLCs are really short.
>>
>>343418324
>shitty af hitboxes
If your problem was that you couldn't spam without any timing at all roll and be immune to everything then no, they haven't """"""""fixed"""""""" it.
>>
>>343421002
bruh you should eat my ass before you leave /v/ cuz goddamn u a retard

>>343421434
lol the tears of das2 shitters begin
>>
>>343418981
I never knew what ADP was for in my first and second runs lf the game, so I never leveled it. Ever.
>>
>>343414697
>I hated DaSII and after playing it once never touched it again
Nah. You're clearly fucking retarded.
>>
>>343414697
you can't access the DLC til you get to drangleic castle
i was in your exact position so i bought it to tide me over til DS3 but fuck i get to undead crypt or whatever it is and you just lose the drive to play
the game is a trudging mess, a chore to play. and it's LONG as fuck. don't do it to yourself, go back and play BB again or something. do a DS3 challenge run. hell bust out demon's souls.
don't waste your time with this lukewarm, flavourless broth. eat a real meal, play a real game.
you'll regret wasting your time on this mess.
>>
>>343421490
Git gud
>>
>>343421765
>implying das2 was hard
seems u shud take ur own advice m8 ;^)
>>
>>343421732
>you can't access the DLC til you get to drangleic castle
Literally wrong.
You can do a DLC boss as your third boss.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.