[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: 2000px-Nintendo_red_logo.svg.png (52 KB, 2000x493) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Nintendo_red_logo.svg.png
52 KB, 2000x493
ITT: we discuss nintendos super secret upcoming console.

What would you like to see?
>>
File: MVLacpt.png (49 KB, 395x295) Image search: [Google]
MVLacpt.png
49 KB, 395x295
Make the console powerful, even though if I cared about power, I'd better build a PC.

No gimmicks whatsoever, make a plain and simple console, basically I want a PS4 or Xbone copypaste but with the Nintendo logo slapped on it.

The console must be innovative though, no gimmicks but I want something fresh and unique like VR.

Bring back the third parties, even though I won't buy their games in the end because I love complaining about how AAA games are shit and ports are inferior for my tastes. I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games anyway.

I'm sick of rehashes. Give me new IPs, no matter Nintendo makes plenty of them each gen but, if their aren't big budget and successfull, they don't count and I don't like them anyway.

Stop experimenting new shit with Mario and Zelda, give me a good old rehash of my nostalgia defining games like Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time. Bring back all the niche series nobody but me care about, Nintendo MUST cater only to my special and refined tastes.

The console must also have at least ten 10/10 games at launch, certified by Metacritic, I don't want to buy a console with nogaems at day one.

And then, finally, I'll buy your console. Not at launch though. On a sale. With a game or two bundled. Only if it is successful and it wins Media Creates threads, I hate buying unsuccessful consoles.
>>
File: 1430601379382.jpg (103 KB, 798x643) Image search: [Google]
1430601379382.jpg
103 KB, 798x643
>>343389456
>and it wins Media Creates threads
>>
Honestly though, I want it not to be backwards compatible.
I want to see people being forced to buy a Wii U or a 300+ dollars PC for CEMU to play Wii U games.

And given how they will use cartridges and they want to leave behind the "Wii" brand, my wish is basically granted.
>>
Cartridge based 16 bit RPG/sidescroller system like snes.
>>
Nintendo, no more gimmicks please. I don't even care if your console is under powered. Just make fun games and release it with a NORMAL CONTROLLER.
>>
>>343389456
>>
I might as well dump my shit here

Here goes everything

Confirmed facts
>home console (http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/nintendo-nx-is-a-home-console-next-handheld-codename-revealed-report-841144)
>Zelda BotW as launch title ('different visuals than Wii U')
>'new type of mario' avaliable
>new game by Koei tecmo(http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/koei_tecmo_confirms_that_it_has_nintendo_nx_software_in_development)

Holy fuck we know so damn little

>VERY likely/ partically confirmed stuff
Pikmin 4 launch title
Animal crossing (mobile app supposed to crossover with something)
Dragon Quest XI
Metroid (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx)
Just Dance
Stronger than Wii U (see: Zelda point)

>Some stuff stated by companies, but not confirmed
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/nintendo-optimistic-about-removing-region-lock-for-next-console/
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/15/ubisoft-says-nintendo-nx-will-recapture-wii-players-nintendo-addressing-family-market/
'moving away from Wii Brand'

>Rumours
https://www.twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/74479428038066585 (3rd party devs excited)
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/20/rumour-nintendo-nx-as-powerful-as-ps4-neo-and-announcement-due-september/
Memory cards and Catridges from Zelda trademarks
http://www.techradar.com/sg/news/gaming/nintendo-nx-release-date-news-and-rumors-1289401
Beyond good and evil from Ubisoft
Smash 4 and Mk8 ports
>>
>>343390065
Can you post some NX patents?
>>
>>343389987
Like most games on Wii U being playable with the Pro Controller? Like a good chunk of Wii games being playable with the Classic Controller?
>>
>>343389351
A handheld with a minimum of 720p resolution that can play all their games up to WiiU and I'll buy it.

Interested in hearing about this console/handheld hybrid thing.
>>
>>343390071
And I might remember as well that Botw having "different" visuals doesn't mean "better" visuals. Watch out with your expectations, people.
>>
>>343390071
Why would they said "different visuals" instead of "enhanced visuals"?

It's because the NX is weaker than the Wii U, as it's a handheld.
>>
>>343390403
Because saying 'enchanted visuals' is a comfirmed kick to the nuts for Wii U owners

But by saying 'different' they can just imagine it might be worse to stop their buyer's remorse
>>
>>343390443
Abandoning the Wii U is already a kick in the nuts.

They clearly don't give a shit about the 5 people who own one.
>>
>>343390443
The NX itself is a kick to the nuts of Wii U owners so far. So if they had to say "enanched" they would have said it. They purposely choose "different".
>>
>>343389351
What's the point of speculation threads at this point?

You're wasting your fucking time, just wait for it to either leak or be revealed.
>>
Let old games drop in price to $20 like everyone else, and produce enough of special editions that if I want to give you my money I can for fuck's sake.
>>
>>343390558
This, fuck these threads. Give me more off topic threads about literally whos on twitter.
>>
>>343390546
>>343390403

You guys have no idea how nintendo advertises right?

Look at twilight princess' advertising
>>
>>343390649
To add on, it is also to make sure that the Wii U version gets some copies bought.
>>
Powerful console with Nintendo software that innovates in gameplay rather than hardware. That's literally all they need to do.
>>
>>343390649
It seems more you don't have any idea how PR talking works. But sure. I can't wait for BotW on NX not looking enanched but simply different.
>>
>>343390558
don't post in the threads.
>>
File: 1465073039070.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
1465073039070.gif
1 MB, 209x180
>>343389456
>No gimmicks whatsoever, make a plain and simple console, basically I want a PS4 or Xbone copypaste but with the Nintendo logo slapped on it.

The NX will have a gimmick because Nintendo wants to give their customers an experience they CAN'T have by simply building a PC. That was their philosophy for Wii, and Wii U, although the Wii U was a massvie failure. Witht the advance in technology we get nowadays and new generations of consoles basically popping up every 3 years from now on with the 4k and scorpio consoles will soon fade into redundancy, and noone will want to buy a console if you can't even use it for more than 3 years until it becomes useless.

But with the Wii for example, even with the dated graphics, the games you can play on Wii you can only play that way on Wii, i just hope NX gimmick is something less tedious than the Wii
>>
>>343390649
I remember that all of the advertising for TP was focused on the Wii version. I was originally surprised when I found out it was on GC too.

And now, with BotW, all I'm seeing is Wii U everywhere, with scant of a mention of the NX. Even though it supposedly launches in less than a year.
>>
>>343390718
no, they need third parties.
>>
>>343390784
Yeah, they need third parties to release awful ports of 3 years old games at full price nobody will buy, so they can blame Nintendo for the low sales.
>>
I'm geniunely curious why Nintendo says "We haven't revealed the NX because we're afraid other companies will steal our idea!"

Honestly Nintendo, if you're next console is a handheld hybrid, you won't have to worry. Nobody will steal that.
>>
>>343390784
Third parties come flocking themselves if the system is simple enough
>>
>>343389351
Dunno. Handheld hybrid thing would be nice. The 3DS is really fucking dated.

I want the freeform screen thing as well, if it does end up being a handheld. It'd look gorgeous.
>>
>>343390884
why did wiiu fail?
no one wants an underpowered gimmick machine. that casual market has long since shipped out and moved onto phones, etc. they don't want a premium Nintendo experience. and they're not catering to the "hardcore" audience, so they really have no one left to appeal to. nx will be their last console and after this they'll probably start making games for sony, or steam.
>>
>>343391000
Wii was an underpowered gimmick machine that sold more units than PS3 and Xbox One combined.

Wii U failed because the gimmick was uninteresting and almost never utilized in games, and when it was it was fucking tedious and annoying like Star Fox Zero
>>
>>343390962
>The 3ds is dated

They just released the N3ds 1 year ago, and it's like twice as powerful as the 3ds
>>
>>343390903
When they released motion controls, all other companies did the same, see Move and Kinect.
When they showed the Gamepad for Wii U, Sony made a big deal of Vita as a PS4 "gamepad" and Microsoft started to talk about Smartglass. Of course, the gamepad idea failed and both Sony and Microsoft dropped both the Vita and Smartglass pretty fast. But if the gamepad turned out successful, both Sony and Microsoft would still try to sell you on off-TV play.
So yeah, they are trying to avoid something like that.
>>
>>343391097
I think you're underestimating the importance of his point about the casual market having moved on. The Wii came out before the iphone. It's a different world out there now. The same thing won't work again.
>>
Why is the Wii U not like $100 yet?
>>
>>343390280
No.
>>
>>343389351
An early Emulator for PC, because fuck them
>>
>>343391168
remember the dsi? it had literally 3 games that were exclusive to it.

and they were all terrible. no one makes games for a more powerful version of something.
>>
File: 1467319964193.jpg (63 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1467319964193.jpg
63 KB, 500x495
>>343389351
I would like to see them burn to the fucking ground for all the bullshit they've pulled in the last decade.
>tfw i bought a wii u
>>
>>343391000
There is only one reason the Wii U failed. Bad advertising. It's the only big difference between the Wii and Wii U. Both had gimmicks, both had shitty third party ports, both have more value in first party games, both are underpowered compared to the other consoles.
The only big difference is, the Wii was marketed in a godly way, the Wii U was marketed so badly people thought it was a Wii add on.

It's all about marketing. Nothing else. Same reason the ps4 is selling this gen. Marketing.
>>
The only reason people buy nintendo hardware is for nintendo IP's

All they have to do is release new mario and zelda games for it to do well
>>
>>343391331
>It's the only big difference between the Wii and Wii U

Wrong.

The Wii's big thing was that it popularized motion control as a concept. The Wii was setting trends, and other followed after it.

The Wii U was following the tablet market. IPads already existed, and Nintendo simply couldn't compete with them, so they failed.
>>
>>343391234
Because Nintendo prefers to make a profit out of few units sold rather than selling out a hundred more consoles with less profit.
When the GC was dying, not even multiple pricedrops saved it.
>>
>>343391328
Timestamp
>>
No more NX thread until the piece of shit is actually out
>muh hybrids
>muh cartridges
>muh xbone power
>muh ps4 power
Just saved you the whole fucking thread god damnit
>>
>>343390762
>the games you can play on Wii you can only play that way on Wii
Don't PC's support the Wiimote via Bluetooth now?
>>
>>343391427
The reason the Wii was a trend was because it was well marketed, that's it.
The Wii U followed indeed the tablet market. But it still was marketed like shit. If it was marketed better, tablet market or not, it would have been more successful.
It's marketing, nothing else.
>>
>>343390324
T-Those don't count!
>>
>>343389351
backwards compability that goes back to the NES era
>>
>>343391534
Then report the thread, cuntcopter. If it breaks the rules, you won't see it anymore.
>>
File: 1432178379237.gif (147 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1432178379237.gif
147 KB, 480x270
>>343391656
>If it breaks the rules, you won't see it anymore.
>>
>>343391656
>If it breaks the rules, you won't see it anymore
wew
>>
>>343390324
pro controller was awful.
>>
>>343391097
Wii U tablet didn't even have to be a gimmick.

It could've just been extra info you need at a glance, like a map or quick equip adjustment. And when did they use it like that, it was great.

They should've loaded it up on RPGs and other genres that would heavily benefit from stuff like that.

But instead they tried over and over to shoehorn gimmicks in, to show third parties the gamepad's ""potential"".
>>
>>343389456
That pasta again, everytime.
>>
>>343391586
Explain to me how the Wii U could market itself to compete against the already entrenched Apple and its iPad?

You don't understand, look at the DS and the Wii. Both broke ground and popularized concepts like touch screens in gaming, and motion control.

The 3DS just rode off the coattails of the 3D fad, and sold less than its predecessor, while the Wii U tried to go up against Apple.

Nintendo's success always been when they set trends, rather than follow them. When they follow, they lose out.
>>
What exactly can anyone speculate when no new information gets released between these threads?
>>
>>343391416
and yet they don't. huh.
>>
>>343391735
It really wasn't.
>>
>>343391307
Yes, but for example MH4U is a 3ds game yet it has better textures on the N3DS
>>
>>343391735
>72 hour life span
>Wireless
>Comfortable button and stick placement
>Created for people who bitched about the Gamepad in the first place

Nah, it wasn't.
>>
>>343391331
can't blame everything on marketing. they tapped out that casual audience, their loyal fanbase felt alienated, and moved on to the competition, or quit games altogether. they have a lot of work if they want to get that fanbase back.
>>
>>343391781
Shitposts.
>>
>>343391770
>Explain to me how the Wii U could market itself to compete against the already entrenched Apple and its iPad?
Because it's not just a tablet, it's a whole console. And the Wii U, with off tv play and asymmetric gameplay, can do things your apple products can't do. There.
As you see, the differences are there. But the real problem, the one you keep furiously ignoring and denying, is marketing.
Let's use your precious Apple as example. Their products are shit. Putrid shit. Why do they sell? Guess what, MARKETING.
It's not a matter of following or creating trends. Because the trends starts with marketing. If you don't market something, the trend doesn't fucking exist.
You really underestimate the power of marketing. You give more value to derivative things like "trends", stuff that exist only thanks to advertising.
>>
>>343391792
the classic controller maybe. whichever was for the wii. that thing was a piece of junk. couldn't even plug it directly into the wii. no clickable sticks, no vibration, dpad that rivaled the GCN in awfulness. not to mention those horrendous shoulder buttons.
>>
>>343391735
This, to be honest family members.

That piece of sh*t will never compare to my trusty DualShockâ„¢ 4!
>>
>>343389351
DOA
Nintendo will be finished after this
>>
>>343391879
Despite their pandering to casuals, both on Wii and Wii U there are games made by them that most Nintendo fans appreciate.
The "loyal" fanbase you talk about are just nostalgia-filled people, those that think the N64 and GC were awesome despite being unsuccessful compared to much weaker consoles, ps1 and 2. They are the ones that keep asking for a powerful console, ignoring the fact power means jack shit.
And yes, marketing will always be a big part of a console's success. Not a single best selling console in a gen was badly marketed. And there's a good reason for that. Marketing is more important than power, "loyal" fanbases and whatnot.
>>
>>343391963
>Because it's not just a tablet, it's a whole console

So is mobile gaming now. iPads, iPhones, smartphones in general, they're gigantic.

>Their products are shit. Putrid shit. Why do they sell? Guess what, MARKETING.

Whether or not you like it, the iPad cornered an in-between market for those who wanted something less than a laptop, but more than a phone. It's not just marketing- people didn't just needlessly eat it up because it was there. There was a want for it. Apple's created products before where there was no niche, and they failed.

The variations that the Wii U brought were laughably small compared to what Apple was offering and still offers, while coming in a year later. They had to play catch up.

Honestly, I feel like you took an economics class, and are not just kind of spouting words that you heard.
>>
>>343392210
I like how you quoted two things, didn't even bother to actually argument on them (because if you think tablets being gigantic = console gaming you are nuts, you even ignored the main difference between a tablet and Wii U), and you end your post with a personal throw off and ignored everything else.

It's ok though. It's not easy to admit to be wrong.
Marketing is the main thing. Marketing starts trends.
Allow me to end my post just like you did with yours: if I took an economics class, I'd argue you didn't take classes at all in your whole life.
>>
>>343391982
Classic controller Pro improved many things. But yeah, it's shit compared to the Wii U pro controller.
>>
>>343390071
>optimistic about removing region lock
please for the love of god, do it
please Nintendo
>>
>>343391879
>they have to work
In the current industry you don't have to work at all. Everything is so formulatic they just need to shit out some slightly less shitty version of the competition and thats it
>>
>>343392664
That's a real deal breaker for me. I don't give two shits about power, gimmicks and other trivial shit.
Give me region freedom and I'll love your console. Hell, I don't even care about censorship but with region freedom censorshipfags would have no more reason to complain. Just buy the original uncensored copy and here you go.
>>
>>343392440
You just keep parroting the word "marketing" while ignoring the zeitgeist of what was going on when these products were released.

Name a console that used motion control on the scale of Nintendo in 2006.

There was none.

Name a product that utilized tablet concepts that wasn't Nintendo in 2011.

Apple, and they beat them by a year.

The core differences between the benefits of an iPad and the Wii U tablet are comparable to the Wii Remote and the Playstation Move. Pointlessly nonexistent, except the Wii came out first.

The Wii U wasn't a graphical powerhouse. The argument that it's more powerful than an iPads loses water when you compare the loss of practical uses compared to Apple's product. There was just very little reason to see the tablet as a draw, and the problem being is that that was Nintendo's ace up their sleeve.
>>
>>343392831
The reality is they have no reason to remove region lock.

It's not even there for westerns anyways. There's like 8 people who import games either way.

It's so that they can overcharge for their games and prevent people from importing for cheaper.
>>
>>343391742
>Implying it's wrong
>Implying it doesn't exactly show the out of this word wishes of some people
>>
>>343390762
Well, I do hope they keep parts of the NX gimmick, mainly for the purpose of aiming in shooters.

Seriously, the damn controls for Splatoon are almost as good as keyboard and mouse, it's fucking great. If they kept that with their next controller (Like, make a normal controller but with gyroscope?) I would actually be pretty happy.
>>
>>343393047
>The reality is they have no reason to remove region lock.
I don't know. All their competitors have region free hardware.
There have been petitions and hashtag bombing about the region locking, enough for Iwata to notice it and comment on it.
All their handhelds before the DSi were region free.
I mean, you are technically correct, they are not forced to do it and they have no reason to remove it. But they still could do it.

It's just me or the captcha is crazy today? It opens many layers of transparent shit
>>
File: 1336921211277.png (8 KB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1336921211277.png
8 KB, 270x263
>People shit on gimmicks by Nintendo
>The same people praises VR, despite being a gimmick that needs other gimmicks used by Nintendo already to work, like motion controls, gyroscopes and stereoscopic headgear

Ib4
>Hurr durr implying Nintendo invented those gimmicks
No, idiot. I'm not saying Nintendo invented them. I'm saying Nintendo got shit for using them but apparently it's ok if VR uses them as well.
>>
Just a random heads up.
Nintendo is holding a contest to design a T-Shirt with Nintendo characters.
Fact is, the winner will receive a NX console.

https://www.uniqlo.com/utgp/2017/us/qa
>What are the prizes?
>The Grand Prize is $10,000 + an invitation to the awards ceremony in which Shigeru Miyamoto will participate + a new concept game console NX (DEVELOPMENT CODENAME) from Nintendo specially autographed by Shigeru Miyamoto+ Special commemorative prize
>The 2nd Prize is $3,000 + an invitation to the awards ceremony in which Shigeru Miyamoto will participate + a new concept game console NX (DEVELOPMENT CODENAME) from Nintendo specially autographed by Shigeru Miyamoto
>Runners-up receive $500
>>
>>343394209
How do people go to these invitations anyway. Unless you live close to it or are neet I can't imagine ever finding the time or money to go to one of these
>>
>>343394720
I guess if you win they'll pay the trip ticket for you.
>>
File: 1466736487160.jpg (50 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1466736487160.jpg
50 KB, 550x733
>>343389456
>fresh and unique
>like VR.
>>
>>343393710
But I like VR so it's not a gimmick. See? Simple, isn't it?
>>
>>343395575
>But I like VR so it's not a gimmick
That's exactly how it works, stupid. Gimmick is a derogatory term.
>>
>>343391000
>nx will be their last console and after this they'll probably start making games for sony, or steam.
Same thing has been said literally since the N64
>>
>>343395842
Except it isn't, but keep believing what you want.
>>
>>343395851
Since the snes
Nintendo attracts doomsaying for some reason
>>
>>343395952
>for some reason
Jealousy. Plain and simple.
>>
Director's approval ratings

– Tatsumi Kimishima: 87.14% --> 92.60%
– Genyo Takeda: 95.26% --> 92.07%
– Shigeru Miyamoto: 95.26% --> 92.08%
– Shigeyuki Takahashi: 95.87% --> 94.46%
– Shuntaro Furukawa: 96.38%
– Naoki Noguchi: 94.78%
– Yoshimi Mitamura: 96.81%
– Katsuhiro Umeyama: 97.49%
– Naoki Mizutani: 95.15% --> 94.52%
>>
>>343396929
So Kishima is here to stay? Wasn't he supposed to be just a one year long CEO?
>>
>>343397102
He will stay forever anon

No one dares to vote against him. Watch the approval rating go to 100% next year and the dissenters disappear
>>
>>343389351
https://www.uniqlo.com/utgp/2017/us/qa

>The Grand Prize is $10,000 + an invitation to the awards ceremony in which Shigeru Miyamoto will participate + a new concept game console NX (DEVELOPMENT CODENAME) from Nintendo specially autographed by Shigeru Miyamoto+ Special commemorative prize The 2nd Prize is $3,000 + an invitation to the awards ceremony in which Shigeru Miyamoto will participate + a new concept game console NX (DEVELOPMENT CODENAME) from Nintendo specially autographed by Shigeru Miyamoto Runners-up receive $500

At least we know it's a psychal thing.
>>
>>343397814
Yeah someone posted it already.
>>
wii u with its library is definitely meh. but, if you guys hate it so much, just use loadiine to play their games for free.
>>
>>343396929
But that's wrong. They're reversed.
>>
>>343389456
>No gimmicks
>VR
Make up your mind
>>
>>343389351
We need something like the gamecube again no gimmicks just fucking reliable
>>
>>343392664
I'd really love that to be the case. But for some reason even miitomo is region restricted so I have no idea what they'll actually do.
>>
>>343399169
>We need something like the gamecube again
Yeah, "we" need another lunchbox that will sell less than both the Playstation and Xbox.
>>
>>343399263
I don't think that's very indicative. Many apps are region locked on ios and android.
>>
>>343389456
>The console must be innovative though, no gimmicks but I want something fresh and unique like VR.
This much is true, even if it's paradoxical.It must feel like it's the perfect resonant answer to the unvoiced desires of our generation, but it mustn't feel like it's pandering. Perhaps it's only a semantic difference which can be manipulated with enough marketing, but the marketing itself must be adequate(none of that actual WiiU owners crap).
>>
>>343390071
Smash 4 : Revengeance Ultimate Megamix Turbo Championship Edition
Starring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
>>
>>343400214
&knuckles
>>
>>343400214
>>343400889
Considering that we've gotten Bayonetta and Cloud, it wouldn't be impossible to get Raiden from MGR, Dante and Knuckles for Smash I imagine.
>>
>>343390071
>home console (http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/nintendo-nx-is-a-home-console-next-handheld-codename-revealed-report-841144)
Do you realize that link is not reliable? MH has been confirmed being bullshit, pretty much like the whole rumor behind it.
>>
>>343389456
>no gimmics
>I want something fresh and unique
>>
>>343402414
Gimmicks are neither fresh or unique.
>>
>>343402496
>Home console with motion controls
>Home console with an analogue stick
>Home console with a second screen
>Not unique
>>
>>343403349
>analogue stick
>gimmick
Let adults talk, kiddo.
>>
>>343403615
>Calls other a child
If you were an adult, then you would've thought analogue sticks were a gimmick back then.
>>
>>343403873
Anolog sticks are a positive thing.
Gimmicks are negative things.
Got it, child?
>>
>>343404381
Not ALL gimmicks are good
Vice versa, not all gimmicks are bad
>>
File: 1456066158467.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1456066158467.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
Pic related embodies every discussions about the NX.

Stupid, nonsensical, wishful thinking mixed to autism. There is nothing to say about the NX. There are no fucking actual info about it, just silly rumors created by attention whores. Rumors that even contraddict eachother. NX threads are filled with either shitposters that pretend to hold the truth of the universe or guillible idiots ready to believe every lie they hear.
NX threads are stupid. Like pic related, product of NXfags' mental illness. NXfags think pic related is actually a good and possibile idea.
Don't ever listen to NXfags.

>It's a NX thread
>>
What he says: No gimmicks
what he means: I don't want any new ideas, instead lets have three consoles that are exactly the same but with different games

if you worked at nintendo they would have never made the 3DS or the Wii
>>
Whatever it is, people will go "...that's it?"
>>
>>343390071
Your first "confirmed fact" is in fact a rumor.
>>
>>343389351
Is going to be some gimmick underpowered garbage to lure in the normies like nintendo always does
>>
>>343391586
>The reason the Wii was a trend was because it was well marketed, that's it.
Do yourself a favor, and do research on Wii. It's clear you know nothing about the design philosophy behind it and why it was a success.
>>
>>343409051
That's because faggots can't keep their expectations in check.
>>
>>343409585
Posts like that give the impression you don't know about it either and you are just pretending to be knowledgeable.
>>
>>343409669
Meant for >>343409008
Animu
>>
File: God_and_a_Nintendrone.png (45 KB, 1546x402) Image search: [Google]
God_and_a_Nintendrone.png
45 KB, 1546x402
>>343389456
>No gimmicks whatsoever, make a plain and simple console, basically I want a PS4 or Xbone copypaste but with the Nintendo logo slapped on it.
So you're literally this guy.
>>
>>343409797
not him but the wii was a success because they followed the same blue ocean business strategy and design philosophy in both software and hardware as the DS and NES. the wii u, gamecube and n64 didn't follow the same ideas
>>
>>343411263
The only ones that want that are not Nintendo fans. They are people that dropped Nintendo during the N64 and GC days and they have a stupid perception of the company, filled with nostalgia.
>>
>>343391563
not motion +
>>
>>343411661
They followed the same blue ocean for Wii U too, they said it plenty of times. But it didn't work.
>>
>>343389351
Its a subscription service
I'm calling it
>>
File: sdfg.jpg (13 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
sdfg.jpg
13 KB, 308x308
>>343389456
>VR
>not a gimmick
>>
>>343411963
They're trying the same thing in a different environment. After the Wii all the casuals moved on to mobile games. They're not going to buy a dedicated console when they already have phones.
>>
>>343389351
F-Zero, a Metroid that retcons Other M, another Shadow Pokemon game, more 3rd party shit, and being as easy to hack as the Wii and 3ds. I'm expecting too much and trying to win back the Wii crowd sounds like a disaster waiting to happen because CASUALIZATION. Between that, amiibo, and garbage "localization" I can see myself skipping again.
>>
No sleek design please

Make it a matte brick with a normal controller, not a curvy fingerprint magnet with waggle sticks

Basically go as far away from wii design as possible
>>
>>343411963
No they didn't. They kept saying they wanted the core audience back with the Wii U, blue ocean didn't even come into it, in word or in practice.

https://mynintendonews.com/2011/08/30/nintendo-wii-u-wii-u-will-appeal-to-core-gamers-wii-was-mainly-for-casuals/
>>
>>343412542
>Basically go as far away from wii design as possible
Wii was not sleek. It was a brick.
>>
File: nx console gimmick.jpg (188 KB, 560x726) Image search: [Google]
nx console gimmick.jpg
188 KB, 560x726
Hey guys insiderbro here
I'm going to leak what the new NX controller looks like and you can judge for yourselves whether you like the gimmick or not
you saw it first here
>>
>>343413106
I mean Wii family including the Wii U

I don't want the NX to look like a wii or a wii u, the wii family should die, I want the NX to be an entirely new console family
>>
>>343413528
i like it
>>
>>343413528
Looks pretty bad.
>>
I'd love nothing more than to see Nintendo fail for once and for all. All the gimmicks would end, and the games would be moved to PC where they would get all the love they deserve on Steam.

Nothing's better than buying Zelda game's on steam sale
>>
>>343413861
>Nothing's better than pirating Zelda game's on steam sale, t. Poorfag
Fixed.
>>
It's going to be a seance simulator that lets you contact Iwata and reach higher understanding.
>>
Nintendo has an uphill fight ahead of them. The wii u was a failure by sales alone, some of the games were great but without a install base they didn't receive the word of mouth from the people that bought them. Marketing was horrible, the system received almost no support and very few games were featured outside of directs.

If Nintendo hopes to succeed they need to start marketing now, not three months from now. Five months from now is the Christmas shopping season, everyone will be shopping for that gift for little timmy, he'll want what his friends have. He won't care to wait for march 2017 for a new system when the ps4 and xbox will have holiday discounts making them more affordable and a popular buy.

From a business standpoint Nintendo is doing more of the same, no matter how much they shout about "change". They refuse to market their system early for fear of copycats and except for a few, they continue to play it safe with their strategy which isn't working.

tl;dr They can be successful but don't even realize how to go about it.
>>
File: 1463448290864.jpg (60 KB, 346x440) Image search: [Google]
1463448290864.jpg
60 KB, 346x440
>>343406576
>>
>What would you like to see?
I would like to see Nintendo use Nvidia hardware and get fucked in the ass by them in the long run. It makes for delicious drama when two cancer fanbases get into each others' throats.
>>
>>343414832
I like NX threads. But people in it, oh boy, they're damn stupid. Like you.
>>
>>343414832
I don't see how this applies, he's completely right. him saying a few mean words is no reason to post this
>>
>>343391735
Fuck no.

Best buttons, best dpad. Sticks were alright
Go Kill yourself
>>
>>343406576
This is pasta.
>>
>>343390780
Quite the opposite. With every mention of BotW they mention the NX. People are only talking about the Wii U version because they have been playing the demo, this is unlike TP on gamecube. Nintendo will advertise the NX version as the definitive one because the Wii U is a dud
>>
>>343390403
No. It could have a different art style, or it's just a poor translation
>>
>>343416458
>it's just a poor translation
Brace yourselves for the tears, guys. The NX reveal will be a trainwreck.
>>
>>343416659
does not follow
>>
It's a fucking console with a proyector

You read it here first
>>
>>343389351
It's over, more kiddy shit incoming.
I thought Nintendo was doing the right thing with the WiiU. It's obvious we are no longer the target demographic for their games. I'm tired of supporting these guys, I'm just going to play BotW amdd that will be it for me in regards of Nintendo shit.
>>
>>343416850
whats a proyector
>>
File: top kek.jpg (138 KB, 1075x603) Image search: [Google]
top kek.jpg
138 KB, 1075x603
Let's say you were put in charge of Nintendo.

How would you entice third parties into making games for the NX, and not just ports of games that have been out for a while?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>343417470
>muh 3rd party meme
I'll entice third parties by selling millions of consoles and 3rd parties can answer to me after admitting they made a mistake abandoning us
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 736x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 736x420
Reminder, unlike Wii and Wii U, the NX isn't based on technology that already existed tech wise

We are confirmed that that it will be a modern chip by 2016 standards

So it's not far to say it'll be near or surpass PS4 since it's 2013 tech

It'll be on par with Neo and Scorpio, at worst it'll be the weakest, but not a major gap like Wii U was to PS4, but more like PS2 back in 7th gen

The fact that Sony and Microsoft are doing half gen upgrades are giving Nintendo the chance to catch up

We back in business boys, new gimmick and powerful tech
>>
>>343417470
Moneyhat. Exactly like Microsoft and Sony do.
>>
>>343417890
>We are confirmed
No we aren't. Everything concerning the NX is speculation.
>>
>>343417890
>We are confirmed that that it will be a modern chip by 2016 standards
Source?
>>
>>343389456
even if your post is ironic, this is LITERALLY the nintendo fanbase, that's why they are fucking doomed from the get go
>>
File: u fokken wot luv.jpg (57 KB, 687x795) Image search: [Google]
u fokken wot luv.jpg
57 KB, 687x795
>>343417853

>I'll entice third parties by selling millions of consoles

And how will you do that?
>>
>>343418210
no it isn't
>>
>>343417470

Anything short of "here is a console superior to the others in every way imaginable" is going to eventually fuck them. They could just become a games publisher and would probably be considerably better off in the long run but that is a step down for them so they'll never do it, plus they still have a footing in the handheld arena. Right now they should probably focus hard on that and how to make the handheld experience better rather than focusing on a traditional home console since they don't seem to want to outdo the others. They have to create a device that can cater to a crowd as expansive as the mobile games crowd while offering the level of performance similar to the power of those devices while without selling at a loss because it's Nintendo and they're not going to do that. Since I'm going to go out on a limb and say the vast majority of mobile gamers also use that device for so much more than gaming, Nintendo has their work cut out for them to convince those users they need a second mobile device, which is... kind of against the whole spirit of that type of thing. A handheld with the power of a WiiU that can display over televisions with a dongle and you can take it with you, combined with the continued development of their social network and possibly with android app integration could do it, but I don't think that would fit the "don't sell at a loss" methodology that Nintendo has. Tho I'm not Nintendo so what the fuck do I know
>>
>>343418251
>overwatch shitter
By following the NES, DS and Wii philosophy
>>
>>343417890
>We are confirmed that that it will be a modern chip by 2016 standards
Modern smartphone chip.

That doesn't mean it will be anywhere near even the Xbox One.
>>
>>343418397
The SNES didn't follow that philosophy and yet it was very successful.
>>
>>343418463
>smartphone chip
That was just a rumor as well. Confirned my ass.
>>
>>343418397

>Wii philosophy

And what gimmick will it be this time, then?
>>
>>343418597
It will be a pleasant surprise up your bumhole when it's announced.
>>
>>343418506
Not as successful as the NES or Wii or DS

>>343418635
The gimmick will be games that the general public like.
>>
>>343418397
NES and Wii were very much "right place, right time", and the DS was the continuation of the already hugely successful handheld chain, they won't admit it but that's the case. SNES fed off of the momentum of the NES until CD-based consoles took the reign and then they fucked up with cartridges.
>>
>>343417853

>abandoning us
>us

You work at Nintendo?
>>
>>343418725
where is your reliable source that's not a rumor
>>
>>343389456
10/10 quality post
>>
>>343418725
Why do you think it's anything more than a rumor though?
>>
>>343391307
Is this gonna be the story of the XB1 S and PS4.5?
>>
>>343389351
NX needs a really strong launch line-up

Zelda NX
Splat2n
3D Mario
Just to name a few. It also needs fucking third parties.
>>
>>343419106
>3D Mario

fucking give me this nintendo and ill buy your damn console
i was stupid for buying a wii u before one was announced but now that its hackable i think its worth the purchase
>>
>>343418962
if it makes Nintendo look bad it's 100% true
>>
>>343418830
>NES and Wii were very much "right place, right time"
no, they all followed the blue ocean business strategy meaning they meditatively and deliberately expanded the market. the DS followed this same strategy which is why it amassed over 150 million unit sales. If it was just a continuation how did it almost double the GBA sales even with good competition? The GBA didn't have a touch gimmick or software like nintendogs or brain training. It would not have sold as well if it was a GBA 2.

>>343418854
The post I replied to said "Let's say you were put in charge of Nintendo." so that's how I worded it. Learn to follow reply chains
>>
>>343417853

The sold millions and most of what it got was shovelware.
>>
The only smart posts in the thread are the ones mentioning advertising.
>>
>>343419560

*The Wii sold millions
>>
>>343419560
same with every successful console ever. no idea why people think the wii was unique in this regard
>>
>>343419667
Ask /v/ to name 10 or 20 or 30 PS2 games
>>
>>343419568
the n64 and gamecube were marketed heavily especially in the US, it's truly a mystery why they didn't sell as much as the Wii!! Sure the Wii was only successful because of muh marketing!
>>
>>343420143
>the n64 and gamecube were marketed heavily especially in the US
Not nearly as heavily as the PS1 and PS2. Two heavily marketed consoles.
>>
>>343419715
So? ask them to name their favorite wii and DS games too
>hurr but its all le shovelware XD
opinions. and I guarantee 90% of them are made by nintendo so you can throw your 3rd party meme right in the garbage
>>
>>343420254
You can market a piece of shit all you like. it's still a piece of shit and consumers won't respond to it unless it has software worth getting. it's certainly not going to sell 100 million units
>>
>>343420687
The Wii was a piece of shit and it sold 100 million units. Same is happening to the PS4. Same happens with Apple products.
It's about advertising in this world. As you said, you can market a piece of shit. And if you do it well, people will buy it regardless of what it is.
Lovely how your "N64 and GC were heavily marketed" point got destroyed and you are avoiding it.
>>
>>343420595
Okay.
>>
>>343419476
Ehh, I call doubt that the "Blue Ocean" strategy was solely responsible for that. Starting off, I can only speak for what I saw here in America, but before the NES released consoles here were woefully underpowered in comparison and personal computers weren't all that popular yet. They filled that gap with the NES which they had already developed in Japan beforehand. They remodelled the look of the console and controller before selling it to appeal to a different audience than the original. It took off like wildfire here mostly because of that gap (right time and place) and developers saw this and followed suit in pursuing development. This happened again with the Wii, because MOTION CONTROLS! WOW MOTION CONTROLS THIS IS NEW AND EXCITING! after everyone had their fill of a few generations of increasingly complex controllers, which tended to turn off people were weren't already into games. This created the second gap, which was accessibility into gaming. They developed the Wii remote to cater to this gap by leaning in on intuitive motion vs. MORE BUTTONS. It's the same reason touch devices took off (and probably why the DS did so well!), which is that the barrier to entry in terms of input is lower overall. Yeah, it jives with Blue Ocean, but the main reason is because these gaps existed, and at least in the NES's case I don't really think they were even aware of it which is why I call doubt that the NES fell under Blue Ocean at all. They certainly weren't lauding it at the time. I'm not saying they're lucky I'm just saying that implying that they did all of this under the Blue Ocean strategy is a bit disingenuous.
>>
>>343421056
>The Wii was a piece of shit and it sold 100 million units
Apparently it wasn't a piece of shit then.

/v/'s opinions are so disconnected from reality. This place rivals even reddit in terms of being an echo chamber. If you read it on 4chan enough it must be true!!

The Wii was a great console that successfully created a gimmick/purpose and delivered it. That's obviously not allowed here so it was a failure. The best selling, most popular failure ever.

Wait, could it be because it was popular it was shit? Uh oh.
>>
Nintendo blew their normie load with the Wii

If they put out another underpowered gimmick machine they might as well just get out of consoles now
>>
>>343421056
The competition marketing their consoles wouldn't have made nintendo's sales drop to an embarrassing 30 million and 20 million units. They didn't have software the public wanted, that's it. Even the Xbox sold more than the gamecube and that wasn't marketed as well in the US.
>>
>>343421179
To elaborate on this further, I think something like Skylanders is more of a Blue Ocean success than the various successful Nintendo consoles were. Skylanders was developed to create a new market of toys that interact with games in order to outsell competitors in both arenas, and it was successful in doing so. They created the whole market for it, which now Disney tried to compete and Nintendo is currently competing in.
>>
>>343421179
A gap is a blue ocean
>>
>>343421740

Ok but I don't want to admit that
>>
I'm hoping for solid state media, hopefully something about the size of credit cards.
>>
>>343417890

You better fucking hope so

Nintendo has been trash these two years and the Wii U IS a failure regardless of how many great games there is
>>
>>343422236

A financial failure

An innovation...uh... failure

An... artistic? Entertainment? success

Yay?
>>
>>343389351

Bring pack expansion ports. In the previous generations, it wasn't that important but with tech going as fast as it is the ability to plug in better hardware would be much appreciated.
>>
>>343389351
It's all about the well known "pause" function.

You see, the games will have something very specific when this button is pressed. I don't know what they'll call it, it won't simply be "pause". Once you press it, the system will trigger a special function that will allow you to play games in a very unique way. And don't forget the obvious integration with current Nintendo systems.

Don't ask where I got this information. You may screencap for future reference.
>>
>>343422435
Hello, asspull.
>>
Interesting thing about Reggie's statement

He simply mentioned content and games that will possibly be on NX to justify

Notice he didn't mention the Wii or Wii U of where they want to follow

He had this conversation back in 2013 about Wii U

He said same thing about content and not specs, except he was specifically using the Wii as an example for justification of the Wii U

He didn't do the same here, he didn't mention Wii or Wii U for justification or example
>>
>>343422626
hello
>>
>>343422626
I'll be laughing at you this September. Just wait and see.
>>
>>343422435
>>343422725
You didn't even predict anything of substance, just that button would do something "unique".
>>
File: 0QAyDoC.jpg (769 KB, 3884x2602) Image search: [Google]
0QAyDoC.jpg
769 KB, 3884x2602
>>343389351
The next generation in input and interactivity. They kinda pioneer that. From the analog stick, to rumble to motion control. I need to know when the dick and anus input is coming. Nintendo will be the first to do it properly
>>
>>343422435
hmm what is this "pause" function you speak of
>>
>>343422834
pussy comes first
>>
File: Holeup.jpg (55 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
Holeup.jpg
55 KB, 480x720
>>343422956
>pussy comes first
What are you queer? Who cares about when a pussy cums
>>
>>343422956

They've already created the Wii remote
>>
>>343423056
that's not what i meant!!
>>
>>343389351
Nothing. After the Wii U I'm done with them for good.
>>
>>343422634
They have been clear about leaving the Wii brand behind.
>>
>>343422349

The only success it did was off tv play and Amiibo
>>
>>343423171
nice blog post
>>
>>343423171

>after following a successful console

Nintendo is just doing what anybody would've done, you can't blame them

Now that the Wii U showed they can't simply follow a successful console they can't just mimick
>>
>>343423598
>>343423813

Hey whatever. Enjoy playing New New Super Mario NX and Mario Kart 100 or something.
>>
>>343424124
yawn
>>
>>343424230
Playing with your Wii U? Or your mom?
>>
All I know is that Nintendo is being way more secretive than they ever have been. It means one of two things:

First scenario is true innovation: Like Miyamoto said, they're playing with someone brand new to the industry and unproven as of yet. They're worried about imitators and want the NX to be the ONLY console that will feature it.

Or the second scenario: Nintendo was unprepared for revealing the NX and have been forced into a rushed schedule and now are just waiting for the final design of the console before the reveal event.

I'm really hoping it's the first scenario.
>>
>>343418210
It's more a parody of those that aren't actual Nintendo fans and writes dumb or contradditory requests.
>>
No fucking VR why do you keep keeping this meme alive?
Nobody fucking cares about VR
>>
>>343425328
Well, no one except horny VRfag.
>>
>>343425730
to be fair, VRporn is fucking great. Kinda wish I had some goggles just for porn honestly.

Not paying that fucking premium though.
>>
>>343426256
>VR porn is fucking great
Being this pathetic
>>
File: 1355122101441.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1355122101441.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>343426557
why so salty? You don't even need a VR headset to enjoy VR porn, google cardboard does it just fine and that's like 5 bucks.

It's not as good of course, I wish I had higher res I could play at 60 FPS.
>>
>>343419440
Why would it make Nintendo look bad to use nvidia hardware?

Are you a moron?
>>
>>343427508
>Why would it make Nintendo look bad to use phone hardware for their next gen console?
Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>343417890

This
>>
>>343427657
Nintendo always had Shit tier CPUs, nothing about this will change whether they use phone CPU or whether they use Gamecube CPU.

At least this time they will have a decent GPU.
So, again why does this make Nintendo look bad in anyway compared to normal?
>>
>>343427917
>nintendo is always shit so saying it will keep being shit does not make them look bad
Ok shitposter.
>>
>>343428675
If this is how you're thinking then the Wii U and the Wii made Nintendo look bad too.

But for some reason you were fine with those two consoles though.
>>
>>343429134
>But for some reason you were fine with those two consoles
Says who? My last home console was a GCN.

>the next Nintendo console will be shit
>stop shitposting
>it's not shitposting because their consoles are always shit
>>
>>343427917
>Nintendo always had Shit tier CPUs
Except for the N64.
>>
>>343399972
>Many apps are region locked on ios and android.
Except you can download them and install them just fine, you just can't get them officially from the store, you have to find the APK(Which you can get from pretty much any site) and then install it. It's what I do for the Kamen Rider apps. Hell, for iOS you can just lie about everything and make a JP account to download stuff on and just play them on your other account. The only thing you need the JP account for is updating the app.
>>
>>343390065
I thought this was loss
>>
>NX
>X
>10
Nintendo partnering with tencent for some android crap.
>>
>>343417890

Modern chips mean nothing

Others are already comparing it to Xbox One Nintendrone
>>
Dream list:
Console
>4k blu ray playback
>New controller that doesn't suck
>Full backwards compatibility
>Powerful enough to play zelda at 1080p 60fps
Handheld
>Single 720p screen or better
>As powerful as wii-u
>still backwards compatible
>Cross buy with console
>>
File: tmnt mikey.png (175 KB, 325x408) Image search: [Google]
tmnt mikey.png
175 KB, 325x408
good graphics
new franchises
good sequels
third party support
great exclusives
no gimmick
>>
>>343389351
>What would you like to see?
Games. If it has games it'll be better than the Wii U.
>>
>>343389351
I just hope there's no gimmick and that Nintendo doesn't fall for the VR meme.
Give me a comfy console where I can play in my couch Zelda BotW
>>
>>343391000
Considering their cheap and casual business mentality now, there's a higher chance they'll jump to smartphone shit than something that actually requires budget and hardwork, like being a third party for Sony or Steam.
>>
The gimmick might be 3D
>>
Why do so many people want the NX to just be a PS4 / XBone clone with Nintendo games? Do you honestly think offering the exact same shit as their competitors would be successful?
>>
>>343436238
My source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4qnmhr/nintendo_nx_a_3d_home_console/
>>
>>343436615
>reddit
>>>/out/
>>
>>343436795
Are you serious? Who fucking cares where the information comes from. You people are autistic I swear.

https://www.google.com/patents/US20150309571
There, happy now?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.