[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why would you main a character, anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1437157365357.jpg (116 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1437157365357.jpg
116 KB, 693x693
super smash bros:
>cycle through the character list
>friend only plays shiek
>win every match
>still only playing shiek

Mortal Kombat:
>cycle through the very limited character list
>brother only plays Erron Black
>win most matches
>still plays erron black every match

League of Legends:
>i play almost every champion
>friend of a girl i play with only plays lee sin
>he's toxic as all shit
>all lanes only lee
>no fun to play with

etc, why main anon? why are you so boring to play with? are you trying that hard to hide that you're bad at the game?
>>
File: 1337012402393.jpg (134 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
1337012402393.jpg
134 KB, 446x400
>>343407124
You have autism.
>>
>toxic

Leave.
>>
would you rather be a master at one character or be average at all
>>
i love when people get mad at the word "toxic" used, just reinforces that toxicity in games exists and the people responsible for it are just mad to see it/be called it
>>
Because sometimes that one character is more fun to play than the others. Most likely I've tried out the whole roster and found the small few I naturally click with.
>>
>>343407279
>someone says, in a voice chat, "rekt m8" and other annoying tidbits while also screaming their heads off
>refer to him as literal poison to the human gene pool
>people getting mad cause you used a word that describes someone as poison to the gene pool

sorry i was a trigger of yours friend, would you like a hug?
>>
>>343407817
Why don't you just say retard instead of relying on Red[spam]dit vocabulary?
>>
>>343407306
i figured i would see this, but it's kind of a void point desu.

knowing all the moves of a character doesn't help when fundamental problems aren't being fixed or not mixing up strategies; it's upsetting to watch on my end.
>>
>>343407124
>losing to the same character over and over
sounds like you're shit at games, I bet your friends wish they were playing someone else too
>>
>>343407978
Toxic is a perfect description for what i was referring to
>stop using words i personally don't like
that's a problem on your end, not mine
>>
>>343408242
i think you misunderstood. I don't lose to locals, because they're all bad. I've never met a peer who was good at games.
>>
>>343407124
>Fighting game
Because the scenario can not change in the middle of a match, you ideally stick with one character/team to become most proficient with them. While you focus getting gud with one, you experiment with others every now and then.

>Team based games with established classes/characters/roles
Whether you're locked into to a character in the beginning or can change mid-match, you should have a handful of picks that suit different roles with which you are proficient. In the event someone else picks one of the ones you like, you have one or more others to fall back on to ensure the team is well rounded and has what they need to win and not get their shit slapped immediately.

>Picking X all the time every time
Because I like them. As long as I'm doing well with them (and not like those in your shitty examples), that's all that matters.

>"But have you even once tried playing as Character Y?"
Nope. Maybe character Y is the one that clicks and instantly becomes my new primary pick.
But I don't care. I like X.
>>
>>343408506
I wish i could still feel good about winning in fighting games
>>
>>343408641
I think I'm getting fucked in the brain because I prefer losing to better players than winning 9/10 times. It usually feels like it happened too fast and I didn't really learn anything.
>>
>>343408863
wanting to get better is normal and winning constantly does get very boring.

i used to want to be the best in the fighting games i play, but old friends and people I've met in college have never been able to beat me in a match yet. It's extremely demotivating and I've basically given up on my goal because i lost interest.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.