[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quality of games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: mgsv.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsv.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
It seems like a big part of /v/ only enjoys maybe 10 games per decade
So, is the industry not doing their job properly or are our standards too high?
>>
>>343403832
/v/ is not one person
>>
File: WL_ani_203.gif (31 KB, 96x84) Image search: [Google]
WL_ani_203.gif
31 KB, 96x84
Somewhere between the 2011 wave of newfags and TORTANIC, /v/ basically latched onto an attitude of endless cynicism and excitement at the idea of games being huge flops. It's been a cancer that has sucked away at the life of this board.

Every game on /v/ is the fucking worst shit ever and you're a fucking faggot for liking it you dumb cunt.
>>
Most games are just unfinished piles of hopes and dreams that could have been

>mgsv
>dragons dogma

>10 games per decade

More like 10 per year you stupid fuckboy
>>
>>343403981
>excitement at the idea of games being huge flops
This isn't even true. I can guarantee you that most people on /v/ would rather have a good game than have the "excitement" of shitting on a bad game.
It's just that games don't cater to most of /v/ not anymore, so the perceived quality is no longer there. There are exceptions, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>343403981
yeah, I can see that

>>343403998
do you think you'd go easier on games if they wouldn't be heavily hyped by shills? if you took them for what they are?
>>
>>343404460
i usually dont look into games at all before buying them and just buy whatever looks fun at the moment

there's no place for shilling in my mind so no
>>
>>343403893
>big part of /v/
>one person
>>
>>343403832

budgets have become astronomically bloated

Its bad for the industry. It halts and stagnates creative risk.

Quality has dropped severely due to this. At least its one of the major underlying factors.

The industry needs to find a way to cut those costs and allow entry for smaller studios to compete.
>>
>>343404841

The loudest group is often the smallest and it's been said that the lurker to poster ratio for 4chan is very very high.
>>
>>343404460
>if they wouldn't be heavily hyped by shills
You mean if they weren't ravaged by relentless false-flag shitposting """pretending""" to be shills?
Not the guy you replied to, but when it's so painfully obvious that someone is not actually posting their real opinion on a game, I disregard it, regardless of whether it's positive or negative.
>>
>>343404973
wouldn't small studios count as the indie studios?
if a game ends up being good they become somewhat successful and their game gets noticed
>>
>>343403832
>Standards
>Ever too high
What, i have to explain myself because i don't like to eat shit?
>>
>>343405428

Not even would call it shit
>>
>>343403998
Name 10 good games from last year that wasnt shitposted. Ill wait
>>
>>343405495

*not many would call it shit
>>
>>343405428
Dude, if you can't let yourself enjoy anything, you should probably find something else to do with your time.
>>
it's pretty fucking simple to be honest. People on /v/ don't even like video games, they just talk about them because they're so ingrained into the culture from having very few interests as children/teenagers.

Look at all the shitty "tired gamer" threads that constantly clog up the board. Protip: If you aren't having fun playing any video games, the problem probably isn't the games. Shitloads of good games have come out since spring alone.
>>
>surprised /v/ is contrarian

have the threads in the catalog are thinly veiled /pol/ or /b/ threads
>>
>>343405337
close, but not really. During the PS2/Xbox/NGC era there were a lot of "B Tier" studios that made games that were pretty polished but not exactly AAA, nowadays you either get 2D, incredibly small scale indie stuff or bloated extravaganzas with no in-between.

That said, there are still some B games, like EDF or licensed platinum shit, but nowhere near as much as in the past.
>>
File: 1460509094601.jpg (97 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
1460509094601.jpg
97 KB, 1136x640
>>343403832
We're enjoying fewer games because developers are putting more emphasis on visual presentation, and less is being put into story driven content. So while games look far better than they did 10 years ago, they're also bland, repetitive, and boring.
>>
>>343405527
so 2015?

>mh4u
>BB
>necrodancer
>w3
>life is strange
>boi rebirth
>XCX
>helldivers
>yakuza 5
>dying light

>inb4 bad games

that just goes to show your elitist shit taste
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.