[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else actualy really enjoy this and find it spooky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Gone_Home.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Did anyone else actualy really enjoy this and find it spooky up until the point that you realize there's nothing spooky going on and nothing is going to scare you or happen? It was a cool experience up until that point.
>>
>>343367229
Nope, it's just a lesbian girl running away from home that's all.
>>
>>343367420
actually i read an article that said there's multiple endings
the sister kills herself if you don't read the last diary entry where she says she's running away :^)

that was an actual article i read from someone who said "their wife played the game" but couldn't handle the trigger of suicide so she closed the game before finding it, and in her canon that was the ending of the story, and he wrote a blog about it being the secret ending.
>>
>>343367614
Actually I don't care about the lesbian girl
>>
>>343367614
Actually I've never read a post worth a shit that starts with actually
>>
>>343367229
Play the 7th Guest or 11th Hour
>>
File: 71PXPEp.jpg (531 KB, 1032x2647) Image search: [Google]
71PXPEp.jpg
531 KB, 1032x2647
This game only got a 10/10 because the creators were personal friends of corrupted gaming journalists.

They did not deserve anywhere near the scores they got.
>>
File: 1416140293307.jpg (29 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1416140293307.jpg
29 KB, 500x333
Gone Home represents everything wrong with the indie scene and gaming journalism.
>>
>>343367229
Me too anon. I was mostly enjoying it, and kept expecting some spooky stuff to happen, specially because they really presented the game as having a big mystery or whatever. But no, all I got was a story about a dyke. Never been so mad and disappointed with a game in my life.
>>
>>343367796
nice meme reddit
>>
i thought the great uncles secret murder closet was kinda creepy

the light fucking goes out while youre in there reading articles on the wall about the murders

other than that there was zero spoop and it sucked
i was kind of hype when the initial gameplay trailers were out a few years before the release because it looked like it was gonna be a spook game
>>
Wait, it's supposed to be spooky?
>>
I found the sister to be an awful sister, I mean your poor older sister would do anything for you is back from Europe or uni I forget. And you can't even say goodbye, why not say your goodbyes then run away?

But yes it spooked me a bit, the picture of the table really got me I'll give them that
>>
>>343368512
and i agree with that--i'm just saying it's not a full on 0 either. it's got little to no (no, it doesn't have "NO GAMEPLAY", it's not a movie, there is an objective) gameplay and even its storytelling is a bit hamfisted and predictabel at times, but they did at least a decent job at creating the atmosphere. And the graphics were actually quite good for a meme indie studio. If i were a professional gaming journalist I'd rate it somewhere between 3 and 5. below average for a "game", but definitely not a 0 by any means.

Mighty No. 9 is a worse video game than Gone Home.
>>
>>343367614
>couldn't handle the trigger of suicide

how do these people interact with the world
>>
>>343369390
>secret murder closet
do you mean the sub-plot in general? because unless I missed something the uncle wasn't a murderer, he was a pedophile who raped the MC's father and was shunned and locked away in his home from the public eye and forced to give away his business for far less than it was worth. I don't think he ever killed anyone but the sub text leads one to believe it was a pedophilic rape that took place, not a murder.
>>
>>343370898
they can handle it fine because they're lying to either fit in or gain attention
>>
>>343370624
> i'm just saying it's not a full on 0 either.
I didn't say it was a 0. Tho it's fairly close.

>it's got little to no (no, it doesn't have "NO GAMEPLAY", it's not a movie, there is an objective) gameplay

It's a walking sim.

> even its storytelling is a bit hamfisted and predictabel at times, but they did at least a decent job at creating the atmosphere.

So... the only thing this game has going for it is atmosphere? Sounds like shit to me.

> If i were a professional gaming journalist I'd rate it somewhere between 3 and 5. below average for a "game", but definitely not a 0 by any means.

I'd give it a 2 at most.
>>
>>343371437
>I didn't say it was a 0. Tho it's fairly close.
i didnt say you sait that, i think 3-5 s a pretty fair rating for this game.

>It's a walking sim.
It's a walking sim with misable collectables and certain things you need to find in order to progress. It's akin to adventure games like monkey island, it's just first person and involves a lesbian that the marketing team leveraged into a selling point.

>So... the only thing this game has going for it is atmosphere? Sounds like shit to me.

If a somewhat spooky, ominous atmosphere doesn't appeal to you--then yeah, i agree. it'd be a bad fit. no reason to try it what-so-ever if atmosphere isn't something that applies to you.

the thing is, though, that the target market is people who atmosphere appeals to.

>I'd give it a 2 at most.
anything to back that up? (i.e reasons?)
>>
>>343372674
fuck off dumblr no one gives a shit about your liberal shilling go back to your shillary hugbox
>>
>>343372674
I am the kind of people who enjoys atmospheric games, and actually like walking sims for the most part, but I'd give it something close to a 0 too just because of the faggotry ingame, the bait and switch and the fake scores.
>>
>>343372843
actually, i'm not a blogger or reviewer in anyeway, i don't support this game (which would be obvious if you read my posts) and I don't support the liberal party...

...so i mean, keep mommie's basement cozy?
>>
>>343367229
I liked it.
>>
>>343368612
Danganronpa isn't even good compared to other visual novels, gone home does environmental storytelling pretty well and it's plot is unique compared to other video game plots. Sure Gone home is overrated but getting salty because it's rated higher than that piece of shit is stupid.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.