[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the blacktail so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: chainsaw.jpg (93 KB, 636x406) Image search: [Google]
chainsaw.jpg
93 KB, 636x406
Why is the blacktail so shit?
>>
It isn't?
>>
it isn't shit, the red 9 is just better
>>
>>343359676
>>343359805
It's damage and speed are roughly the same as the fucking regular handgun for most of the game, and by the time you can upgrade it to be better then the regular handgun the red9 is comically better. All of this and it's the most expensive handgun to upgrade

The only real advantage it has is that you can move the pointer around really fast and it doesn't take up tons of space like the red9, but it's just not worth it.
>>
File: 1466567595376s.jpg (3 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
1466567595376s.jpg
3 KB, 124x124
>>343359676
Git gud with the regular handgun faggot.
>>
>using handguns
sold that shit as soon as i bought the tmp
>>
File: Striker.jpg (60 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Striker.jpg
60 KB, 600x338
>>343359573
posting best gun
>>
>>343359982
the Blacktail shoots faster than the other handguns, so it's better for use in boss fights. still, all of the handguns are shitty compared to the fully upgraded Punisher. if you're good, you don't need to carry a shotgun when you have the Punisher.
>>
>>343362787
>using the punisher
>Using the worst pistol in the game

I want to like it, but that thing is trash. How fucking often do you get 5 enemies lined up? The pitiful damage does fuck all.

Shotguns are fantastic and you should always have one on you.
>>
>>343362787
>the Blacktail shoots faster than the other handguns, so it's better for use in boss fights.
red9 that's equally upgraded will do more DPS despite not shooting as fast because it does that much more damage and it saves you a bullet or two

>>343363181
upgrading it is kind of a waste but I've done good with the punisher in the castle to shoot through shields real easily without using important guns like shotgun
>>
>>343363181
shotguns are just for players who haven't memorized enemy placement yet. once you know where and when everything is going to come from you shouldn't need one. then that leaves shielded enemies, and those claustrophobic parts of the Island, which is what the Punisher is for.
>>
>>343363451
Blacktail is still better because with it you don't need to worry about accuracy. you can get another bullet on target almost instantly after missing a shot.
>>
>>343363451
Oh sure, you can shoot through shields, but if you are just the slightest bit accurate, then the red 9 will serve you much better.

6.5 damage per shot vs 1.8, plus better accuracy over long range with the stock means that the red 9 acts as a sort of pistol sniper rifle, along with doing tons of damage, and saving tons of ammo.

>>343363626
The red 9 still does so much more damage that it's better for those claustrophobic parts since it kills everything in one or two headshots. Everything dies a lot faster.
>>
>>343363726
you dont need to worry about accuracy with red9 because the stock makes it have almost no shaking, meaning you can actually hit things from a distance
>>
>>343362380
I bet you used the riot smg in MGSV too you fucking faggot
>>
File: 20160619120758_1.jpg (389 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160619120758_1.jpg
389 KB, 1920x1080
This thing make me laugh.
>>
>>343363883
it still can't shoot through shields. and there are areas where you have to kill shield enemies. if you are good at the game and you can use your knife to kill most non-shield enemies, there is literally no reason to not use the punisher.

>>343363905
then you lose space for grenades and healing items. and you have to waste money on upgrading your attache case. since i don't use rocket launchers or the rifle or the shotgun, i use the default attache case.
>>
>>343364371
>since i don't use rocket launchers or the rifle or the shotgun, i use the default attache case.
if you don't use all that stuff you can afford a bigger case
>>
File: 1466371093008.jpg (13 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1466371093008.jpg
13 KB, 295x295
>>343359573
>People actually use the blacktail over the Red9
>>
>not using the base weapons
Pussies
>>
I fucking hate the fact that RE4 gives you so many fucking game breaking weapons unlocked just for beating the game.

I like unlocking new ways to play, but not when it's game breaking garbage.

I know it's autistic of me, but I fucking hate the fact that there are a bunch of INSTA WIN weapons available for me whenever I want them. If I don't buy them, I feel like an idiot for not using everything at my disposal to do well at the game. But if I do, the game is boring.

For fucks sakes. I love having a new game plus mode, but not when the game hands you super powerful shit that makes it pointless to keep playing.
>>
>>343359573

Blacktail is great. Lightweight, fast aiming.

>>343359805

Red 9 is slow and impractical. Increases time needed to aim and fire and react. Those who like the Red9 just look at the damage output and don't look at any other criteria.
>>
>>343364668
the default attache case makes it an actual survival horror game, it's not fun playing without it. you only have room for two weapons and their ammo, one weapon if you want to use grenades. doing this makes the game much more intense and gives you hard decisions to make.
>>
>>343359573
red9 is the scrub gun
>>
>>343365003
I just hate how fucking strong the Chicago typewriter is with each bullet. I wanted to fuck around with an infinite tmp, not spray Broken Butterfly level damage bullets like candy. I still wanted to have to shoot and aim and manage targets, but be able to go crazy without worrying about ammo. Instead it just blows everything away with one hit.
>>
>>343363181

Punisher is the most under rated. It's a bridge between handgun and shot gun. It is nice for crowd control as one bullet goes through multiple enemies. Attack one, stun several. It has the most efficient use of ammo.
>>
>>343364873
I try to use the automatics in new playthroughs but I keep coming back to the Red9. It's just so good.
>>
File: 1448638242065.png (14 KB, 221x120) Image search: [Google]
1448638242065.png
14 KB, 221x120
>>343365224
>Artificially introducing resource management in an effort to turn an action shooter into a survival horror game
>>
>>343365446
i recommend you try it, on a new professional file. it will make you look at the game differently, and probably provide a challenge that you haven't felt in a decade. people like to write this game off as easy, but no, it is actually quite difficult at its core. it's a shame the weapon arsenal ruined that for so many people.
>>
File: nigguh.png (162 KB, 475x322) Image search: [Google]
nigguh.png
162 KB, 475x322
>>343362380
>using guns
>not just knifing this piss easy game to death

RE4 is the Brawl of Resident evil.
>>
using the TMP as a suplex machine is fun as fuck, and you barely ever run out of ammo

but for the most part I use the Red9
>>
>>343364873
This is a red9 thread in disguise. No one would post here if op said "the red9 is the best weapon right guys."
>>
File: kicking doors is bad.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
kicking doors is bad.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>343359573
>get blacktail
>can fit 8 large fish into my attache case
>get red9
>can only fit 7 large fish into my attache case, even less if I get the stock for it

Blacktail is clearly superior. Less DPS? Who gives a shit, you should be kicking and suplexing enemies after shooting them once in their extremities anyway. Where am I going to put all my fish and eggs?
>>
>>343365804
Why do people get so defensive over their pistol of choice, and just mercilessly shit on every other option? They all have their own merits, and are worth a play through with.

Except for Your favorite of course. Everyone knows it's total trash, and only for scrubs who can't get gud. The worst pistol by far.
>>
>>343365328
That's literally just a butthurt way of saying it's the best gun.
>>
>>343366060

If he had opened the door ANY other way he would have lived. He opened it slowly, giving the enemy time to react to him and move close, then fast right when he was in range to attack.
>>
>>343366067
Two words hammer fired.
>>
>>343366060
>tfw chainsaw guys still scare the shit out of me even though I've never died to one ever in multiple playthroughs
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.