[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of these games? I've only played Flower,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What does /v/ think of these games?
I've only played Flower, and I remember liking it at the time. Journey got critical acclaim too, but perhaps this was this birth of walking simulators?
>>
flow is shit

flower was alright

journey was nice

dear esther was the birth of walking sims; TGC keeps their mechanics to a basic level but they still feel like games with goals and risks
>>
>>343395564
I fucking love Journey. By far it's the best Ico-like vidya. Might change when Abzu comes out next month.
>>
>>343395564
Flower is the most comfortable game ever
>>
Flow was mindless

Journey was retarded as fuck walking simulator praised as deep for some reason. Most fans will claim it to be the best-something since X game. It is literally walking around and sliding on sand. At least Flow presented challenges.

Flower is just pure comfy level. Best played on a large TV.
>>
File: 1440927850606.jpg (47 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
1440927850606.jpg
47 KB, 480x800
>>343396034
>Flow was mindless
>At least Flow presented challenges.
>>
>>343395564
I don't recommend discussing these games on /v/, you can only expect shitposting.

Since you started anyway, Flower was fun but felt a bit repetitive quickly. Journey has been my favourite, and I've yet to play flOw.
>>
>>343398127
kys
>>
they need to port journey to console
>>
>>343395564
They're terrible games. I don't care much for the "experience" part either.
>>
>>343395564
Flow was crap, Flower was repetitive, though Journey was a fantastic experience.

The studio that produced the three was definitely style over substance, unfortunately, and while the games they made were very, very impressive for the hardware (Journey and Flower especially), they were half tech-demos, half games.

The only one I could recommend these days is Journey, with the hopes that you find someone else trying to play the game to share it with, as that's where it shines.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.