[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need my rts fix /v/ will be willing to buy >except for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 46546574567.jpg (296 KB, 816x1024) Image search: [Google]
46546574567.jpg
296 KB, 816x1024
I need my rts fix /v/

will be willing to buy

>except for TW:warhammer because of DLC shilling
>except for Jewber entertainment games because I didn't pay $100 for them to release another $60 game with 3/4 of the promised content
>>
>>343355275
Get Medieval 1 off steam. Has a lot of neat mechanics not present in other TW games.
>>
>Total War
>RTS
Why do you people exist
The STRATEGY part is TURN BASED and the REAL TIME part is TACTICS

It's NOT A REAL TIME STRATEGY
>>
>>343355275
TWW

Stop being a fucking /v/ parrot aboit DLC for what is objectively one of the best RTT/TBS games of the last decade
>>
>>343355415
Loved Medieval 2 better, but I need a break

>>343356138
>still separating RTT from RTS, all strategy fans must unite against the ASSFAGGOTS anon...

>>343356256
Even /twg/ says it's void of content and to wait...
>>
Good ACTUAL RTS games on sale right now:

>Cossacks and expansions
>Heroes of Annihilated Empires (made by the Cossacks dudes, but fantasy)
>Impossible Creatures
>Rise of Nations
>Nightside
>Original War (cheap as a piss in the woods)
>Seven Kingdoms 2 HD
>Warlords Battlecry 3
>Planetary Annihilation
>>
>>343356748
>Even /twg/ says it's void of content and to wait..
/twg/ has been jizzing its pants so hard about TWW all other TW games have entirely stopped being talked about. You likley got a reply from 1 historyfag who is upset at how successful TWW is.

Its content rich as fuck, far more than any other TW game. Actually having five races that are different and not rehashes for the first time in the series.
>>
>>343356748
RTT helps killing RTS even further, by removing base building and resource collecting.
Cossacks and Rise of Nations proved you can have all the usual TBS elements inside a real-time formula and work wonders
>>
>>343356256
It's watered down shit.
>>
>>343356748
>Even /twg/ says it's void of content and to wait...
They're all autists who romanticise Rome 1 and Medieval 2 despite them both being awful compared to modern Total Wars. Warhammer is by far the best Total War released.

As for the original request.
>Rise of Nations
>Age of Empires 2
>Age of Mythology
>Sins of a Solar Empire
>Company of Heroes (more RTT than RTS)
The first three, especially the first one, are essentially the pinnacle of quality RTS. Realistically, you will never play a game that will top Rise of Nations in the RTS genre. It is perfection.
>>
>>343356748
>Even /twg/ says it's void of content and to wait...
/twg/ here, you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>343357187
Rise of Nations is fantastic
How come so many RTS got these quality as fuck soundtracks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZVm6R0H7Y
>>
>>343357161
Oh boo fucking hoo the horrendous family tree system that served no purpose and wasnt even mentioned until TWW came out because you wanted something to shitpost about is gone
>>
>>343357420
/twg/ here, neo-/twg/ is shit
>>
>>343357650
MUHH HISTORYYYY

MUHHH BLOATED CAMPAIGN FEATURES NOBODY EVER LIKED UNTIL THEY WERE RIGHTFULLY REMOVED
>>
>>343357464
love how all the themes are just variations of the main theme.... then RoL comes up with the epic orchestra version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3q1Bfm5Ug

I shed a tear every time. Timing for RoL was just so bad...
>>
>>343357650
>neo/twg/
Oh fuck right off. I guarantee iv been there longer than you and its always been this way.
>>
>>343355275
Supreme commander forged alliance is 10/10
>>
>>343358206
>clams to be in /twg/ for long
>/twg/ actually liking a TW game

>>343357464
Played the shit out of RoN, RoL steam release when
>>
>>343358206
lol bet you don't even remember gook
>>
>>343358508
>>/twg/ actually liking a TW game
Just because there have always been a handful of faggots who hate everything doesnt mean the whole of /twg/ is or has ever been like that.
>>
TW Warhammer is great, but I'm a Warhammer fag

Just pirate the DLC
>>
>>343359370
>DENUVO
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.