[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead Space 4 when. It would close the series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: dead-space-3-melee-attack.jpg (55 KB, 600x305) Image search: [Google]
dead-space-3-melee-attack.jpg
55 KB, 600x305
Dead Space 4 when. It would close the series.
>>
>>343405492
Hopefully 2017 release
>>
>>343405492
Well, Dead Space 3 had a shit song.

But the game was alright, Liked some of the ship designs.

Can't understand for the life of me why they are retro with valves and shit as that would of gone out of the window after a few decades of space exploration.

I think some of the space station systems are digital rather than ann.
>>
Im surprised there was no DS trilogy HD release at this point, with these being so popular.
>>
Dead Space 3 already closed the door for me and it should never be opened again, so I locked it and ate the key.
>>
>>343407752
But the story goes on in Dead Space 3's DLC.
>>343407403
I remember entering the ships in DS3 being one of the coolest things I've done in any DS game.
>>343407535
DS trilogy than DS4 right after. Fuck yes.
>>
I'd honestly just rather them reboot the series with a new silent protag.

They fucked up 3 so much, 2 might go down as the best entry ever though.
>>
>>343407535
I don't think it needs a HD release.

the graphics are breddy gud
>>
>>343405492
they are busy working on star wars 1313, they are going to show it the vga this year
>>
I honestly liked 1 more than 2. I think it was spookier, and the decision to give Isaac a voice was a mistake.
Also, Extraction was fun as hell. Too bad they never released the Severed DLC on PC.
>>
>>343409157
Thought that was cancelled 4 years ago.
>>
>>343409261
EA purchase the game ip from disney
>>
I would like story closure, returning to earth and seeing all the moons was fairly interesting. Isaac and other guy wandering around on a necromorph infested earth seems like fun too.
>>
>>343409095
Perhaps just a collection in 60 fps with graphics left alone. Dead Space 4 could be 60 fps too.
>>343408981
I wanted him to stay as a silent protag too but it can't be rebooted cause the story isn't finished with 3.
>>343409225
DS1 is a gem.
>>343409516
That'd be fun.
>>
IMO 1 was all right it was basically an action game based on dismemberment and that made me really satisfied (If you call this horror or spooky hang yourself faggot), 2 Improved the gameplay and I thought the story was still all right.

But then 3 came and I really don't know what the fuck they wanted to do with the game, all the improvements from 2 throw in the trash and summed with the "microtransaction" store in order to bullshit the game made me drop.

I don't think I would want a Deadspace 4 after the shitshow EA did with the studio and the game itself.
>>
>>343409157
I thought this was canceled? I'd like a good SW game
>>
>>343409738
Time to kill myself then, I was pretty spooked out during the intro
>>
>>343409738
>>343409864
The spookiness comes from being on a necromorph infested ship solo. That atmosphere is haunting.
>>
>>343410017
This, 1 had the best atmosphere out of all of them
>>
>>343409743
I hope they stay classy with the game, keeping the characters how they were in the demo, and also the gameplay as it was.
>>
Stomping is satisfying.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7tmuBHUMU
>>
>>343409225
Me too, DS1 was way scarier.
DS2 was great too, funny enough i thought the scariest moment in DS2 was when you return in the DS1 ship
Makes sense.

Oh and DS3 was okay, pretty big letdown though but there was some really good stuff in it
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 624x352
>>343405492
>dead space 4 would probably still have Isaac

It's so dumb, he's been through so much shit he's unkillable, surely there is someone else who they can use because at this point it's remarkable how lucky he is for not being dead yet, even killing a moon sized organism
>>
>>343411625
Agreed with you.

THe 3 had a nice action... it was very satisfying to make a grenade/rocket launcher and blow everything to tiny bits.
>>
>>343411625
That ice planet was damn atmospheric.
>>
>>343410017
Yeah agreed. It got a little trivial when you got off of the ship and got powerful but fuck me, those regenerating fucks were horrifying.
>>
>>343412369
>that's a bad thing

He's a badass that can handle tons of shit through experience. And also, Isaac's the Master Chief of Dead Space.
>>343412447
The weapon customization and mechanics for Dead Space 3 were awesome.
>>
>>343412457
But it sort of ruined the semblance of a horror atmosphere that dead space had. The shit just wasn't even remotely scary. I know that people will give me shit for finding the first two games a little spooky, but they had their moments. 3 abandons that with the co op and the bright, open areas of Tau Volantis.
>>
>>343413010
It just takes me out of it when endless sequels seem to happen and they just add a bigger power creep everytime in order to outdue what happened to the same character in the last game. It becomes DBZ tier. With different characters you can have entirely new setups and character development.
>>
I really enjoyed the series as a whole, even 3 that went full on shootan and action, but honestly I don't want another one after the shit they put in the last one.
Locked Co op only missions, micro-transactions shoved in your face, and the mother of all fucking Jew moves, a dlc ending.
>>
When EA stops being evil.
>>
File: deadspace3_tauvolantis.jpg (993 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
deadspace3_tauvolantis.jpg
993 KB, 1920x1080
>>343413068
Bright parts were just fun, gave a new twist to DS gameplay. It felt out of the ordinary but really unique because it was unusual. Also night time parts of the planet existed in gameplay too, that was pretty scary. Pic related.
>>
>>343405492
I'm calling it right now, if EA brings this series back, they are gonna try to cash in on this new Outlast/P.T. phenomenon. First person, a bunch of puzzles that doesn't make any sense and shit youtubers doing "booh, I'm scared" playthroughs to promote the game.
>>
>>343413247
Same can be said for Uncharted 4, he's been through tons of shot. But that's the point, its the end of a series/wrap up of a story just like Dead Space 4. What you're talking about is a spin-off Dead Space which can be done afterwards. Also, it's a video game for a reason, Nathan Drake has been through tons of shit as well and he's still standing in Uncharted 4.
>>
>>343413652
Maybe it was the human enemies that really bummed me about the game. It just felt like the developers were spurning the facets of the game/the horror element to appeal to a wider audience more familiar with other shooters.
>>
>>343413703
Oh great another "Resident Evil" 7 stunt. I sure hope they won't do that because at least the roots of Dead Space is third person shooter. So they have no excuse to butcher the universe of Dead Space, like they clearly did with Resident Evil.
>>
>>343414431
Also, RE was never first person either, it evolved to third person from overhead view.
>>
>>343412369
>killing a moon sized organism
Dead Space 3 was a mistake.
>>
>>343414397
They probably were. But the good thing is at least they kept it so that it was still Dead Space.
>>
>>343412457
Why would your space suit not have protected you from the cold
>>
>>343414397
Kinda made sense, all the scientology fucks were after you for reasons
>>
>>343416583
Cause they were made for space not for extreme cold. Isaac gets suits that can withstand cold permanently later on like the one in this pic. >>343413652
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.