[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The more Sony shows off the more mediocre this game begins to look.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 20
File: 1460068028179.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460068028179.png
2 MB, 1280x720
The more Sony shows off the more mediocre this game begins to look.
>>
>>343374632
Looks k
>>
>>343374632
t. PC """""gamer"""""""""
>>
From the very beginning this shit looked like the part of Far Cry where you grind wild animals for crafting parts but instead it was the entire game. Robbits are cool but you're not even hunting them in a neat environment, it's your standard deciduous forest open world fare.
>>
>>343374632
And it will still sell very well.
>>
>it's a "I'm cool because I'm contrary" episode
>>
>>343374834
I have a PS4, retard.
>>
>>343374632
Eh, it'll be a decent open world game with good art direction and design.
>>
>>343374632
interested in it when it was announced
delayed to 2017
wake me up when its out
thx brah
>>
All cinematic games are mediocre, not just Sony ones, although Sony is known for pushing story over gameplay the most.

Teenagers still buy that shit en masse though.
>>
>>343375032
Is cinematic the new weeaboo? Like it has lost all it meaning at this point.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 567x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 567x642
Every game can look mediocre but all that matters are those sales, baby!
>>
>>343375186
its almost as if video games are a for profit industry
>>
>>343375032
It would be more accurate to say that all western games have gone to shit, not just cinematic shit.
>>
>>343374632
The more I see the less interested I become. The reveal trailer was pretty good, then I saw the second trailer and I lost some interest. Then I saw more and more gameplay and it seems pretty bare-bones to be honest. Based on gameplay shown already, it doesn't have a stable framerate and the dialogue is kind of shit. That dialogue wheel segment in the E3 demo was laughably bad. Pretty much looks like we've seen all there is to gameplay and Guerrilla Game isn't known to make good anything outside of grafix.
>>
>>343375279
I wasn't even being sarcastic. People can bitch and moan all they want but the money is what talks. But you know that.
>>
>>343375516
No fucking shit, everybody known that. CoD and BF are shit game series yet they keep getting sequels and spinoffs because people keep buying them. This thread was about game quality, not sales.
>>
>>343375290
>the dialouge is kind of shit
You heard 1 character interaction and the dialogue wheel showed a sidequest. How many sidequests did you want from that interaction to be considered ''good''?

The gameplay shown already didn't cover half of the game has, the demo didnt explore the skill tree, the crafting system, the range meele attacks nor the full catlaouge of weapons.

You're such a fucking contrarian it hurts, there are many other visible flaws this game has but you chose to be vuage because have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

You want to see a barebones tech demo with no gameplay? Check out Zelda breath of the wild fire.
>>
>>343375662
>the crafting system
When has a game ever had a good crafting system?
>>
>>343374632
Who cares? This game looks shit anyways. FF15 is the real hype.
>>
>>343375602
The game honestly looks fine. No one here has played it, but everyone will complain. It's the /v/ thing to do.
>>
The complete opposite really, the more I see the game the more I'm interested in it.
>>
File: link-confused.jpg (19 KB, 298x348) Image search: [Google]
link-confused.jpg
19 KB, 298x348
>>343374632
Honestly? After the new Zelda was revealed, and it looked like it was doing this exact premise but far better, i don't plan on getting this.
>>
>>343375957
What dose Zelda even do better?
>>
>>343375808
You don't need to play a game to see that it looks mediocre.
>>
File: 1399614706830.jpg (22 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1399614706830.jpg
22 KB, 512x384
>8 hours long
>70/100 on metacritic

Calling it now. Everything they've shown so far looks way too on-rails.
>>
I honestly wonder about anyone who thought this looked good to begin with.
>>
>>343376035

You don't need to play a game to make useless shitposts, either
>>
>>343375781
The Witchers series had pretty good ones. Besides 3's booze replenishes everything system.
>>
>>343376035
I've played a good amount of shitty-looking games and I had a blast so I don't know my man.
>>
>>343376031
Variety of weapons, locals, art direction, and the size of the open world. Obviously, I'd need to get my hands on both to feel the mechanical differences for combat and such, but from what we've seen Zelda looks like the better game.
>>
>>343374632
I thought it looked and played great at e3, the enemies look like a blast to fight and im intrested in the plot

Have a gripe with the dialoug wheel

Lol but this is /v/ every game on earth sucks here
>>
>>343374632
I loved Killzone 2 and 3 but I also understand they weren't exactly fantastic games either.

I don't think Guerilla is a true AAA company bro.
>>
>>343376035
>He says this after MGV is released
>>
>>343374632
>The more Sony shows off the more mediocre this game begins to look

And the less likely I am to buy a PS4 just for one game.
Surely by now everybody knows they have a vested interest to overhype exclusives in order to shift hardware but who hasn't already bought into one system already? What's the point?
>>
>>343376152
"""supposedly""" all of the trailers are much more scripted than the gameplay demo that was available at E3, for marketing purposes.
>>
>>343374846
2 million

Why though? Being exclusive at this point in the console cycle just wastes sales. Everyone has already bought a PC or a console by now.
>>
>>343375662
All the dialogue that Aloy has with herself and robots is shit, the dialogue she has with that one guy running away was shit, and the dialogue she had with her father in the trailer was shit. Based on first impressions of videos that Sony has shown off, the dialogue seems to be mediocre at best.

We've seen almost all there is to combat already. Aloy has a bow, a slingshot, and a spear to fight with. We've seen item gathering and we've gotten a glimpse at crafting. If you haven't you're retarded because you haven't seen the gameplay demos showing it off yet. We've basically seen everything in regards to combat.

>>>343375662
>You're such a fucking contrarian it hurts, there are many other visible flaws this game has but you chose to be vuage because have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

This meme again? First off, retards like you don't know what the definition of contrarian really means. It means you just dislike something that is liked, it doesn't mean you dislike something popular because it's popular. By definition, everybody is a contrarian because everybody dislikes something that is popular.

Lastly, I already did that. I talked about the poor first impression dialogue, the poor frame pacing, and the simplistic combat system. What other things should I be complaining about then, anon?

>You want to see a barebones tech demo with no gameplay? Check out Zelda breath of the wild fire.
The BotW demo was nothing but gameplay, I don't know what you're even trying to imply here. It had a better gameplay demo than Horizon did. Why are you even mentioning that game? It's irrelevant to the topic at hand.
>>
>>343376338

>Variety of weapons
Horizons weapon true variety hasn't even been shown yet but considering you can blow off a Dinosaurs rocket launcher and use it against him I'd say Zelda has to do more than typical bow, spear and axe combinations to touch Horizons weapon variety. Also from what we've seen the enemy AI and the animations are all far more technically superior, even basic melee attacks look way better.

>locals
??

>Art direction
Zelda looks like hot garbage right now, thee games colour pallet is inconsistent and unaesthetic/washed out, it's also no real accomplishment on a technical level compared to the artstyle and the technical detail Horizon is pushing. Go look at a game like Abzu to see cell shaded done correctly and properly. Zelda looks like a cheap knock off in comparison, it's artstyle is inferior in almost every way.

I honestly hope you're just trolling.
>>
>>343376031
Everything but graphics.

>>343376232
>anything that I disagree with is a shitpost

Epic.
>>
>>343376948
I like something you don't, so I must be trolling?
>>
Looks like a solid 8, will probably buy on clearance.
>>
The first time I saw gameplay footage at the conference it looked like the epitome of B-tier game in this day and age. Maybe it could have been decent with that platforming and shit on a PS2 but it looks terrible.
>>
>>343376917
The game has no tutorial dialogue in the final game, it was there just to appease casuals who are too stupid to comprehend what's going on as the game was being played.

>We've seen almost all there is to combat already.
Stop fucking lying you dumb contrarian cunt. Geurilla has confirmed that you will have an extremely huge range of weapons and skills to use in the game which is not limited to ranged and long ranged weapons and environmental weapons like bombs, not to mention we've already seen the game using robots parts against them, you're so fucking uninformed.
>>
File: end my life_face.jpg (44 KB, 465x462) Image search: [Google]
end my life_face.jpg
44 KB, 465x462
>>343375282
Western games have gone to shit because they all want the big mainstream bux and are compromising their games for it. Japanese games don't have this problem because they ahve to overcome cultural differences in the first place which pretty much means they can rarely achieve muti million sales their western counterparts regularly get, unless we're talking massive established franchises like Final Fantasy and shit. Real quality in western games has moved to independent projects not looking for major returns on their investments and only that, but you have to go neck deep into shit to find those good titles because game making was never easier so everyone and their dog is making game and most of it is trash.
>>
>>343376948
>>343376948
>Horizons weapon true variety hasn't even been shown yet but considering

But it has? Aloy has a fucking bow, a slingshot, and a harpoon shooter than she uses for traps. It's probably going to be like Witcher where the only weapon upgrades are just new bows/slingshots with better stats.

Link has swords, spears, axes, clubs, hammers, sticks, bombs, and we've likely not seen all the different types of main weapons he can carry around. We have for Aloy.

>Locales

BotW most definitely has better locales than Horizon does, based on the demo we've seen.

>actually trying to argue that BotW's art direction looks bad, let alone worse than Horizon's attempts at art direction

Photorealism graphics are really fucking bland. BotW has much better art direction that Horizon and we've only seen it through shitty low quality youtube videos.
>>
File: Ck7G9cLWgAEOE1-.jpg large.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ck7G9cLWgAEOE1-.jpg large.jpg
431 KB, 1920x1080
>>343377428
>But it has?

That's all we've seen so far, Geurilla has already confirmed there is a ton of stuff they haven't shown, it's safe to assume there will be grenades, homing missiles and other longrange/short ranged weapons to use. Who gives a fuck if there are axes and clubs in a game, they're just reskinned assets with the same animations just called different things. Oh wow I have 45 differnt kind of ''sticks'' to use while the enemy just stand there and tank my attacks because Nintendo couldnt code more complex AI.

>BotW most definitely has better locales than Horizon does, based on the demo we've seen.

I was going to say they're about even but no, everything in Zelda has been shown in Horizon, forest, snow, mountain ranges, Zelda doesn't have ancient apocalyptic cities.
>>
>>343376917
>The BotW demo was nothing but gameplay, I don't know what you're even trying to imply here. It had a better gameplay demo than Horizon did
How? What did the Zelda demos do that was original in the slightest? Physics-based puzzles? We've seen the shit before in Half-Life.
>>
>>343377421
fuck off weeb
>>
File: 1456103842328.png (353 KB, 840x394) Image search: [Google]
1456103842328.png
353 KB, 840x394
>>343377359
>Stop fucking lying you dumb contrarian cunt.
>lying

Are you pretending to be retarded right now? We've literally seen all the combat. The weapon wheel shows that she only has four different weapon choices, tho of which go to her bow, one to her slingshot, and the other to her harpoon-caster which isn't really even an active weapon like the others, it's more like a tool. She also has a dedicated button to melee. That's everything and upgrades will likely be numbers/cosmetic, but nothing else. She probably don't be dropping her bow for a rifle or a pistol anon.

>not to mention we've already seen the game using robots parts against them
Yes, and? What does that have to do with har weapon loadout? That also changes nothing that I've said up until now.

>contrarian

Now I know you're just being retarded on purpose.

>Geurilla has confirmed that you will have an extremely huge range of weapons and skills

You know that CD Project did this with Witcher 3? That means fucking nothing. Witcher 3 has a metric fuck ton of different swords but they were all just swords, there weren't claymores or halberds or spears to use. Devs say this kind of stuff all the time. It's all marketing PR talk.

>>343377820
>Zelda doesn't have ancient apocalyptic cities.
>pic related slightly
>>
>>343377820
The cities was taken out of the demo to avoid spoilers.
>>
Dunno, as a Zeldafag Horizon looks pretty cool and I want to play it. I don't even have a PS4 but watching the game at E3 gave me the urge to get it. I can have Bloodborne and Nier too.
>>
>>343377864
>How? What did the Zelda demos do that was original in the slightest? Physics-based puzzles? We've seen the shit before in Half-Life.
What the fuck has Horizon done either? Robot, dinosaurs, and robot dinosaurs in an apocalyptic setting aren't original either.
>>
>>343377820
Yes it does, retard.
>>
>>343378384
Honestly by the trailer the game looks more populated by enemis than Zelda. BotW looks pretty empty and that worries me. I'm guessing enemies will pop up the more you play the game, maybe? I hope so.
I'm worried this ends up like another TP but now with less dungeons.
>>
>>343375602
But I like the bf series
>>
>>343378004
How do you even get the impression he's a weeb? Its clear Japanese publishers would be doing the EXACT same thing if they could get away with. We've seen it with their western studios.
>>
>>343378210
>Are you pretending to be retarded right now? We've literally seen all the combat.

Stopped reading there. Geurilla has come out and all but confirmed that there is a much bigger weapon selection that hasn't been shown, even what has been shown right now is more varied then Zeldas arsenal, Zelda just wins on the merit of sheer quantity with different kinds of extremely similar mellee weapon.

Whats the difference between the Club and the Hammer?
>>
>>343378335
If by cities you mean villages then yeah
>>
I just hope the cavelady doesn't fucking talk so much in the release. The premise is amazing, but as OP said, the more I see of it, the more it fails to meet my hopes and expetations
>>
>>343378384
Considering there is an entire ecology and all the robots obey a social heirachy within their groups I'd say that's pretty impressive.
>>
>>343378782
Yeah, but that isn't original, that's just decent programming.
>>
>>343378858
Never said it was, just saying technically Horizon is kind of impressive and considering Zelda is pushing 10 polygons I sure hope it has more than 10 unique weapons to choose from.
>>
>>343378937
That's great, but it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. That isn't original at all.
>>
looked amazing to me at e3. did they show something new since then?
>>
>>343379014
Nothing beside a jap demo of the E3 demo with some new meele attacks and finisher animations
>>
>>343374632
I like it already and plan to get it. Poor you.
>>
>>343378583
>Geurilla has come out and all but confirmed that there is a much bigger weapon selection that hasn't been shown

That means fucking nothing. That can mean that they just have 50 different bows for Aloy to use. Also source?

>even what has been shown right now is more varied then Zeldas arsenal

Absolutely not. She has a bow and a slingshot which act extremely similar to each other, difference being that one is just slower and has a "big effect" damage type while the other is father but weaker.

Link not only has a bow and a slingshot but also sword weapon types like long-swords and claymores, club weapon types like clubs and axes, and spear weapon types. We've seen environmental interactivity with bombs, fire, and wind and how they can affect combat.
>>
>>343375796
i am so hype for this game
>>
>>343378210
>You know that CD Project did this with Witcher 3? That means fucking nothing. Witcher 3 has a metric fuck ton of different swords but they were all just swords, there weren't claymores or halberds or spears to use. Devs say this kind of stuff all the time. It's all marketing PR talk.

Sony isnt CD Project though, it's not in their best interest to have a limited weapon arsenal for a new IP they are trying to turn into a series, Witcher 3 could get away with it but Horizon has less chance. Zelda also might have different types of polearm weapons but so did DS3 and so many of them had the same mechanics and animations, they were just named differently. Zelda having a spear and an axe that are in fact mechanically unique isn't even that impressive.
>>
>>343374632
looks like generic open world meme shit like the new zelda desu.
>>
>>343378583
>>343379384
I honestly don't understand why people will argue about games like this. I plan on getting both games. It seems like people are always on one side for something.

So fucking what if Link can use multiple weapons? It's fucking Link.
>>
>>343379448
>Sony isnt CD Project though
Does this matter at all? Sony fucks up so many times and this is your response? Based on early impressions, it doesn't seem like there will be any other weapon types for Aloy based on her loadout.

>>343379521
Hey, don't look at me. I'm not the one who brought up Zelda out of nowhere.
>>
>>343379521
>It seems like people are always on one side for something.
That's how people work: We have a group mentality, and we hate those others. If you claim that you don't think this way to some degree, you're only lying to yourself.
>>
>>343379723
I'm talking about video games you fuckface.
>>
>>343379384
>Also source?

>Horizon: Zero Dawn Gets New Info on Outfits, “Several” Heavy Weapons and More

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/22/ps4-exclusive-horizon-zero-dawn-gets-new-info-on-outfits-several-heavy-weapons-and-more/

>You can shoot explosive traps to make them explode even if the machines don’t directly touch them.
>If you can knock off weapons from a machine, it changes their attack pattern.

Also since you're talking about the fire and wind mechanic which is neat:

>The override is a great way to turn the tide of the battle by making machines fight on your side. There is a progression to it, and you’ll be able to do more with it as the game progresses.
>Overriding different machines has different effects.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/17/horizon-zero-dawn-gets-more-info-on-gameplay-machines-weapons-and-more/

>When you loot your enemies you can either use the parts to craft equipment or bring them to a merchant. There’s an entire economy within the game. You can buy new weapons and new outfits. For instance, there is an outfit that protects you against poison.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/14/ps4-exclusive-horizon-zero-dawn-gets-info-on-setting-gameplay-and-more/
>>
>>343376338
>>343376993
This makes sense. People who have been watching zelda press releases and are facinated at how well it uses age old ideas to make a mediocre game.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Nintendo fanboys? They truly are the Apple of gaming.
>>
>>343379521
Yeah well I don't and the new Zelda looks like overrated generic garbage.

OH BUT IT'S THE GREATEST THING EVER CAUSE IT'S NINTENDO
>>
>>343379846
It applies to videogames too: there are two similar games that were shown off at E3, so no shit people are going to pick a side and argue.
>>
>>343379863

>There are several heavy weapons you can retrieve from machines dead or alive.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/22/ps4-exclusive-horizon-zero-dawn-gets-new-info-on-outfits-several-heavy-weapons-and-more/
>>
>>343379939
Scalebound looks way better than Nier Automata. Looks actually worth 60 dollars
>>
File: 1418041423282.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418041423282.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>Interesting looking new ip coming out
>/v/ shits on it while pretending to already know what it's about and how long it will be
>meanwhile these same people cum buckets over a generic as fuck looking Zelda
>>
>>343380191
For once, the frogposter is right.
>>
>>343379939
>there are two similar games

They REALLY aren't similar though, Zelda is an open world sandbox with some neat tech/basic gameplay systems, Horizon is taking the shape of a full on action RPG with a much better progression path and level design.
>>
>>343379939
That's why I'm asking what's wrong with those people. Because two games have an open world means they are similar? When it comes to games, I'll play any that occupy my interests. It seems unreal when someone argues about what this game does "better" than that game. It just makes me imagine what kind of people they are in real life. It's purely subjective unless it's from a technical POV.
>>
>>343380339
>Zelda is an open world sandbox
stopped reading there
>>
>>343380410
>unless it's from a technical POV

Agreed but from a technical point of view, Horizon is objectively superior on that front alone.
>>
>>343380339
>horizon
>better level design
>>
>>343374632

The robot enemies bored me, so I lost interest early on.
>>
>>343380714
It's not just an empty landscape with hills.

It actually looks like a WORLD. A real, lived in, world, with rules and ecology, not just shit sprayed about.
>>
>>343380083
You fucking what? Scalebound looks like garbage.

>>343380065
We've already seen her pick up a rocket launcher from an enemy, this isn't news.

>>343379863
>>Horizon: Zero Dawn Gets New Info on Outfits, “Several” Heavy Weapons and More
See above.

>>When you loot your enemies you can either use the parts to craft equipment or bring them to a merchant. There’s an entire economy within the game. You can buy new weapons and new outfits. For instance, there is an outfit that protects you against poison.
Yes, And?

The only thing you have a point about is the hacking.
>>
Name me an open world game that wasn't mediocre in many ways
>>
>>343380978
Zelda has town, cities, shrines, and dungeons as well you blind oaf, did you not read any news of the game?

>>343380978
>It actually looks like a WORLD. A real, lived in, world, with rules and ecology, not just shit sprayed about.
Literally the exact same thing with Zelda. Also this ecology thing means fucking nothing, and it isn't even anything major. Witcher 3 did that also. It just means that you can buy and trade stuff.
>>
>>343374632
ROBOT
DINOSAURS

SLIDING BOW AND ARROW HIJINKS

MAKING NEW GADGETS

Game is going to be better than any Uncharted/TR shit.
>>
>>343381143
>Game is going to be better than any Uncharted/TR shit.
As if that is even a fucking accomplishment. Uncharted is overrated movietrash.
Horizon won't sell nearly as well or get as good of reviews.
>>
File: 1467251917049.jpg (145 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1467251917049.jpg
145 KB, 600x450
>>343374632
My only complaint about this game is the heroine.

She looks generic as fuck, at least give me the option to customize the protag
>>
>>343380191

/v/irgins in a nutshell, triggered by an unreleased original IP because the protagonist is a woman.
>>
>>343381631
No one ITT ever complained about the protag outside of her shitty dialogue.
>>
>>343381143
>robot dinosaurs
neat
>sliding bow and arrow
>meh
>making new gadgets
>meh

1/3
>>
>>343379939
>there are two similar games that were shown off at E3, so no shit people are going to pick a side and argue.
These games look nothing alike.

>>343380083
I don't understand how anyone can think that boss "fight" looked good in Scalebound. Janky, outdated, boring combat. I don't care about the spectacle of how big it seemed to be. Everything they've shown of Scalebound has looked terrible.
>>
>>343374632
Mecha giraffes look amazing though.
>>
File: 1466073756477.png (664 KB, 1106x479) Image search: [Google]
1466073756477.png
664 KB, 1106x479
>>343380191
undeniable truth
>>
>>343382318
nice meme
>>
>>343381998

Have you ever associated with woman? They talk to themselves when doing stuff exactly like how Aloy does. Most people know damn well that Aloy's character is just like real life girls and are salty because of it. These creeps make SJW's relatively tolerable.
>>
>>343374632
this looked like a bargain bin game from the very beginning

price on this shit will fall faster than Battleborn's
>>
>>343374632
looks fairly ok, but - everything seems way too close together
and protagonist voice acting whenever ANYTHING happens - kills it for me
>>
>>343382118
When was the last time we had a shooter with some crazy guns/ammo like fucking magnetic arrows like in this game? Hopefully they do more wacky stuff.
>>
>>343383015
Any insomniac game for starters.

This game isn't really doing anything unique with its arrows, they're just standard shit like fire arrows, explosive arrows, electric arrows, etc.
>>
>>343383198
o-ok anon ;_;
>>
I think this game looks pretty interesting but then it doesn't look all that different from other Western games mechanically either.
>>
>>343383015
>When was the last time we had a shooter with some crazy guns/ammo like fucking magnetic arrows like in this game? Hopefully they do more wacky stuff.

How new Are you? Is the PS4 your first console?
>>
>Interested in this game, definitely going to pick it up
>Whether the game is good or bad, there will be nonfuckingstop shitposting about it from people who have never played it, and never had any intention of ever playing it
Seriously, what's wrong with you people? Why are you so invested in shitposting about exclusives that you can't play?
>>
>>343383562
Because you keep coming here
>>
>>343383015
>When was the last time we had a shooter with some crazy guns/ammo like fucking magnetic arrows like in this game?
Well this game isn't going to have guns and homing weapons isn't new. Halo did that over a decade ago.

>>343383562
>focusing only on the people who are going to argue against it
People are going to shitpost for it too, completely ignoring any flaws that it has for whatever reason.
>>
>>343383562
>"Waah why don't you like thing"

This is /v/ retard, it's not a hugbox. It's okay to not like something.
>>
>>343383789
I want to hug your box
>>
>>343374632
I hope it will be good. I doubt it will be good.

There are a few signs of its potential. The combat actually looks sort of frantic and fast-paced, but after shit like Watch Dogs and fuck, I don't know, every other fucking game released in the past 5 years, I'm not getting my hopes up over a 15 minute gameplay spot. As much as I hate comparing the game to Zelda, that's one huge reason for why I'm so hype for the latter - I've SEEN 4+ hours of gameplay. Organic gameplay, not scripted, or at least far LESS scripted than most gameplay demos.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_aYX2vGFjI
This sure looks like it'll be fun for more than an hour.
>>
>>343383789
It's completely fine not to like something.
It's fucking retarded though to claim something is pure shit though just because you can't play it.
>>
>""""""""open"""""""" """""""""""""""""""""world"""""""""""""""""""""

put it in the bin
>>
>>343384301
>>343384301
>It's fucking retarded though to claim something is pure shit though just because you can't play it.
Literally no one has done this ITT
>>
>>343384448
That's because no one literally posts "I don't like it because I can't play"

They make vague complaints. Like "Cinematic games are shit" when there can and has been games with a good balance between gameplay and cutscenes
>>
>>343384281
Looks like it could get really boring, really fast.
>>
>>343384547
>They make vague complaints. Like "Cinematic games are shit"

How the fuck is that vague?

>>343384547
>when there can and has been games with a good balance between gameplay and cutscenes

Yeah but an overwhelming majority of them are overrated crap, like the Uncharted series; aka the poster boy for cinematic movie games.
>>
>>343384547
Saying cinematic games are shit isn't vague. I don't think you know what the term "Vague" means. That is actually a very specific statement and leaves nothing to interpretation, it's telling you everything right there.
>>
>>343374960
don't you have another $900 graphic card you have to buy, PC cuck?
>>
>>343384547
heres my vague complain
i would like to play this game at 60fps
can't happen, well i'm not interested, the platform is irrelevant, the game might as well not exist for me
i'm more sad than sourgrapy
>>
>>343385152
>i'm more sad than sourgrapy
That sounds incredibly sourgrapy though anon
>>
it looks alright but i'd imagine we won't get much variety in the world, it's probably gonna be mostly grass lands and mountains
>>
>>343385923
Unless anon also went on and on about how it's terrible in every other way too, it's not sour grapes. Sour grapes is when you can't get something, so you default to the worst possible possibilities of its quality to help you feel like you're not missing out.

This is less "I can't get them, and they're probably bad anyway" as "I don't like green grapes, I prefer purple. I wish these green grapes were purple. Oh well."
>>
>never ever
This is going to be TLoU tier in terms of butthurt Sony haters
>>
>>343385923
not really; the sour grapes implies jealousy
i'm not jealous of the current version of the game running at 30 because i don't play games at that framerate
and if by some miracle it runs at 60 on the 4k i'll consider buying it; i have the cash
i bought a wii u for bayo, smash and shit
>>
What the fuck is a ZERO DAWN?
>>
I actually agree.

The premise looked original, but the more they show of the actual game you realize it falls for a bunch of open world trappings.
>>
>>343386169
That's the name for the event where humanity died out and machines evolved to take over as the dominant species, dipshit.
>>
>>343386169
Sunshine all the time and no dynamic weather systems because they couldn't push the graphics/they make up a bullshit reason
>>
>>343386169
>What the fuck is a ZERO DAWN?

A really shitty subtitle.
>>
>>343375032

>horizon is cinematic

oh, let me guess, you also didnt play the last of us either and just assumed it was a movie like /v/ told you.
>>
Why is it even open world. I just want to hunt large monsters
>>
>>343386169

The sequel to Zero Wing.
>>
>>343374834
>>
>>343375781
runescape
>>
>>343386423
I'd be more worried about the story and objectives. When the map got brought up, then the crafting, it reminded me of what I saw of the recent Far Cry games. I could see that map filling up with heaps of side quests/filler.

I understand not wanting to give away the story just yet for many reasons, like not being that far along in development. But nothing about this game looks compelling yet.

Really wish open worlds wouldn't have been as common as they have for the past ~8+ years.
>>
>>343374632
The story and narrative seems fucking horrible.
Gameplay might be fun though.
>>
>>343386339
>oh, let me guess, you also didnt play the last of us either

Not that guy but TLOU honestly has a bunch of stupid bullshit.

The combat is quite good on higher difficulties but it also has a bunch of annoying walk-n-talk shit were the game rips full control away from you and also stuff that's solely there for Story reasons like Ellie.

Much like Uncharted 4 the gameplay in TLOU is completely in service to the pace of the story, and it will bend over accordingly.
>>
>>343386821
Bruh, the map is actually a lot smaller than it looks. It's more like large map than actual open world.
>>
File: every time.png (7 KB, 589x132) Image search: [Google]
every time.png
7 KB, 589x132
>>343386774
Man, us PC gamers would never want any ps4 exclusives. Yuck
>>
>>343386824
Tell me the difference between story and narrative.
>>
>>343386865
>survivor game
>complain about resource gathering
The fuck? Do you also complain about any single moment not spent in combat in other games?
>>
>>343386964
Ikr ;^)
>>
>>343386972
Not that guy, but have you never taken a literature course or can you think about the difference?

It's not hard to look up. You'd likely call it bullshit anyway so I'd let you do the looking.
>>
>>343387001
>That post
>Complaining about resource gathering.
Are you fucking illiterate?
>>
>>343387216
So, you don't see my point...?
>>
>>343384547
The problem when saying things like "cinematic games are shit" is that, in recent years, it's fairly true. There is a very low proportion of good cinematic games. It's not like it used to be in the PS1 days where having a story at all was a godsend and they were always amazing and pushing the limits but never forgetting the gameplay because that's all that they'd made up until then. People are forgetting to make good games. All they want to make are good "experiences". Experiences which fall flat compared to many, many other games, because they're all generic.

It's not like Kojima or Taro with their crazy ideas and sense of artistry - although Phantom Pain sucked, in my opinion mostly due to Konami pressuring it out too early. It's a bunch of western hacks who couldn't make it in Hollywood because their fucking story ideas and "cinematic" taste were too shitty for FUCKING HOLLYWOOD.

It's like memes in video games, creative liberties with localization, censorship. Those things aren't inherently bad. But localization teams these days are just so fucking bad at localizing, at basic English, that any sign of a change is a gigantic red flag.

Just look at pic related. It should be "such ancient" and "so ruin". You're supposed to use the wrong determiner, that's the entire point of the meme. The localisers aren't competent in English. Most of them probably have English degrees and yet they can't even synthesize a fucking meme. In that same vein, not only are the "cinematic" developers bad at developing actual games, they suck at their own "cinematic" shit as well. No interesting camera angles, no spectacular gameplay using context-specific actions, just bland, boring, dull, with terrible plots. The Arkham games are more cinematic than TLoU

So in conclusion cinematic elements have become a gigantic meme and have fallen far from their original, well-done roots, so it's justified to jump to conclusions and say "this game will be crap because cinematic".
>>
>>343387225
What the fuck do you think the point of the walking segments are, dipshit?
>>
>>343386339
Are you trying to say that TLOU isn't a cinematic movie game? It not as bad as Uncharted, by don't lie to yourself now.
>>
>>343374632
Game looks fun actually.
I just hope there won't be too much dialogue/story, cuz this truly is the cancer of vidya.
Nobody gives a fuck about what drives the character, just give me things to kill, things to cllect, things to upgrade.

Don't give me narrative and complex mature stories, just give me video-games and a "thank you for playing".

Jesus Christ I really miss those times.
>>
>>343387663
You're retarded. You fucking dipshit. He means literal walking segments, or sections where you do nothing but walk around and maybe sometimes press a button to interact with some context sensitive item. It happened a lot in Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us.
>>
I find it funny that fellow sonyggers bash Western games then drop $60 on games like this and U4.
>>
>>343388114
Only delusional weebs bash superior western games
>>
>>343388114
Sony fanboys are retarded game starved idiots that keep talking about how one upcoming exclusive is going to be amazing then it ends up being mediocre Like Killzone, Driveclub, Knack, Uncharted 4, The Order, Shadow of the Beast, Omega Quintet, and Infamous Second Son. The only actual good game on the PS4 is Bloodborne.
>>
>>343388114
Not all sonyggers do that.
I bought my PS4 in order to play Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2 and such.

Horizon has potential, but of course the game's flaws (muh mature storytelling/shitty characters) already are easily spotted.

And as for U4, there's no way I'll buy this crap, even if i loved U2 back then.
U3 was already shit, and U4 seems like a complete downgrade from TLOU mechanics.
>>
>>343387938
All walking segments in TLoU was a chance to collect shit. So fuck off.
>>
>>343387938
t. didn't play TLOU
>>
>>343389436
so picking up diaries youll never read is now gameplay. epic
>>
File: jesus.png (444 KB, 1040x427) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
444 KB, 1040x427
>>343386774
Welp
>>
File: wtf.png (82 KB, 979x603) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
82 KB, 979x603
>>343389819
>>
File: skybox.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
skybox.webm
1 MB, 640x360
If this game isn't downgrade it will be the next crysis
>>
>made by the killzone devs
>surprised when the game is mediocre trash with nice graphics
all they make is tech demos
>>
>>343390041
Except that guerilla are making good tech demos unlike naughty dogs
>>
>>343388114
I bash 90% of western games but praise the good ones like this
>>
>>343388471
I still dont fully understand why people develop such strong biases, like I will play and enjoy every game you mentioned in your post yet, I feel I am still open minded enough to enjoy Uncharted for what it is even if it know it's not the most technically difficult or impressive game, I can still find pleasure in its adventure.
>>
>>343389930
>The next Crysis
>A PS exclusive

'no'
>>
>Nintendo still can't do a Zelda game that looks better than Twilight Princess.

Oh well, maybe for the NX-U.
>>
PS4/Wii U master race here. I'll be getting both of them. (Zelda is the only reason I bought a Wii U)
>>
>>343387387
>complaining about the doge meme reference
>only, not actually complaining about the meme so much as them getting the meme wrong
Huh. See something new everyday.
>>
File: kjkj.png (21 KB, 375x394) Image search: [Google]
kjkj.png
21 KB, 375x394
>>343374632
Лoл мылo тoпкeк
>>
>>343389589
Yeah, that's what collectibles are, dipshit.
>>
Might be okay if they tone down how much that bitch talks.
>>
>>343385039
I'm not sure why you'd use that as an insult. That amount of money can buy two PS4s.
>>
>>343391751
They've, apparently, consistently said it'll be toned down in game. But it's odd that, twice now, their big E3 presentation of it has had her yacking away the whole time. If she's going to be quieter in the actual game, why advertise her as more annoying?

I'd believe it if there was some higher up suit from the publisher saying "no no, she needs to be more vocal, constantly explaining stuff, or else the players won't get it." Why be allowed to flat out say that's not going to be the final design, though? I suppose if it was just an annoying PR person only in charge of E3 footage. Was there gameplay from the floor for people to try out and take footage of?

As ever, the universal E3 rule applies: nothing is true until the actual game is being shipped out.
>>
They are holding a shit ton back. We have barely seen anything besides a basic combat demo
>>
>>343391984
>If she's going to be quieter in the actual game, why advertise her as more annoying?

The trailer was made to cater to a mass audience, they think any RPG elements scares of casuals and it probably dose so they had her talk through what she was doing in the game just so they didnt have a mental break down trying to comprehend what was going on. I can assure you if it is in the game you'll be able to turn it off, to have her voice over every encounter in the game would just be impractical anyway
>>
i dont buy games with female protagonists. enjoy your progressive schlock, faggots
>>
>>343391984
Apparently, having her inner monologue is going to be easy mode, as she'll explain to the players what to do. Hard mode will have no monologues.
>>
File: 1465872101806.png (599 KB, 916x916) Image search: [Google]
1465872101806.png
599 KB, 916x916
>>343374632
>Killzone devs

what did you niggas expect?
>>
>tfw I wasnt around when the original leak happened
>>
>>343392562
>Hard mode will have no monologues.

That's actually a pretty fucking solid and compelling reason to play on hard mode to be honest,
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.