[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Oath in Felghana is the third game in the series right? Will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: y's.jpg (195 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
y's.jpg
195 KB, 800x600
So Oath in Felghana is the third game in the series right? Will I miss anything or should I start with Origin? Which is the better game anyway?
>>
>>343382530
Origin came out later, and it's set like a thousand years in the past, so it's not that tightly related to Felghana. Actually there's no big overarching story, and pretty much all games are self-contained.
Felghana is a popular favorite, but I liked Origin more. It's a more polished game, has different playable characters, each with their own storyline (only one of them is canon though), and I simply don't like Adol.
>>
>>343382530
You can start anywhere in the series without having worry about missing out on anything story related aside from ys 1 and 2 since they're directly connected. Ys origins has the bumper car combat which is definitely not for everyone. I recommend starting with oath in felghana, and branch out from there.
>>
>>343383125
I meant ys 1 and 2 have the bumper car combat. My mistake
>>
>>343383125
>Ys origins has the bumper car combat
You're confusing it with Chronicles (Ys 1+2).
>>
>>343383125
Ys Origin is pretty connected to I & II so you should play it afterwards. And your post is wrong, the bumper car gameplay games are I, II and IV.
>>
You should play Napishtim first to get an appreciation for the refinement in the combat system
>>
>>343383242
Yeah, I realised I made that mistake after I hit posted it.
>>
>>343383289
But what if he doesn't like it. Then he'll never try the masterpieces Origin and Oath.
>>
>>343383406
*shrugs*, I recommend Napishtim first since some people who play Felghana first can't appreciate older games. But if you play older games first you might get turnt off because it's less refined.
>>
>>343382530
I started on oath and was fine. The few things they mention from the first game you can pick up on rather quick.
>>
>>343383064

I tried Origin, but i didn't like the ramming combat
>>
>>343384512

Whoops, so did I >>343383242
>>
Someone please teach me how to git gud. Am I really supposed to hit the first boss 285 times without getting hit more than once?
>>
>>343384930
No, go back and gain a level or two.
>>
>>343384930
Levels matter a lot in Ys, try grinding a little. 1-2 levels should do the trick.
>>
>>343384930
If you tried hitting every body part of the boss and you do less than 15-20 damage, you're probably just underleveled.
>>
>>343382530

Oath is kind of separate, I mean, there are some things you may slightly miss on having not played Ys I and II and Origin and even VI (I don't know about IV or V as I've not played them) as Oath in Felghana is a remake of III that was made after VI.

Like I know the last boss of Oath/III is related to the plot of VI. I can't remember exactly how.

Really for theg games available on PC I'd play them in the order of I, II, Origin, VI, Oath

But if all you have is Oath, you won't miss a TON from not playing the others.

Ys I will make Dogi and Adol's relationship in Oath make more sense.

Ys VI will make the last boss of Oath make more sense.

and Ys Origin provides a lot of background for Ys I and II but it doesn't entirely make sense until you've played I and II to begin with.
>>
>>343383550

I started on Oath and got the gist of most things, but then I played Origin, then I and II, then I realized some connections after playing I and II, played Origin again after I and II and thought it was much better especially after doing the Toal route, initially I'd only done the Hugo route, then VI, then Oath again.

and I think that's the order I think works best. I, II, Origin, VI, Oath.

I wouldn't recommend playing Origin before I and II unless you absolutely cannot stand bumper cars, because everything in Origin makes so much more sense after having played I and II, the character names, some of the items, it all comes back and you're just like, "OH! I remember that!"
>>
>>343386706
Wut, Ys VI being crucial to Ys III is quite a reach out. I don't think Ys III is connected at all, while IV-V-VI-VII are connected to the Eldeen plot.
>>
>>343387479

Actually, the last boss of Oath has a LOT to do with the Eldeen plot and Ys VI.

First, Genos was an Eldeen himself, Galbalan refers to his white wings before you fight him. Galbalan also refers to the "dark ones" (clan of darkness) that created him and sought to make him their slave (meaning he's an Ash Emela construct). Finally he says he will reclaim the Black Ark, and regain his true power.

That stuff won't make sense to you until you've played VI in particular.

Ys I will help you understand Dogi and Adol being friends mostly.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.