[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does it get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (30 KB, 382x260) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg
30 KB, 382x260
When does it get good?
>>
File: Donkey Kong 64.jpg (121 KB, 955x699) Image search: [Google]
Donkey Kong 64.jpg
121 KB, 955x699
>>343364545

Never.
>>
When the DK Rap starts playing
>>
When you get Tiny Kong.

Duh.
>>
If you didn't find the first couple of levels enjoyable, I suggest not continuing, as its more of the same. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game.
>>
If you didnt get hype the minute you watched the DK rap, you're a lost cause who has shit taste in games.
>>
>>343364641
Gorgeous. That extra 4 megabytes of memory needed to run the game really paid off.
>>
>>343364545
It actually dips down into being worse rather than getting better. If you're not having fun in the first level just stop playing because you're gonna be in for hell by the time you get to any Diddy flying part. And the quality takes a big dip whenever you get to Gloomy Galleon, fuck I hate that world.
>>
>>343364641
>people seriously this looks better than PS1 games
>>
it's crap op
>>
>>343364545
when you have to get the nintendo coin
>>
>>343365124

Gloomy Galleon and Crystal Caves are the worst.

Creepy Castle and Fungi Forest aren't bad. I've always suspected they were designed earlier in development. Especially in the case of Fungi Forest since the concept was originally going to be in Banjo Kazooie.
>>
Time to parrot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txRBHfCc0uU
>>
When you get to play beaver bother.
Also the races and slides.
>>
>>343365425
I didn't mind Crystal Caves as much, but Gloomy Galleon was just "this is so boring and awful I want to stop playing right here". I could understand them making it late in development, it seems like tons of the game was recycled or rushed. DK64 is a weird fucking game.
>>343365364
Fuck getting these coins, child me for the life of me could not get that Nintendo coin, beating Donkey Kong with only 1 life was just beyond my gaming skill no matter how I tried.
>>
>>343365056
The expansion pack actually wasn't for the memory. They encountered a bug that made the game crash unless you had an expansion pack in. That's why they shipped with a free one, while Majora's Mask, which required one, didn't.
>>
HE
>>
>>343364545
The best thing about the game is the copious amount of character that each Kong oozes. It really doesn't get much better gameplay wise at all - you'd be better off playing a Banjo game for Rare gameplay or Conker for a Rare narrative.
>>
>>343364641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xruQJT0UZ_Q

7 minute mark

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
>>
>>343366686
HAS
>>
>>343364545
Is this a new meme? I just saw a post like this in another board
>>
>>343367748
NO
>>
>>343367748
A COCONUT GUN
>>
>>343364545
it pretty much goes downhill really early.
dk is the only one who feels fun to play.
>>
>>343364545
When you fight a boss
That's mostly it
>>
>>343364545
I'm actually replaying it right now. It's fun but man, it's also worse than I remembered. Like, the way the story is presented and the talking characters almost come off as tacky.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.