[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any games where I can nuke cities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: bom.png (1 MB, 855x588) Image search: [Google]
bom.png
1 MB, 855x588
are there any games where I can nuke cities
>>
civ
>>
defcon
>>
>>343361719
Super Power Series
Defcon
Hearts of Iron Series
Civilization V
>>
Any civilization game can nuke cities.

Star Wars Rebellion you can Death Star planets.

Galactic Civilizations II you can nuke stars, which destroys whole solar systems.
>>
>>343361719
Megaton
>>
Arma with mods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwSIDaXMv2U
>>
spore civilization stage
>>
File: Megaton.jpg (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Megaton.jpg
1 MB, 1280x720
Fallout 3
>>
File: 1327504621837.jpg (42 KB, 317x379) Image search: [Google]
1327504621837.jpg
42 KB, 317x379
>>343362349
>defcon
I played Defcon with my friends once and we all felt like awful people after finishing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SydRFPfw7eg
>>
Master of Magic
>>
In Rise of Nations, you can build either Ballistic Missiles or nukes, the former have only a small area of attack, while nukes can level cities.
However, there is an armegeddon clock that ticks down with each nuke, and will end the world if too many nukes are used. Plus, once one person uses a nuke, you can bet everyone else is going to fire off their arsenal. Honestly, it's a pretty neat way of MAD, as you mainly just hold onto nukes so that others don't nuke you. The AI does this pretty well on harder difficulties, and will not use them willy-nilly.
It is a shame how military focused RoN is, otherwise it'd make the stockpiling an interesting strategy to prevent wars.
>>
>>343364643
I loved this game. Was rise of legends any good? Never got around to trying it
>>
>>343364859
It's okay. Interesting ideas, not as well executed.
Units are large blobs and move slowly about terrain that's not large enough to deal with several large blobs. Combat doesn't feel that rewarding, though there at least different unit types that make it feel interesting.
There's no construction units, just self building barracks, towers, and resource nodes that can build miners. The main buildings take place in pre-placed cities that you can add districts onto that add resources/population/extra bonuses that all depend on the race.
Speaking of which, each race tries to be different, and it was nice, but you kinda find your style early and stick with it. If you play through the Campaign, you'll get a good idea of what to do, but the matches begin to feel rather the same with a different coat. Its mainly just turtle until you have a high tech, advance and capture cities, and not much other thought to it, because the maps are focused enough that you can just charge one one and complete all the objectives with one force and won't get blindsided.
The art style and general aesthetic of each race is fucking fantastic, though. I loved seeing the Vinci's steampunk/clockwork cities sprawl across the terrain with guardsmen patrolling the ranks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.