[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have games with pre-rendered backgrounds and FMV aged the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Have games with pre-rendered backgrounds and FMV aged the worst of them all?
>>
>FF7, FF8, FF9 remastered
>backgrounds aren't rendered in higher resolution because they lost the original files
JUST
>>
no. Resident Evil Zero and REmake for Gamecube are the best looking games from the early 2000's, and they used pre-rendered backgrounds

Every PS1 game that used prerendered backgrounds looked better than every PS1 game that didn't
>>
>>343387869
Didn't this game get a bit lewd?

>>343387969
Yeah, That happens with most games.

They will lose the files then hire artist to rebuild them from scratch.
>>
>>343387969
>>343388069
Square just deleted all their source code and game assets for FF7 as soon as they were done. Jap developers considered it wasteful to keep them.

Why the fuck couldn't they have just kept at least one backup of all their shit in like a binder of CD-Rs or something, at the very least?
>>
>>343388054
On consoles, perhaps, but I feel that prerendered background just don't work with old PC games. If it's polygonal 3D, you can up the resolution, apply texture filtering and AA and it will look okay, but if it's prerendered backgrounds, have fun with shitty 800x600 screens where you can't tell the background from interactive objects.
>>
>>343388210
Well, They did take up a lot of space then.

As for completely deleted that's not entirely true, if you've ever been in the industry all companys use programs that create muitplyer different copies for each person.

Like there was a movie that is a good example, a women was at home after giving birth and they lost everything at work and because she was doing work on the film at home they had the entire project saved there.

Now its pretty common but around 1998 it wasn't.

Hell, Even games from dead studios like timesplitters developers who worked there have the game backed up on their computers even the unreleased one.
>>
>>343387869
Nah, early 3D games aged the worst. Like N64 games.
>>
>>343388490
Toy Story is the movie you're thinking of, I think.
>>
>>343388929
Not N64, most of those are still somewhat good looking.
But PS1 "3d" games? Jesus christ, they look like utter fucking shit. They looked like shit even back then, but now? God.
>>
>>343388069
>lewd
All I remember is a devil literally cracking open this woman's skull with his bare hands, from a first person perspective.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.