[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened to the racing genre? Why did it get s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
What the fuck happened to the racing genre? Why did it get so slow and boring?

Tracks have been getting shorter and flater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszQKv84wbE
>>
>>343392660
Graphics happened. That's their focus now.
>>
>>343392660
I really want a re-release of this game. I can't get it to fucking work on a modern system.
>>
physics improved
even for arcades
so you cant make the same shitty level designs as before
>>
>this video

Press run to win the game.
>>
>>343392660
There's plenty of good modern racing games.
>>
>>343393560
clearly you haven't played NFS2
>>
File: 1415870950177.jpg (25 KB, 640x375) Image search: [Google]
1415870950177.jpg
25 KB, 640x375
>>343392660
>muh ebin 99999mph gotta go fast never slow down
>>
https://my.mixtape.moe/rdzjsl.webm
It's just a different kind of fun you fag
>>
>>343394692
Like what?
>>
File: SamuraiJack.jpg (34 KB, 421x316) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiJack.jpg
34 KB, 421x316
>>343392851
Shut the FUCK up. Graphics have been their focus back then too. You're like those retards on Donkey Kong Country videos that say "back before games were about the graphics." Fuck you and your revisionist history bullshit.
>>
>>343397423
Graphics weren't their focus, graphic were apart of a greater focus to make a fun good looking game, now it's just graphics. that's the focus/ I have not played a fun driving game since Burnout Revenge/Takedown and Outrun 2 C2C/O2,
>>
>>343398309

Do you have Wii?

You should be playing Excitebots: Trick Racing
>>
At first, everyone wanted to make a realistic game for its time, but when sims became an actual thing, like gp-gt legends and shit, arcade games couldnt go back to were they was, and coulndt be more realistic because of its casual demographics, so they became boring shit, compared to fantasy racing like fzero, but also that fantasy fast games had a very high skill celling because reflexes and aplying real racing tactis into it, and then everything went to shit when most wanted introduced a heavy story in this games.
Now need for speed is pure shit, despite trying to go back to the circuit racing, or copy old formulas like street rod making the cars tuneable, wich really saved the genre, but because of FnF and all the "illegal street racing" they had to fall back on the idea because "someone" said it.
Now the stigma is gone, but the damage is unable to repair it.

also shit devs incapable of thinking "why not both" sim and arcade.

At least sims try to be realistic, and nothing else.
But now simcades are a thing, and the sim comunity is now in a fight of what is a sim and what is not.
>>
>>343398469
Yes, I ...forgot about that game completely, I never played it but I had an interest in it a long time ago. Damn, I will check it out now. Thanks.
>>
We need another Outrun but Sega is shit tier now so We won't get one, we'll get a Japan only PSO 3 instead.
>>
>>343392660

DiRT Rally is great.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.