[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What environment would be best if there was a game with custom-built
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: 1466990532122.jpg (670 KB, 1147x857) Image search: [Google]
1466990532122.jpg
670 KB, 1147x857
What environment would be best if there was a game with custom-built player vehicles of any size and with any amount of players onboard (who would probably be robots)?
I've found two important parameters which massively affect gameplay and aesthetic, and I can't seem to decide on what's best.

Parameter 1: Accessible floor or not?
>benefit of environments where anything that goes down is virtually unreachable:
Players won't shoot absolutely everything in sight like a tryhard, because there's no reward for it.

>benefit of environments where there is actually solid terrain:
Allows the environment to have interesting detail to it, and things which go down will be battled over, adding a natural FPS-like aspect to the game.

Parameter 2: Density of the medium?
>benefit of environments with dense mediums (water):
Realistically-proportioned submarines look less ugly than realistically-proportioned airships; the game can stay realistic without requiring a huge balloon on everything that floats.

>benefit of environments with thin mediums (air):
More diversity in types of movement, since there is a reason to choose between flying, floating, and walking/driving; floating needs a huge balloon and can't go fast, flying uses lots of energy but is fast, and walking/driving is efficient and slim. In water, everything would just use stay as light as the water and propellers.
>>
File: 1445695675422.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
>>
That's nice and all, but...
That robot has a great ass.
>>
File: 1467024888098.jpg (291 KB, 1873x650) Image search: [Google]
1467024888098.jpg
291 KB, 1873x650
What are some other good-looking robots out there?
>>
File: test post please ignore.png (2 MB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
test post please ignore.png
2 MB, 1024x512
>>
New Fireball eps when
>>
Does OP actually care about any of that, or does he just want a robutt thread?

I hope it's the latter
>>
>>343368563
Robutt means free bumps.
I do care about good robot design though.
>>
File: dont date robos.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dont date robos.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>343364704
You posted Robutt's knowing full well thats what you wanted to actually discuss.
>>
File: culter-nee-san.png (48 KB, 552x566) Image search: [Google]
culter-nee-san.png
48 KB, 552x566
>>343368563
Do augmented so-metal-they're-practically-robots humans count?
>>
>>343370229
No, they're extremely annoying to have in robot threads.
>>
File: qtdamu.jpg (238 KB, 834x1024) Image search: [Google]
qtdamu.jpg
238 KB, 834x1024
>>343370412
What about robots that are piloted by humans?
>>
Are you choosing between 1 parameter set or the other as a focus or one from each parameter?
Cause if the former, 2 is more valuable overall as an idea to focus on due to the fact that everyone loves variety and terrain is relatively unnecessary in some situations.
If it's 1 from each, solid terrain with potential underground mechanics and dense mediums.
>>
>>343370642
That is really ambiguously worded, what are you saying?
>>
>>343370642
Underground?
Maybe that's how it should work.
It should be entirely possible to make a system that creates terrain from erupting lava, given that powder games do it, and having that plus a water cycle could result in some really cool situation.s
>>
>>343364704
Why choose when you can include all of these things?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.