[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Darkest Dungeon worth buying? If so, then why? And if not,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1459509491443.png (220 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459509491443.png
220 KB, 400x400
Is Darkest Dungeon worth buying? If so, then why? And if not, then why not?
>>
>>343353968
Do you enjoy an endless uphill grind against a game system that is entirely based on RNG for nothing?
>>
>>343354218
>entirely based on RNG
Really?
>>
>>343354443
Are you OP?
>>
>>343354574
Yeah.
>>
>>343354218
Perhaps the same could be said of all dungeon crawlers
>>
>>343354618
The combat is entirely based on it
And the combat's rewards

The combat rewards you need to make characters beter
>>
>>343354218
t. didn't play and doesn't know anything about the game
>>
>>343354774
>>343354837
>>343354879
I regret buying Nuclear Throne months ago. Now THAT shit feels rigged. I had much more fun with Isaac Rebirth.

Anything else you can tell me about the game, without going into spoilers? Mostly mechanics, I mean.
>>
>>343353968
It's a fun, if stressful, roguelike with some neat Lovecraft shit in it

I'd say it's worth it
>>
don't bother

It might be interesting at first but after a few hours you realize that the grind is mobile game tier
>>
>>343353968
I pirated it so I can't really tell you about cost efficiency, but I enjoyed it. People who bitch about difficulty and RNG are baddies. There's no more RNG than in any other RPG, and the difficulty is easily surmounted by just not being a retard and making sure not to exceed your limits.

Otherwise, it's a fun roguelike turn-based RPG with a cool atmosphere/artstyle and some pretty interesting things going for it, namely the stress system.
>>
File: 400px-Hopeless.png (192 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
400px-Hopeless.png
192 KB, 400x400
end grind or no it's a fun game. lot of particularly tense moments that make it a nice experience.
>>
>>343355171
The beginning is great. Lax on rng and allows diversity.

Later is just becomes too much. So many times ive played and loved it for like 10 hours, only to lose a group of my best to thigs entirely out of my control.

Then I drop it because I cant be bothered to grind a new batch up. Especially if they were essentails
>>
File: 1452158836691.webm (982 KB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
1452158836691.webm
982 KB, 711x400
>>343355171
The very beginning and mid game is the hardest but shouldn't be too hard at the beginning if you can keep the mentality that your party is expendable for the most part. The narrator is god-tier too.
>>
>>343355171
>Nuclear Throne
>rigged

What
It's a twin-stick shooter, how can that be rigged?
I mean you could get lousy weapons but even the worst weapons are decent enough to win with

And the only time I've ever been fucked by mutations is when I'm going for a reeeeally specific build like double minigun Steroids and I don't get the exact mutations I need

But at the end of the day it's a twitch action game
>>
>>343356758
I KNEW IT
>>
>>343356758
>/v/ at a game journalist convention.webm
>>
>>343356957
>It's a twin-stick shooter, how can that be rigged?
>I mean you could get lousy weapons but even the worst weapons are decent enough to win with
Tell that to Enter the Gungeon, friend ;)
>>
>>343353968
You'll master the entirety of the game within 10 hours of playing it. You'll need to spend about 40 more hours to finish it completely and "finishing it" is a war of attrition against RNG and minimizing risks.
You fight the same 8 bosses 3 times, with two random encounter bosses and the Darkest dungeon.
I stopped having fun when I realized that I didn't feel like I was conquering dungeons but instead avoiding having to grind up new characters when RNG struck one of my guys down.
If that sounds okay to you then buy it. If not, avoid it.
>>
DAZED
>>
>>343359078
REELING
>>
>>343359341
AND ABOUT TO BREAK
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.