[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Way of the Samurai 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
What the hell went so wrong?

Will we ever get a Way of the Samurai 5 to save the franchise?
>>
I only played this game in the series and I wasn't a fan. Are there better games in the series?
>>
>>343373076

Try Way of the Samurai 3, it has less content and doesn't look as good, sadly, but still it's a simple fun game.
>>
File: Yojimbo_poster_285.jpg (26 KB, 285x400) Image search: [Google]
Yojimbo_poster_285.jpg
26 KB, 285x400
>>343373076
First game is like a freeform Yojimbo adaptation so I'd recommend that

Also the only game in the series that lets you rest your hand on the hilt of your sword by holding down the draw button so it gets points for that
>>
File: Way_of_the_Samurai_Coverart.png (143 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Way_of_the_Samurai_Coverart.png
143 KB, 256x363
>>343374896
>>343372701
The first game was awesome. Does it emulate well?
>>
>>343376825
I used to play that game a lot

shit was tight as fuck
>>
>>343377257
WotS4 looks worse in some ways imo
>>
File: 1465799094609.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465799094609.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>343377257
>even on gamestart it immediately lets your choice and skill (or lack of) dictate the flow of events

Way of the Samurai is a fucking gem
>>
>>343376825
Never tried it myself but I imagine that anything that runs on the PSP can emulate well
>>
Didn't the third come out on steam? I might get that even though I didn't care for it on PS3. WotS is a series I'll happily be a good goy and buy every game that comes out in hopes they make something as good as Wots or the second one.
>>
>>343372701
What's wrong with it? I'm playing through 3 now and looking forward to 4.
>>
>>343381006
A lot of people didn't like 4 because the tone is a lot weirder than the other games.
>>
I tried playing three a few months ago, it was 5 bucks at gamestop.

I didn't give it much of a chance, I'll admit, but my first impression was it had a mountain of potential but was pretty shit in the end. Combat seemed like they had a good idea what they wanted to do but it was just way too fucking clunky and convoluted. It was supposed to be open world but the map was like the size of half a hold in skyrim broken up into small sections. Also there was absolutely no direction. I like open world but at least give me an npc saying welcome to the game ypu can do all of these things the choice is yours. There was nothing kike that, it wasn't a matter of not knowing what to do, it was a matter of having no clue what my options even were.

That being said, I fucking love the source material and time period. Nioh has finally convinced me to get a ps4. Hopefully the next wots will be more my style.
>>
>>343381596
>at least give me an npc saying welcome to the game ypu can do all of these things the choice is yours
The lady you save from the thugs right at the very beginning is exactly that.
>>
>>343376825
PS2 emulation in general is shit. But yeah, it's playable.

I hope we get 1 & 2 ported to Steam as well.
>>
The clothing and accessory system in 4 is fucking top notch.
>making edgy colored eyes using various props shrunk and superimposed inside the face like contact lenses
>>
>>343381596
You usually only get your bearing in these games after the first playthrough so I understand why lack of direction is offputting. Just stick with it for at least two different playthroughs before making a judgement on that, I know that sounds like a big investment but they're generally shortish games and the variation between is part of the attraction
>>
>>343381006
Retards want super serious honorable samurai and instead they got Sukiyaki Western Django.
>>
>>343383259
Sounds good to me. 1 had an afro samurai, 2 had clown yakuza and 3 is shaping up to be equally absurd.
>>
File: 1346091905303.jpg (19 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1346091905303.jpg
19 KB, 480x368
>>343383497
Afro Samurai weeb was my favourite character in 1

>his sword's moveset is near enough breakdancing
>>
>>343383497
Then you are a reasonable person and you will love it.
>>
I think 2 was best storywise. 4 has best combat so far
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.